On ticketmaster you can look at the Portland show and see which tickets haven't been sold yet. Yikes. The entire upper level is obviously not being used, but even still they've got a long way to go. I'd expect a similar situation in most 2nd tier US cities. If they want to play arenas, they need to promote themselves a little bit. Drones didn't really make much of a lasting impression in the US. It debuted at #1 because the fan base bought the album, and then dropped like a rock afterwards.

They need to go on SNL, Jimmy Fallon, etc, and promote these shows!

Edited by podiumboy

There has to be something better than SNL. Does anyone watch that trainwreck anymore?

Should have tried for Colbert, or something. That would have been watched.

But yeah, obviously announcing the tour with zero promotion, months after the album release, is only functional in a few major markets in the US.

There's morning shows like "Good Morning, America" or "Today Show" that a lot of bands play on to reach a wide audience. Late shows like Colbert, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Conan O'Brien, etc. And I think SNL still has some clout, even though I probably haven't watched it in 10 years. If a band is playing on there that I want to see, I can usually just find the clip online the next day. It's not worth it to sit through an hour and a half of that shit.

The thing to do would've been to put tickets for the USA onsale shortly after the album's release, and do some television/online promotion stuff. The promotional appearances combined with the fact that the band had the #1 record in the USA would've created some hype for the concerts.

Birmingham and a 5th London gig have been announced. For the record I would've preferred Birmingham to London, but last train home from Birmingham on a Saturday is at 9pm and I don't actually know where the NIA is, as opposed to the NEC.

It also says "More North America dates will be announced soon"... they're dragging their feet on this one aren't they?

Birmingham and a 5th London gig have been announced. For the record I would've preferred Birmingham to London, but last train home from Birmingham on a Saturday is at 9pm and I don't actually know where the NIA is, as opposed to the NEC.

It also says "More North America dates will be announced soon"... they're dragging their feet on this one aren't they?

NIA is in the City Centre.

NIA is in the City Centre.

I know its in Birmingham city centre, but I don't know where it is in relation to Birmingham New Street station, which is where I would be coming into. But that's not an issue - moreso is the fact the last train from Birmingham to somewhere near me on a Saturday is too early.

I had to miss a Two Door Cinema Club gig at the Birmingham Academy I had tickets for on a Saturday in March 2013 because the last train left before TDCC were even scheduled to come on.

I don't know if this is the right thread to bring this up but rather than start a new thread, I'll just utilise a current thread. I hope you guys don't mind. I'm a Singaporean and I had a blast when they came over to our indoor stadium last weekend. I waited gleefully for a shout out from the band on Twitter like they normally do when they were done with a show but there was none. I also noticed that Singapore is not archived in their tour dates and I'm curious. I thought we were a good crowd, now it felt like maybe, to the band we sucked. Was the band not hosted well? Did we as a nation failed the band? :$:(

I know its in Birmingham city centre, but I don't know where it is in relation to Birmingham New Street station, which is where I would be coming into. But that's not an issue - moreso is the fact the last train from Birmingham to somewhere near me on a Saturday is too early.

I had to miss a Two Door Cinema Club gig at the Birmingham Academy I had tickets for on a Saturday in March 2013 because the last train left before TDCC were even scheduled to come on.

You considered getting a coach instead? They might run later, and Digbeth Coach Station is pretty easy to get to. It's a bit of a trek though, it's a 20-30 minute walk.

I don't know if this is the right thread to bring this up but rather than start a new thread, I'll just utilise a current thread. I hope you guys don't mind. I'm a Singaporean and I had a blast when they came over to our indoor stadium last weekend. I waited gleefully for a shout out from the band on Twitter like they normally do when they were done with a show but there was none. I also noticed that Singapore is not archived in their tour dates and I'm curious. I thought we were a good crowd, now it felt like maybe, to the band we sucked. Was the band not hosted well? Did we as a nation failed the band? :$:(

I wouldn't take it to heart tbh, they didn't really make a big fuss on social media after their headlining slot at Download.

You considered getting a coach instead? They might run later, and Digbeth Coach Station is pretty easy to get to. It's a bit of a trek though, it's a 20-30 minute walk.

I've had a looksie. There's a surprising lack of coaches between 6pm and 2am.

In any case I'm content enough with doing the one gig in London.

Thanks guys. I am following Matt, both Dominic and Chris on Twitter. So far, for the Asian tour, there is a mention on the host countries one way or another by either one of them. But not one of them mentioned Singapore. I thought maybe the local organisers sucked at hosting the band and it bugs me because I really want them to come back and play again. Hopefully the band still find us worth coming to.

I've had a looksie. There's a surprising lack of coaches between 6pm and 2am.

In any case I'm content enough with doing the one gig in London.

Ah, that sucks a bit. Maybe go to a club night afterwards, or something, to pass the time? Eddies is a pretty good rock club.... [/shameless plug]