Actually it would be the Halloween font, if that counts.

Anyway what was different about the Rome logo? That it was yellow? I'm positive they've done that before.

It was a different font to the usual Muse logo. I think also on the album cover its in purple, not yellow.

While I prefer the old logo to any of the other ones they've come up with - including the Origin logo - I do wonder if its just part of the experimentation.

I don't get Dig Down at all. If they were trying for a pop song they missed...horribly. I think it is kind of an obscure song. It's not something that will be played on repeat on the radio in the US. There really isn't anything catchy or poppy about it. It's slow and uninspired.

It's Muse getting together and trying to write a US hit.

They quite literally tried to recreate Madness, and proved that they had no idea what made that song popular in the first place.

Why did it catch on in America in a way it didn't over here?

I don't think the song really caught on that well in the UK. It doesn't really go down that well live.

That sort of genre is really popular here, and the lyrics were perfectly sappy/relatable romance stuff. The build up kept it from being completely boring, the lyrics were delivered well, and it felt sincere, whereas Dig Down feels like it panders/milks the current climate (by "feels like" I mean "totally does.")

That sort of genre is really popular here, and the lyrics were perfectly sappy/relatable romance stuff. The build up kept it from being completely boring, the lyrics were delivered well, and it felt sincere, whereas Dig Down feels like it panders/milks the current climate (by "feels like" I mean "totally does.")

Serpent, I disagree with this a bit. To me the popular songs here, in the US, are about a catchy beat, rhythm. "Bite that tattoo on your shoulder"....courtesy of the chabismokers. Terrible song catchy beat. Lyrics have little to no meaning. Dig down will not appeal to those people.

I don't really keep up with the popular songs but I really couldn't name a whole lot of songs around that time that were similar to Madness. Even for the ones that are, they don't start off with that weird vocal sample.

I would expect Undisclosed to be the more popular one. It was popular, but not Madness level. Maybe some things just happen.

Serpent, I disagree with this a bit. To me the popular songs here, in the US, are about a catchy beat, rhythm. "Bite that tattoo on your shoulder"....courtesy of the chabismokers. Terrible song catchy beat. Lyrics have little to no meaning. Dig down will not appeal to those people.

Different genres of music, and completely different age group the song appealed to.

Which is why Madness was a monster hit on "adult alternative" stations but barely hit the mainstream. More soccer moms than high schoolers.

It still sounds thoroughly boring to me. It's just so bland. Unfortunately the live video seems to emphasise it too, rather than compensate for it somewhat with a bit of energy on stage or something. I'm really lost for words, and not in a good way. I never thought I'd ever find a live Muse video boring...

So a day and a half, that's how long it takes to record and release a proshot of a song.

They must really be working on something special for all those releases they've promised us. I'm imagining 4K 4D.