Also confused about that ending now that I've watched the video. There's a lot of delay on his voice but that held note also sounds phased like it was doubled. There is a harmony part that's basically singing the same note for a short time, also Matt's voice. That could be it.

It's cringe-inducing to see Matt use some generic Glee-style vocals when he's the same guy who sung "Uno", "Cave", "Showbiz", "Citizen Erased" in his unique style.
Didnt you say you'd leave?

Is it just me now or Muse seriously needs to take a break from touring and making music? Like a year or two or three to clear their minds? Not only is their music uninspired, but they even look tired and bored. ANKOK playback is the last straw for me. I missed their 2 concerts in my country during Drones Tour. I regretted it because they played CE and Assassin on the 2nd gig, so I was hoping to see them in 2018... but looking at the stream from last night's gig.. I'm not sure I want to anymore.

I regretted it because they played CE and Assassin on the 2nd gig

That's what makes it so hard for me to ever concretely say "I can't support this, I'm not going to Muse gigs anymore". They always have that slight chance in them to suddenly whip out one of your absolute faves that never pops up otherwise, in Europe at least.

That, and I don't actually mind seeing stuff like PIB, Supermassive, Starlight and Stockholm at just about every gig. Dropping down to 15 songs at big gigs is a tester though...I remember thinking that was a bit skimpy on the Psycho Tour ffs.

That's what makes it so hard for me to ever concretely say "I can't support this, I'm not going to Muse gigs anymore". They always have that slight chance in them to suddenly whip out one of your absolute faves that never pops up otherwise

That is actually a good reason to stop supporting them

The Twitter account for BBC's Match of the Day said something involving Muse's Dig Down is going to be at the end of tonight's show, which was re-tweeted by Muse's Twitter account.

Quite a curio if its this big statement song about the times we're in, and its being used by shit like the CW or football highlights. Then again I recall a big thing about Reapers being used at the FA Cup Final, which is an odd forum for it. :chuckle:

I'm not sure how many Muse songs lead themselves for football shit, mind. Even if I did kinda have a chuckle when I saw a game at Southampton last April and the chorus of Uprising was the music when the teams walked on.

The Twitter account for BBC's Match of the Day said something involving Muse's Dig Down is going to be at the end of tonight's show, which was re-tweeted by Muse's Twitter account.

Quite a curio if its this big statement song about the times we're in, and its being used by shit like the CW or football highlights. Then again I recall a big thing about Reapers being used at the FA Cup Final, which is an odd forum for it. :chuckle:

I'm not sure how many Muse songs lead themselves for football shit, mind. Even if I did kinda have a chuckle when I saw a game at Southampton last April and the chorus of Uprising was the music when the teams walked on.

Map and Butterflies were used for F1 and Final Score I think so they have the sport links bizzarely

Map and Butterflies were used for F1 and Final Score I think so they have the sport links bizzarely

Butterflies kinda makes sense as a motivational thing. I also recall MOTP being used in the London Olympics opening ceremony, and a guy who won a medal at the Beijing Olympics saying Plug in Baby was his "get psyched" song.

There was a time, a few years ago now, where i would listen to a Muse track then switch to anything on the radio and think "Muse are so much better than any of this". After listening to Dig Down, i switched to the radio and though "All of this is better than current Muse" That made me feel a bit crappy tbh. A shame

There was a time, a few years ago now, where i would listen to a Muse track then switch to anything on the radio and think "Muse are so much better than any of this". After listening to Dig Down, i switched to the radio and though "All of this is better than current Muse" That made me feel a bit crappy tbh. A shame

This is a painful realization to make. They're so god damn all over the place now with the demographics of their fan base. I mean Dead Inside is a poppy song but it's pure gold. But this...

and the playback at live shows now...