After securing a ticket for Glastonbury yesterday I had a quick look to see if there were any rumours on headliners for next year.

In this months Q, they have an interview with Chris from backstage at the Electric Ballroom gig.

“I think we would play Glasto every year if we could!” he declares. “It’s probably the best festival in the world. We’re all hoping we get to do it on this album. It’s been a while.”

Just thought I'd leave this in here, it might mean they want to do even more European festivals next summer after the arena tour.

After securing a ticket for Glastonbury yesterday I had a quick look to see if there were any rumours on headliners for next year.

In this months Q, they have an interview with Chris from backstage at the Electric Ballroom gig.

¡°I think we would play Glasto every year if we could!¡± he declares. ¡°It¡¯s probably the best festival in the world. We¡¯re all hoping we get to do it on this album. It¡¯s been a while.¡±

Just thought I'd leave this in here, it might mean they want to do even more European festivals next summer after the arena tour.

Uhm, quite unlikely by now. Too many tour dates next year.

Birmingham and a 5th London gig have been announced. For the record I would've preferred Birmingham to London, but last train home from Birmingham on a Saturday is at 9pm and I don't actually know where the NIA is, as opposed to the NEC.

It also says "More North America dates will be announced soon"... they're dragging their feet on this one aren't they?

NIA, or Barclaycard Arena is easy to find, ignoring the specific route that I would take by memory, go left down New Street towards the Canals, when you hit the canals go right, big shiny building with several bridges connecting to it. 15 mins walk. If I was driving in I'd park at the mailbox and walk straight up the canal tow path.

I've also allready committed to London on the Monday night, but I don't mind making a weekend visit out of it, London is an hour train for me, plus I've got places to crash or just AirBnB it in North London.

NIA, or Barclaycard Arena is easy to find, ignoring the specific route that I would take by memory, go left down New Street towards the Canals, when you hit the canals go right, big shiny building with several bridges connecting to it. 15 mins walk. If I was driving in I'd park at the mailbox and walk straight up the canal tow path.

I've also allready committed to London on the Monday night, but I don't mind making a weekend visit out of it, London is an hour train for me, plus I've got places to crash or just AirBnB it in North London.

The last train from New Street to my nearest major stations is an 11:10pm departure on Mon-Fri, so for most gigs, its a run. But on Saturday, its much earlier. I noted I had to skip a Two Door Cinema Club gig at the Birmingham O2 I had a ticket for in 2013 because the last train home was at 9pm, which was when the gig was due to start. I wish more arena bands would book a weekday gig at the Genting/LG Arena, as that's right on top of Birmingham International station so its easier to discover, and I can return home easily after.

I might consider the NIA for Foals when that goes on sale, but as Wembley Arena is much easier for me to reach than anything in central Birmingham, it looks like I'm likelier to be going to that one.

“I think we would play Glasto every year if we could!” he declares. “It’s probably the best festival in the world. We’re all hoping we get to do it on this album. It’s been a while.”

I said I believe they'd do the summer festivals again this tour and I still believe they'll be a headliner at Glastonbury 16. The tour dates so far end a week or 2 before Glastonbury so it sort of fits. Guess we will find out soon enough though.

NME have done their usual thing of regurgitating that nib. But I thought I'd ask - in the Q article, is it a full review of the Electric Ballroom gig and does it have mentions of what they are doing on the Drones 360 extravaganza?

NME have done their usual thing of regurgitating that nib. But I thought I'd ask - in the Q article, is it a full review of the Electric Ballroom gig and does it have mentions of what they are doing on the Drones 360 extravaganza?

If anything, probs just more:

"haha so cuz ur albums called drones will u be using drones lmaogeddit?"

"yeh lol"

If anything, probs just more:

"haha so cuz ur albums called drones will u be using drones lmaogeddit?"

"yeh lol"

... yeah in retrospect that was a pretty silly question. :chuckle:

EDIT: An image of the article is actually on the Q site. Reading it on a 3 time zoom, the main copy was a review, and there was a 5 question Q&A with Chris, which went through small venues, the reception of Drones, how Download went and the Glasto q.

Edited by forevermusic

Friend of mine on the east coast heard something on the radio. Initially told me it was Muse news, but then told me they said "big concert announcement" and played Muse afterwards. Fair guess, I suppose.

Yea that sounds legit. I hope your friend is right they really have been making their sweet time with this next leg...

Once they told me a Muse song was played, I got a little skeptical. Not sure they'd recognize a Muse song... :chuckle:

Nothing announced, seemingly. :erm: Getting a bit frustrating.

Yea me too. Artists are announcing arena tours for next MAY right now, so Muse is really taking a rick by NOT ANNOUNCING ANYTHING and keeping quiet, b/c they will see that the tickets sales will be lower then last time- why do they have their hearts set on this 360 shit who knows.

Yea neither can I unless they are only announcing NYC. I am willing to bet it MUST be Dec/Jan/early feb if that's possible. And yea, I think the other dates have been selling well enough for them to go ahead w/ the full 360, but if the Drones World Tour is as extensive as T2L tour, then they are screwed in some of the markets to make money.

Ugh Muse, not winter again! 2013 I saw Muse in Columbus on March 5th. When I went inside the arena, the weather was light rain. 3 hours later after the concert, we walk outside and it's an absolute BLIZZARD! Several inches of snow on the ground, and more falling very fast. Took me over 2 hours to get home (usually a 45 minute drive). If I didn't have 4-wheel drive I'd have never made it, the snow plows just couldn't keep up.

If travel is so impossible for you in the winter, how does your economy survive? Do you all live in your offices? :erm:

I get your frustration about not having dates yet and I hope they're released soon, but this travel in winter issue you keep going round in circles in here is ott imo.

Travelling in winter is harder all over the world. But that's why we have snow ploughs and good cars and tyres. And if we live in particularly snowy areas, we are perfectly capable of actually driving on the snow itself, if need be with skid chains. Patience and good material are all we need. And if the snow gets too high, the snow plough. No biggie.

I know your country is large, but if you're driving a few hours anyway, it's not much of a deal whether it's one or two more because you have to go a little slower.

tl;dr winter happens all over the world and people deal with it. :LOL: