If I remember the figures correctly they only ever set out to sell 7200-7300 odd tickets for the Portland gig. So in actual sales terms they sold something like 95% of the tickets. So the intention I assume was not to try and sell the full arena.

Yes, but the Moda Center on full capacity it's around 13k, imagine how a 360 stage would look like with not even 7k tickets sold.

I think it's safe to say there will be a 2nd LA show on the 19th, and possibly a 3rd one. Seems strange to take 3 weeks off, do 4 shows in Mexico, then take another 3 weeks off and do 6 shows in the western U.S. But, what do I know?

If they had 6,000 people in Portland last time, odds are they'll draw roughly the same size crowd. That wouldn't even be enough to fill the lower bowl in a 360 configuration. All I can figure is they'll have to sell the upper level tickets for like $20 or less if they want anybody up there at all.

2 Staple Center shows on the 18th-19th. What do you think of adding 1 or 2 more shows to The Forum after those 2 say for the 21st-22nd? Staples Center is a busy venue with all the sports teams around that time.

2 Staple Center shows on the 18th-19th. What do you think of adding 1 or 2 more shows to The Forum after those 2 say for the 21st-22nd? Staples Center is a busy venue with all the sports teams around that time.

It would be unlikely because the Forum is a Live Nation venue while Staples is Goldenvoice/AEG. If they add more shows, it would be more likely to be the Honda Center (if it's available which I haven't checked).

If I remember the figures correctly they only ever set out to sell 7200-7300 odd tickets for the Portland gig. So in actual sales terms they sold something like 95% of the tickets. So the intention I assume was not to try and sell the full arena.

7200 was the capacity once they realized they weren't going to be able to sell out the lower bowl. Trust me, if they could've sold more than 7200 tickets they would have. I was at the 2013 Columbus show and they had the entire upper bowl curtained off. That was not by choice, but by necessity. Muse aren't really big enough to play arenas in the secondary markets like Portland or Columbus. But They must still make money at it or else they wouldn't come back, or they would downgrade to smaller venues they can fill. Regardless of what venue they play, I still hope they return to Columbus.

I honestly think they don't have their shit together for this leg of the tour.

Maybe booking was a pain, maybe insurance/permissions for the flying shit are a huge problem, but announcing this big of a tour on such short notice, and then only announcing 4 dates that had already leaked doesn't really inspire confidence in what's going on.

It must vary from band to band, because I cannot remember ever buying tickets to a gig at that short notice.

When I used to go to a lot of them, I'd have to put colorful reminders on the calendars, because I knew for sure I would forget in the next 6 months.

The sheer size of these gigs coupled with their tenuous popularity in most of the US is what makes this short notice and lack of announcements baffling, though.

And makes me a bit worried they are going to do little batches to feel out the market, instead of scheduling a full tour.

Breaking Benjamin, for example, has sold over twice the CDs that Muse has in the US, and is still playing 3-5k club venues.

(Not to mention playing a hell of a lot more songs...)

To be fair, this used to be the normal time to announce. The US shows are 3 months away. It's only in the past few years that bands are announcing shows 6 months plus in the future.

True, I think the furthest I got tickets to a gig would be when I saw Death Cab for Cutie a little more then a week ago when tickets went on sale Feb 6 for a Sept 11 gig.

That being said, Death Cab sold out INSTANTLY. Muse, on the other hand, for most of the US, doesn't. They would NEED the 6 months ahead of time to push sales besides the shows in like LA, NYC, Boston, and a few others that do sell out instantly.

I'm just afraid they'll only add like 5 more cities and call it a day.

If they play a few more gigs, and even one of them is in Jan (and not the holidays) I'd be content.

Even if it's in Canada.

I still have this nagging feeling if anything else is announced, it will be Nov/Dec, still.

I'd wager the rest of the NA gigs will be announced soon and will happen in Jan and Feb. It may not be extensive but I'd wager you'll see Chicago, Boston, NYC, Toronto at least. I'm not that familiar with their popularity elsewhere to speculate.

Wanna add my post about speculation on Amsterdam-March09&10-2016-tickets to this thread too - http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=11152411&postcount=40

:mad:

There was a very interesting Channel 4 documentary on this in 2012, which basically found out viagogo received loads in allocations from promoters and also used bots. There was even a High Court attempt by them to block transmission, which failed.

Since ticket sales largely moved online, this has become infuriatingly common. But very little is being done to regulate this. Personally I feel these sites should be capped to face value or at most, 10% of face value. But clearly nobody's willing to do rein this in.

There was a very interesting Channel 4 documentary on this in 2012, which basically found out viagogo received loads in allocations from promoters and also used bots. There was even a High Court attempt by them to block transmission, which failed.

Since ticket sales largely moved online, this has become infuriatingly common. But very little is being done to regulate this. Personally I feel these sites should be capped to face value or at most, 10% of face value. But clearly nobody's willing to do rein this in.

The Government want to leave it to 'the market'....It's been dismissed from debate time and time again