+ Twitter and the last news post

Personally, I can understand feeling icky about it but I'm relatively alright with it. I think it's just a case of that song being the freshest thing in the band's minds to use as a tribute, rather than a promo thing.

Muse shared Dig Down pro-shot from Nashville

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLXTXgXe5tc

Pretty fucking good and cool female cover, very faithful to the original source yet adding just enough individual personal twists on it. Just the way I think covers should be done.

Looking through her channel she has covered some other Muse songs like OoS-era material and some Absolution material as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVVlKpID67Q

The solo's my favourite part by far...

I'm sitting here genuinely struggling to even remember it had a solo. Must have left quite the impression.

Still can't be worse than the god awful Madness solo. At least the one in Dead Inside fits really well and is more of a standalone composition.

I really don't get why people talk about the solo as a redeeming quality or best part. Isn't it like 5-10 seconds of nothing?

^ It's pretty generic and comes out of absolutely nowhere imo but, even if you do like it, surely it's too short to be any kind of redempion? :chuckle:

The redeeming part for me starts with the big G4(?).

^ It's pretty generic and comes out of absolutely nowhere imo but, even if you do like it, surely it's too short to be any kind of redempion? :chuckle:

The redeeming part for me starts with the big G4(?).

It doesn't redeem the song at all. The song is terrible, still. I just like the sound of it, for the couple of seconds it plays. Then I'm depressed again when it goes completely nowhere and the crappy chorus starts again.

I really don't get why people talk about the solo as a redeeming quality or best part. Isn't it like 5-10 seconds of nothing?

The start of the solo creates a sense of optimism that the song is just about to build up into something. And just as quickly, it's over and we're back to the bland repetitious groove of the song.

Is this the same guy who wrote Shrinking Universe, New Born, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Hoodoo, Exogenesis? I've never seen a top-flight songwriter degenerate like this over the years. Not a single one. Matt Bellamy will go down in history as the worst rock songwriter ever after having been one of the best!

It's just one song. It's a really bad song, but it's just one. Right after he wrote a bunch of really decent ones, too.

One boring, derivative, panderfest theme song for a shitty TV network...

But, it's a bit early to call them the most embarrassing band of all time, maybe. Or... considering Survival exists... maybe too late...

But, it's a bit early to call them the most embarrassing band of all time, maybe. Or... considering Survival exists... maybe too late...

At least, Survival kicked some ass live. Even if it was a bit of a prog metal cheesefest. This summer tour could use some of that.