Well I thought they hit rock bottom with 'Dead Inside', but they 'Dug Deeper' on this one for sure! Safe to say I won't be bothering with Muse anymore. I'm done, gone, OUT.

You previously thought they had hit rock bottom with a great song? Arguably one of the best "pop" songs they've done?

Few more listens from me:

- The message/vibe still stands. It makes me feel positive. Not got a problem with that.

- The sound still makes me feel like something's trying to mate with my earholes. It really helps to listen to it through a good pair of headphones rather than my computer speakers. I love the womp.

- The song itself won't become a favourite. I genuinely like it, but it's very much a pastiche of too many things, and it's still standard radio-friendly Muse, so it goes around the middle of the field for me.

- I'd like to hear it live.

Still not hating! It's such a minimum effort track, but it appeals to me. They could've cracked out something super crazy for a 'comeback' song, but I'm not surprised that they didn't. It's safe, and it's alright. 6/10, I'd say.

Mostly my stance on the song. A bit more positive than I'd be but close.

Someone on YouTube said that Muse has been experimented too much with those "broadway musical" style vocals that doesn't mix well with Muse's style and I agree. Why do they keep doing these lame musical vocals? Are they inspired by lame high school musicals right now or something?

He thinks it's inspiring, apparently.

Tell you what would have rescued this song; an enormous Eurovision-worthy key change.

Hmm when I think about it more... Muse would make a good Eurovision song. Parts of Drones and T2L are absolutely Eurovision-worthy.

I'll admit I only watched the vid that was the latter part of the song, but it really did sound mimed. Maybe I just assumed because the "woah" bits are.

And yeah, these places make them do the instruments that way and they just go along with it for the money now. Those things can be big bucks for low effort.

I'll admit I only watched the vid that was the latter part of the song, but it really did sound mimed. Maybe I just assumed because the "woah" bits are.

And yeah, these places make them do the instruments that way and they just go along with it for the money now. Those things can be big bucks for low effort.

The woah bits are sung to my ears. Perhaps recorded live beforehand but they definitely sound different from the record.

Just watched the live version.

Matt's vocals are live, definitely. Lot of effects on them, but they're live. The backing vocals... not so sure, but eh.

It's a good go at it. Though, to be honest, as a song with a lot of electronic elements, I'm not surprised that it doesn't sound much different live from the recording - it's a pretty simple song to perform. I think at a gig, through a proper, good PA, it'd sound cracking. Plenty of womp. I'm still keen to hear it live.

As for the song itself - I literally just listened to it about 20 times on repeat because it got itself stuck in my head today and I couldn't think of anything else to listen to.

I still like it. It's so, so, so standard Muse-by-numbers, but I'd happily take it as a Madness replacement on the setlist. No issues here.

....then again, I didn't hate the new Linkin Park album, so I guess my music taste is obsolete ;)