TBf Detroit is quite a bit closer to me but since they're all too far to drive to, might as well go more affordable.

I can get to Dallas for $139 and the rest seem to be over $300. Detroit is inexplicably $482 right now. And last time I was there, someone stole my tires. :chuckle:

I'm stuck between risking action taken against me at work in Dec, or $600-800 of airline tix, which is shit.

I wish I believed there were more dates, but I dont. Or they'll be in the Dec gaps.

More than likely yeah. Would work for me given my date is the 12th. Although it is a curiosity that the 4th of the Mexico City gigs in 2013 had arguably the weakest set.

Google Maps says West Village/Greenwich Village to Brooklyn by the NY Subway is 25 minutes. So not too bad. Its not quite the potential option you have of going from Minnesota to Texas.

There are certainly going to be more gigs but its pretty inexplicable they opted for this piecemeal approach. They're not the only ones either - pretty sure The Killers, Foo Fighters, U2 and Depeche Mode (all acts I've previously had mailing lists for) have previously taken this approach to announcing their US arena tours.

My first thought had actually been "Are Muse playing Lollapalooza?" but I'm guessing that doesn't have an exclusivity period like Coachella does.

Lolla does have that but I don't think January would matter .

There is a 25 day gap between the DC date and the first date in Paris. I am assuming they will do a handful of shows south of DC at this time. Maybe Atlanta, Charlotte, somewhere in FL, TN. This would add 8 more nights which still allows a 2 week gap prior to returning to Europe.

I'm going to be so royally pissed if I buy tickets and flights to Philadelphia and then they announce a gig somewhere I'd actually want to visit...

Seems like for some reason Spirit Airlines doesn't fly from late Dec to April?? So a lot of flights are way more expensive that time of year.

I hate flying so, SO much. Probably less than I hate being stuck in the snow on a Wisconsin highway in the middle of nowhere, though. Maybe.

Has anyone noticed that several of the venues are showing an end stage in the US and not the center stage...?

Ticketmaster's layouts are REALLY specific, so it seems a bit odd if it was a fuckup?

I noticed that too. I think they would have to get an actual custom Muse chart uploaded for each venue, so maybe when some aren't available they're just reverting to the standard end stage. Then again, Detroit's listing doesn't list a seating chart at all, so who knows. :LOL:

Evenko (who is doing the sales for the Montreal show) tweeted this a few hours ago:

"Surprise! We will have a second show for @Muse​ on Jan, 21 at the Bell Centre​!! Tickets on sale today at noon!!"

So the second Montreal show will basically fill in the gap between that and the Quebec date. If Montreal is getting a second night, I'd think it highly likely that Toronto would as well, which would have to be on the 17th (the ACC is still free that night, but not the next one or the previous day). Could also mean we'll see additional second night announcements for some USA dates, though I couldn't guess for sure which ones.

Night 2 for Montreal is apparently going on sale today as well, so one would expect an announcement from Muse at some point asap.

Has anyone noticed that several of the venues are showing an end stage in the US and not the center stage...?

Ticketmaster's layouts are REALLY specific, so it seems a bit odd if it was a fuckup?

Dublin has an end stage too so it's not completely impossible that some US dates are like that, although Matt tweeted saying Dublin would be the only one like that.

Dublin has an end stage too so it's not completely impossible that some US dates are like that, although Matt tweeted saying Dublin would be the only one like that.

I think they all changed over now. I was thinking of the Dublin one, and it got me thinking there was a possibility of them doing more of them if they were doing the one.

DC and Detroit were showing an end stage even during the pre-sale, and I was tempted to grab them just in case it turned out to be true.

Pretty glad I didn't; Detroit still has GA available, and I'd never have been able to get rid of them.

Seriously, Muse... why Detroit?

Does anyone think they will throw in one or two more additional shows after the holidays but before the Detroit show? They end in LA on December 19 and then there are no shows until Detroit on January 14. I would think they would play one, if not both, of Salt Lake and Denver. They could easily do this around the 10th of January by storing the set after LA and then playing these cities prior to going further east. Any thoughts?

Dublin has the 360 stage side-on, because the Three Arena is a concert arena rather than a sports one, like the Leeds First Direct Arena.

On ticketmaster some of the dates have interactive maps of the venues, and you can see every seat sold. It's pretty ugly out there. Dallas, Seattle, Portland and Boston are the only ones you can see, and it's not good. WHY do they play arenas in the US? And WHY in a 360 configuration. They can't fill most of these arenas halfway. The new album has had ZERO presence on the radio in this country, and people just aren't talking about Muse.

On ticketmaster some of the dates have interactive maps of the venues, and you can see every seat sold. It's pretty ugly out there. Dallas, Seattle, Portland and Boston are the only ones you can see, and it's not good. WHY do they play arenas in the US? And WHY in a 360 configuration. They can't fill most of these arenas halfway. The new album has had ZERO presence on the radio in this country, and people just aren't talking about Muse.

This has been the concern since the beginning of all this.

There's zero promotion of this album in the US anymore, and the 360 only demands MORE tickets to be sold. Other than LA and NY, the sales from last tour didn't bode well for that.

I have no faith that they're going to come back in the fall, as people are speculating. Why drag all that expensive shit back to the country with low sales?

And seeing that the seats in the 1st tier that aren't selling are pretty universally the ones on the "points" (discounting, like, Detroit, where GA is still available) gives me the impression people are intentionally avoiding what they see as bad seats, and those could have been sold through with an end stage set up.

But, like I said before, I've seen bands selling equal to much more albums than Muse is, in the US, play clubs not arenas.

Muse pulls in the extra "I heard this was a great live spectacle" crowd, but it's not enough.

They had a shot right when the album released here, but they weren't ready with the gig dates, then the wait was pretty damn long, and there's extremely short notice, which will hurt their sales in a lot of venues.

And where's the promotion?? They couldn't get this band on a TV show, or something? I'd be looking for new management.

This has been the concern since the beginning of all this.

There's zero promotion of this album in the US anymore, and the 360 only demands MORE tickets to be sold. Other than LA and NY, the sales from last tour didn't bode well for that.

I have no faith that they're going to come back in the fall, as people are speculating. Why drag all that expensive shit back to the country with low sales?

And seeing that the seats in the 1st tier that aren't selling are pretty universally the ones on the "points" (discounting, like, Detroit, where GA is still available) gives me the impression people are intentionally avoiding what they see as bad seats, and those could have been sold through with an end stage set up.

But, like I said before, I've seen bands selling equal to much more albums than Muse is, in the US, play clubs not arenas.

Muse pulls in the extra "I heard this was a great live spectacle" crowd, but it's not enough.

They had a shot right when the album released here, but they weren't ready with the gig dates, then the wait was pretty damn long, and there's extremely short notice, which will hurt their sales in a lot of venues.

And where's the promotion?? They couldn't get this band on a TV show, or something? I'd be looking for new management.

Yea I was worried when I couldn't get tickets for the Boston show RIGHT WHEN they went on sale, b/c they do typically sell out in MA in a short time, but I didn't need to- still GA available for that show, too. So I'm thinking of getting GA, rather then seats b/c I don't want to be in the upper balcony but don't want to spend $219 on the best seats or get the 'point' seats so GA is the way to go, right?