it really seems like Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City should be with LA and Portland since I think those dates are usually all together. Maybe they're not part of the drones tour but are holiday radio shows and that's why they haven't announced them yet? I don't know that's really the only think that makes sense unless they really are just doing CA and Portland on the west coast for the now.

Might be a precursor to something, it kept saying 4 this morning but only actually pulled up 3 shows. Then Toronto did show up a little while later to be the 4th show.

16 additional shows would be far more than I was thinking, so hopefully!

It appears the pre-sales count as a separate thing, so might just be 8, if this is the case.

*edit: it officially says 9 now, and pre-sales are counted, so each gig is two that's not onsale yet.

And the other Canada dates were added, so looks like false alarm.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

These additional December dates are not unexpected, but just bizarre still to be added so close to the actual dates.

There are still a few gaps in the December run, both sides of Las Vegas - perhaps they'll add extra nights there. The January/Feb run still has more large gaps available - I'd still be willing to bet on a few second nights (Toronto at least, quite possibly Montreal too - probably Brooklyn too, if that is going to be their only New York location for this tour), and there's also still time before Detroit and very likely time after Philly before they head back to Europe.

And the announcement yet again says more NA dates are coming, so there surely will be more....just why they keep dragging it out is such a mystery....

Now, where are the HOORAY and other celebratory exclamations from the other side of the Atlantic? I'm listening :p:LOL:

It's about how many I expected, just not the places I expected.

But again, shitty if they're not announced by Weds and people buy tix to Brooklyn and NYC gets announced after.

As far as I know, Brooklyn is a part of New York... so what is your comment supposed to say? :erm:

Why should one city get gigs in different suburbs? (regardless of size! Mexico City has more people than New York for example and gets gigs in one place) Or do you mean something entirely different?

These additional December dates are not unexpected, but just bizarre still to be added so close to the actual dates.

And the announcement yet again says more NA dates are coming, so there surely will be more....just why they keep dragging it out is such a mystery....

I agree. For a band this size, it's just weird except for "secret" gigs. I do think they've had a lot of problems with something around this, there is no way I can imagine anyone involved deciding to do this deliberately. Anyway, I'm glad you have a larger list of gigs now.

Now, where are the HOORAY and other celebratory exclamations from the other side of the Atlantic? I'm listening :p:LOL:

Alright then, here's a HOORAY! for the Canadian dates :p Quebec is as close as I ever figured they'd get to me and they were nice enough to put the gig on a Saturday (which works for me both in work and travel arrangements), so even though January isn't my first choice, I'm pleased :)

Again, I suspect if they'd just gone and announced all the shows they're doing right away and early, a lot more people would be happy. It's that uncertainty for some as to what else could be coming that they haven't announced yet that's the real kicker. It still says that more NA dates are coming, so....do you jump on tickets for a much farther away gig now, or bet on them coming to a major city that's closer and risk missing getting tickets?

I guess that's one nice thing in the Canadian context about knowing for sure that they won't go farther east than Quebec, but it has to be a little frustrating for people out west who have to decide whether to commit to going all the way to Vancouver or Toronto, not knowing if some other western dates might show up later. (I'm sure there are good parallels in the US as well, but someone else can fill those in ;))

$79.50 with a $16 service charge ($95.50 in total). Might vary depending on venue, not sure.

Bloody 'Ell, I'm still gonna pay that price but if it's to see 16 songs and Madness Starlight and Uprising in a row that's a joke

What ever happened to the Plug in baby, Stockholm syndrome, Knights of cydonia encores?

Are they closing the top because that's where they might be flying the drones out of? I don't know, just guessing. I'm in Ohio and I can't decide to buy tickets to Detroit, which is 3 hours away and have to book a hotel room in January or wait and see if they come anywhere closer. I would be steemed if I bought those tickets now and they showed up in Columbus later. I just don't know what to do?!

$95 is still what cheaper than what the UK shows were (roughly $122, in case you cared).

Apparently "more American dates will be announced soon". The fuck is wrong with just announcing them all at once?

EDIT: Thinking of locations, I reckon there'll be Phoenix and Denver shows to go with Vegas in the gap between the Texas and Vancouver concerts, and a Chicago date in January. Not sure where else though.

As for NY, the gap is clearly for a second show at the Barclays Center. Is Brooklyn really that far out from the rest of New York? Its hardly the cross-country flight some fans have to face.

The UK shows will probably get longer and better sets though, to be fair. Generally speaking, at least.

You'd like to think so at least. Although as I'm only going to one, sod's law indicates I'll probably get the shittest setlist. :chuckle:

I reckon the final one (Friday 15th) is gonna get the best set.

You'd like to think so at least. Although as I'm only going to one, sod's law indicates I'll probably get the shittest setlist. :chuckle:

I reckon the final one (Friday 15th) is gonna get the best set.

Could go either way. They might dig deep or wanna pull off some kind of grand finale, or they might be knackered from the other 3 dates and play a really standard set.

I'm betting on the 12th and the 14th getting the best ones, so I'm standing on those :p

I guess I was just pretty surprised at Brooklyn instead of MSG. It's not too far away. Probably 45 mins? The flights are a bit rich for me, so I didn't look much.

Dallas is the only affordable option for me, but I might run the risk of getting fired that time of year.

At this point I'm wondering if they did a cut and paste job in the news and there aren't more dates. It's a shitty amount of stress for people to decide to gamble and wait or not.

I'm glad they announced more than 4 dates today but the "additional tour dates to be announced soon" kills me. I will never understand why they don't announce their full tour all at once.

All I need is Phoenix to be in that gap between Texas and Vegas ( preferably 12/4!) and I swear I'll never complain again.

I guess I was just pretty surprised at Brooklyn instead of MSG. It's not too far away. Probably 45 mins? The flights are a bit rich for me, so I didn't look much.

Dallas is the only affordable option for me, but I might run the risk of getting fired that time of year.

At this point I'm wondering if they did a cut and paste job in the news and there aren't more dates. It's a shitty amount of stress for people to decide to gamble and wait or not.

I agree, it really sucks how they're doing this. I'd just about guarantee Phoenix will go between Dallas and Vegas, but why not just announce it? I do not get it.

Since its in such short notice, maybe availability was an issue with MSG, the busiest venue in the country.

Could go either way. They might dig deep or wanna pull off some kind of grand finale, or they might be knackered from the other 3 dates and play a really standard set.

I'm betting on the 12th and the 14th getting the best ones, so I'm standing on those :p

More than likely yeah. Would work for me given my date is the 12th. Although it is a curiosity that the 4th of the Mexico City gigs in 2013 had arguably the weakest set.

Google Maps says West Village/Greenwich Village to Brooklyn by the NY Subway is 25 minutes. So not too bad. Its not quite the potential option you have of going from Minnesota to Texas.

There are certainly going to be more gigs but its pretty inexplicable they opted for this piecemeal approach. They're not the only ones either - pretty sure The Killers, Foo Fighters, U2 and Depeche Mode (all acts I've previously had mailing lists for) have previously taken this approach to announcing their US arena tours.

My first thought had actually been "Are Muse playing Lollapalooza?" but I'm guessing that doesn't have an exclusivity period like Coachella does.