My two cents...as someone who lives in the Phoenix area...

Gotta agree that people as far as I can tell just aren't talking about Muse in the US. On FM here, it's weird. Multiple stations here in various formats gobbled up Madness. there is an Alternative station here, but it is too out there for my tastes. but, I think they have been playing DI and Mercy plenty. the station I listen to more, 98 KUPD, plays Uprising and KOC and Madness all *very* occasionally. KUPD is very active hard rock. Their bread and butter are bands like Slipknot. I have *never* heard Hysteria on KUPD which I don't get. They are ignoring Drones completely.

Why they haven't released the Handler as a single for the harder rock fans in the US, I will never know.

Agreed that they seem to be handling their promotion in the US all wrong. Highly doubt that Gila River Arena (where the NHL Phoenix Coyotes play) will be very full on 12/5.

KUPD is very active hard rock. Their bread and butter are bands like Slipknot. I have *never* heard Hysteria on KUPD which I don't get. They are ignoring Drones completely.

Gotta say, I don't totally get why you're surprised. Hysteria and Slipknot are worlds apart.

Gotta say, I don't totally get why you're surprised. Hysteria and Slipknot are worlds apart.

Well, I agree with you of course. Even though Slipknot is one of their favorites, they still love slightly less heavy bands like Foo Fighters. Or stuff that I tend to not like like I don't know the Raconteurs or AFI and they will occasionally play Radiohead's Creep.

However, the big point...they play Uprising and Madness at times. Surely, we all think that Hysteria is harder than those?

And, maybe it is just my varied tastes. :) My two favorite bands are Muse and Tool. One time on a forum that I was looking at, someone felt the same and asked for similar bands and someone was like "dude, you're offending fans of each band by likening them to each other". When I disagree...they are both enormously talented rock bands. They at least have that in common. :)

And, maybe it is just my varied tastes. :) My two favorite bands are Muse and Tool. One time on a forum that I was looking at, someone felt the same and asked for similar bands and someone was like "dude, you're offending fans of each band by likening them to each other". When I disagree...they are both enormously talented rock bands. They at least have that in common. :)

I love both aswell :D

Seriously, though... what's the deal with there suddenly being a new US date that goes onsale Weds... but it was just shoehorned into the old News update about the US tour, and not pointed out in any way whatsoever, like we all just randomly check old news stories...?

This is what I'm talking about; the management needs to sort their shit out.

Especially if you're giving one month notice to gigs.

Well they did tweet about it. And I'm sure most people probably find out announcements from twitter.

I suppose.

Something a little more traditional for us old people would be nice. :phu:

Or at least for us old people who have to use their Twitter account for work, and don't want to look unprofessional following a band. :chuckle:

I'm still more thinking along the lines of, if you don't already follow the band on Twitter, their website, etc... there hasn't been much in the way of promotion for this.

I don't feel the band is big enough here for that, outside of a few small areas.

The only thing I've heard about the tour from outside sources was a radio station claiming they were coming to Chicago this holiday, which so far hasn't been true.

A radio station that wasn't in Chicago, I might add.

My two cents...as someone who lives in the Phoenix area...

Gotta agree that people as far as I can tell just aren't talking about Muse in the US. On FM here, it's weird. Multiple stations here in various formats gobbled up Madness. there is an Alternative station here, but it is too out there for my tastes. but, I think they have been playing DI and Mercy plenty. the station I listen to more, 98 KUPD, plays Uprising and KOC and Madness all *very* occasionally. KUPD is very active hard rock. Their bread and butter are bands like Slipknot. I have *never* heard Hysteria on KUPD which I don't get. They are ignoring Drones completely.

Why they haven't released the Handler as a single for the harder rock fans in the US, I will never know.

Agreed that they seem to be handling their promotion in the US all wrong. Highly doubt that Gila River Arena (where the NHL Phoenix Coyotes play) will be very full on 12/5.

I don't blame them, the world would be better off if everyone did

Now this is interesting: I was just checking back on tickets for the Quebec City show on Jan. 23 (which is almost sold out - just a handful of VIP tickets left), and noticed that Ticketmaster actually has two shows listed for Quebec City - the one on the 23rd, and another show on Jan. 18th. That one says it goes on sale on Friday.

That's really odd, because it means Muse would be doing that show on the 18th, then going to Montreal for two nights, and then back to Quebec on the 23rd. Seems strange to have the two nights split up like that. The cool thing is, if we end up with "second night syndrome" like on the last tour, then those of us who rushed and bought tickets for the first show actually get to be on the second night this time... :rolleyes:

Once again the promotion of this tour baffles me. Tickets are on sale for the second show in 2 days, and there hasn't been any mention of it. Montreal's second night never got formally announced (either on the website or on Twitter, though at least it has been added to the tour dates section), though I see it's already doing well (GA and lower bowl sold out).

Being from FL...nothing down here... the whole SE ignored incl. Atlanta. They played 3 FL cities last tour. So I am shelling out a lot of money for San Diego where the weather will be decent enough in the winter so not to get caught up in flight cancellations and stuff. I am originally from NJ and know how winter travelling is... that's why I moved to FL. Not to mention hauling that stage around on dangerous roads. Good Luck in that area. Hopefully in a possible 2nd leg. I was able to see them 5 times last tour w. more decent months. At least I will see them one time! Agree the announcements of cities in strange increments is frustrating. They do play their old and new stuff on alternative station in Orlando but not the other stations. So what is up with their management ... same or new management?

Now this is interesting: I was just checking back on tickets for the Quebec City show on Jan. 23 (which is almost sold out - just a handful of VIP tickets left), and noticed that Ticketmaster actually has two shows listed for Quebec City - the one on the 23rd, and another show on Jan. 18th. That one says it goes on sale on Friday.

That's really odd, because it means Muse would be doing that show on the 18th, then going to Montreal for two nights, and then back to Quebec on the 23rd. Seems strange to have the two nights split up like that. The cool thing is, if we end up with "second night syndrome" like on the last tour, then those of us who rushed and bought tickets for the first show actually get to be on the second night this time... :rolleyes:

Once again the promotion of this tour baffles me. Tickets are on sale for the second show in 2 days, and there hasn't been any mention of it. Montreal's second night never got formally announced (either on the website or on Twitter, though at least it has been added to the tour dates section), though I see it's already doing well (GA and lower bowl sold out).

Now on their twitter (still odd they never did that for Montreal night 2). It also seems they've decided to just keep editing the news item on the main page - they got rid of the one that was "Drones World Tour: Canada", and now have turned the one that used to be "Drones World Tour: USA" into "Drones World Tour: North America", and have been adding the new dates into that. Still same picture and basically the same caption.

It's still strange though, because if you were just checking the main site for more gig announcements, you'd probably see that and just think "ok, nothing new yet..." and move on. Yes, I know there are lots of other ways to find out this stuff....but still....

Looks like there's still GA available on the pre-sale for the new AZ show, and like 7th row 1st tier in the sections right in front of the stage.

Are they really going to play to 1/2 filled arenas...?

And dammit, my city could have sold equally as shitty. Why not here? :phu:

I'm not sure why they felt they should play 360 arenas in the US. Most of the arenas will be half full (or half empty, depending on your point of view). Muse are less popular now than they were in 2013, largely due to the overall lack of promotion and public interest of the Drones album. If you look at the Billboard Boxscore numbers for 2013, there's no way they'll hit those numbers this time.

I had anticipated them only doing the larger markets, tbh, and the shows like Detroit, Glendale, etc are a bit confusing still.

They better not be shits enough to cancel these due to poor ticket sales, because I cannot believe someone, somewhere didn't crunch the numbers and anticipate these sorts of sales numbers, ESPECIALLY when giving some gigs like a month notice.

I feel like they're just being stubborn shits about using the 360 stage in the US, but I'm actually wondering if they were banking on that "we're known for crazy stage shows" bit to pull in the extra sales of people who have just heard what a shenanigan their shows are. And I'm sure that's why Muse has been able to play arenas here at all for the most part, but people don't have the sort of money to throw away like that as much anymore, they're still not a terribly "mainstream" band here, and there's been little to no promotion for these gigs.

I had anticipated them only doing the larger markets, tbh, and the shows like Detroit, Glendale, etc are a bit confusing still.

They better not be shits enough to cancel these due to poor ticket sales, because I cannot believe someone, somewhere didn't crunch the numbers and anticipate these sorts of sales numbers, ESPECIALLY when giving some gigs like a month notice.

I feel like they're just being stubborn shits about using the 360 stage in the US, but I'm actually wondering if they were banking on that "we're known for crazy stage shows" bit to pull in the extra sales of people who have just heard what a shenanigan their shows are. And I'm sure that's why Muse has been able to play arenas here at all for the most part, but people don't have the sort of money to throw away like that as much anymore, they're still not a terribly "mainstream" band here, and there's been little to no promotion for these gigs.

The show in Glendale/Phoenix hasn't even started their general sale yet so we don't even know how well tickets are going to sell. And I've actually seen quite a few advertisements already for that gig on the radio and commercials on TV.

Edited by MrPickles--

I live in central ohio, and the nearest show to me is Detroit. 10 years ago I'd have gone, no question. Now I'm 33, am married with 2 young kids, and have a job that I can't just take days off for a concert. 10 years ago I'd have gotten off work, drove the 4 hours, watch the show, and drive back 4 hours, sleep for 3 hours and head back to work, fresh as a daisy! I did it for bands I care much less about.

Kids, adulthood isn't all it's cracked up to be. Hoping they come to ohio at some point soon.

I drove embarrassing distances to see bands I barely even liked 10 years ago, and saw bands I did like way too many times in a row considering most of them did the same set list every single gig.

But I feel ya, even beyond the money and distance, getting off work is damn near impossible, there's the holidays to worry about, no one to watch the dogs, and WINTER. :noey:

Being responsible is such a downer. (As are Muse's current US tour dates.)

The show in Glendale/Phoenix hasn't even started their general sale yet so we don't even know how well tickets are going to sell. And I've actually seen quite a few advertisements already for that gig on the radio and commercials on TV.

Yeah, for what it's worth, I have been surprised to see a number of commercials for the show on I think it has been the local NBC affiliate. I got my tickets Friday afternoon in center stage Section 111, Row T. Was trying to get as close as possible down low while not doing GA as my wife is not a fan of being on the floor. I remember T2L show I believe at what was at the time the US Airways Center and I hope the Gila River Arena isn't too empty this time. :rolleyes:

When I looked at the map for this one on Sat, it looked like at least the first 10 rows in the main side sections were VIP. :(

That seems to have been the same elsewhere too. In Quebec, for example, it appeared to be the first 7 rows up in the main sections on both sides that were reserved as VIP. I was actually surprised by just how many VIP seats there were. Doing some quick (and rough) math on the Quebec one, it looks like over 1000 VIP tickets available just in seats, and I don't know how many in GA as well.

A lot of them did sell early, but for the show on the 23rd I noticed there were still quite a few left after the "regular" sections all sold out (and even though the show is now marked as "Sold Out", there are still about 5 VIP tickets available). Makes me wonder how many people got stuck paying $289 a ticket just because they were a bit late getting to it and really wanted to get in....

Yeah, for what it's worth, I have been surprised to see a number of commercials for the show on I think it has been the local NBC affiliate. I got my tickets Friday afternoon in center stage Section 111, Row T. Was trying to get as close as possible down low while not doing GA as my wife is not a fan of being on the floor. I remember T2L show I believe at what was at the time the US Airways Center and I hope the Gila River Arena isn't too empty this time. :rolleyes:

I got seated tickets for the same exact reason. I ended up getting section 101, row G (non VIP) seats. It seems like seated tickets were the way to go for this concert anyways!

Also, I'm excited to try out the IPhone 6s 4K video capabilities at the concert. I should be able to get some good videos!