I genuinely think this might be Muse's worst song ever.

Sure there have been loads of duffers, but they've come as part of a creative process that has produced some mega tracks. You win some, you lose some, they at least felt like the band was mking an effort one way or another.

Dig Down though, jesus. It's like they actually didn't give a shit and just tossed something off to fill a gap. How did they make something so bland after the likes of Dead Inside, Reapers and The Handler?

At least NSC was a complete one off though. According to Matt, Dig Down will be on the new album. Comparing to the other electro-pop singles, I think it's considerably worse than UD, Madness and DI - and they all came off average to poor albums.

Puts a big downer on this next album before we've even gotten to the proper build up stage..

• 3 months later...

Something's been bugging me for a while now and I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned it.

During both choruses, I can hear something hidden in the track that sounds out of place...it kind of sounds like Matt laughing.

I can hear it at 1:21 and 2:18. Has anyone else heard this? Forgive me if this is old news!