Quebec

Boston

New York x2 or 3

Philadelphia

Washington, D.C.

Atlanta

A Florida city

Then of course LA 2.

Maybe a couple Midwest shows, but probably not as extensively as they did last time.

We did have double shows in both Toronto and Montreal last time, which sold quite well iirc. So I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple nights there too, especially with how big of a production it sounds like they're going to have. On the Canadian front I would guess Calgary and Edmonton (or at least one of the two) would be likely as well.

They will probably play in these cities for certain;

Dallas

Houston

Denver

Phoenix

Seattle

Vancouver

Chicago

Minneapolis/st. Paul

Detroit

Toronto

Montreal

Quebec

Boston

New York x2 or 3

Philadelphia

Washington, D.C.

Atlanta

A Florida city

Then of course LA 2.

Maybe a couple Midwest shows, but probably not as extensively as they did last time.

I so wish what you said there was true, but think you're being much too optimistic. I tend to go with what muse s'amuse is saying- just some limited dates in Jan- Feb in major markets before the grueling Euro tour. Sadly, the US doesn't sell very well for Muse- except NYC & LA- & Warner (or whoever is in charge of these things) has given no support whatsoever- no promo on late night or any other shows where much lesser bands have been. That 360 production looks very intensive (translate: expensive) & Muse might not want to lose money by playing to empty arenas. Such is life, & I'm one of the ones who get screwed. :(

I would absolutely burst into tears if Minneapolis got a date in Jan/Feb, but yeah - that's way too optimistic. A lot of those areas wouldn't sell nearly enough, and I think we're going to see what we saw on the east coast 3-4 dates, tops. :'(

My boyfriend is pushing for us to go to Toronto, but besides kinda pricey flights, I don't even know if we have enough time to get passports! (also spendy.)

There might be issues with Homeland Security and the Minnesota ID, from what I'm hearing at work, and we might need passports to fly within the US. :noey:

Would probably make the timeline to get them a lot longer, and is Muse even going to give us a month's notice, ffs?

So, I've been thinking about getting one anyways, but I want to hold of on getting one for the bf and I, as it's pretty damn expensive for nothing, and he never travels by air. Like, has never once been on an airplane.

However, he's completely, 100% against my going to Chicago, and I think that leaves, what? Canada? :chuckle:

As I said before....oh how I envy those train services!

A few years ago we went en famille to London for a few days, booked well in advance, tickets for The Lion King and cheap train tickets (our wonderful train service is cheap if you time it right, really really expensive if not...) Happened to be the worst weather for years before or since, it was -12C on the morning we set off. We got to London just before the snow and ice brought down the power and signalling cabling at St Neots (iirc), and our train back was just after they'd got it all working again, there hadn't been any trains north for two days. We were so lucky! But yeah, trains can be very seriously affected by snow.

It's useful to remember, also, that salt isn't effective below -6C, yes the grit will add a bit of grip but it doesn't have an effect on the ice.

A few years ago we went en famille to London for a few days, booked well in advance, tickets for The Lion King and cheap train tickets (our wonderful train service is cheap if you time it right, really really expensive if not...) Happened to be the worst weather for years before or since, it was -12C on the morning we set off. We got to London just before the snow and ice brought down the power and signalling cabling at St Neots (iirc), and our train back was just after they'd got it all working again, there hadn't been any trains north for two days. We were so lucky! But yeah, trains can be very seriously affected by snow.

It's useful to remember, also, that salt isn't effective below -6C, yes the grit will add a bit of grip but it doesn't have an effect on the ice.

Alright, there's one area I'll definitely concede: we may not have as many or as frequent train services, but our trains are built to handle winter! I've been travelling between Halifax and Montreal (and on to Ontario) at Christmas time every year for the last 8 years, plus typically another mid-winter trip (our "reading week" for school, which happens to be in late Feb/early March), and over that time I've travelled through some brutal winter storms on the train, usually with not more than 30min to an hour delay (while flights were grounded and people were struggling on the highways). Often lots of snow, but also as low as -30C or so. VIA Rail (our passenger railway) even had a whole ad campaign last year based around the idea that the train is the one reliable way to travel in crazy winter weather :) Sometimes things do get to be too much, but generally our infrastructure is built to handle it too, and as I say, the trains are very much built to handle it.

For example, here's a video from last winter (a freight, but our passenger trains can do the same thing):

The only issues we routinely have are actually with a fleet of second-hand British passenger cars that we have - built for the "Nightstar" (an overnight service through the Chunnel that never happened), our gov't bought them for a great bargain of a price. They have been an absolute nightmare during the winter, because they were never built for it. And of course now they've had to put a crazy amount of money into them to "winterize" them, making the initial bargain much less of one.... :LOL:

Aaaaaaanyway.... to drag this back on topic: maybe they'll announce something, sometime, eventually...maybe???

The London - Peterborough line (via the delightful towns of St Neots and Huntingdon...) are built on narrow strips of land that are above sea level, while the surrounding area is below sea level. The slightest changes in precipitation and air temperature causes chaos to the lower section of the East Coast mainline as the soil is very unstable to changes in conditions...../geography essay.

Last winter Interpol got stuck on their tour bus near Buffalo for about 2 days in that one really crazy storm :LOL:

As I mentioned before in this thread on this subject. My gf and I actually live in

the Buffalo area, the south towns area that is the southern suburbs to Buffalo,

And that storm nailed us last year! It was one of the worst snow storms I have

Ever been in and I grew up in Syracuse, NY and the winters there are pretty intense

Too!

But not just that early November storm (yes November!!!) last year, was the most

snow in one week I have ever been a part of, but all of last Year it snowed so much

here non stop from November to mid April, my gf and I Decided we were moving to

Los Angeles (where she is from) after Christmas.

For the people that don't live or have lived with these conditions, you will never

Understand until you actually live in it as a daily life. Remember it is just not the driving

It's the shoveling and commuting and hoping whatever road you take it is plowed!

My gf and I just got back from camping an hour and a half away the middle of no where

And we actually had the discussion about imagining how awful the drive would have

Been just an hour and half away caught in a bad snow storm. And then I started telling

Her about this thread and how people are pissed that Muse might be doing a winter

Tour in the north east and she does not blame people for being annoyed ;) .

Canada has been added!!! :D

So it's confirmed: they are indeed touring this way in January, so I'd expect to see some eastern US dates added during that month too.

Dates:

10 December | Vancouver, BC | Rogers Arena

16 January | Toronto, ON | Air Canada Centre

20 January | Montreal, QC | Centre Bell

23 January | Quebec City, QC | Le Centre Videotron

Vancouver in December isn't at all surprising, as they're already on the west coast that month. Just wonder why it took so much longer to announce that one. And as much as January might suck, the Quebec City date is perfect! (for me anyway :-P) It's on a Saturday, which means I can actually take the train up and back with minimal time off work :D

Looking at those Toronto and Montreal dates, it looks very likely that there will be second nights added. I don't see anything scheduled at the Air Canada Centre on the 17th, so they could presumably do a second night then. There's also nothing scheduled the two following nights at the Bell Centre, so that seems likely too. Both of those venues sold well last tour with two nights (I know Montreal was absolutely packed both days).

I suppose they could slip in a show somewhere close across the border during that week too, but they might just add in second nights and let that be it for that week. So I'd say almost definitely some US eastern stuff through end of January into February, and possibly some earlier in January too.

I'm really starting to believe there aren't anymore US dates, and wondering how miserable it is in Toronto that time of year.

Although, getting two $110 passports doesn't seem highly worthwhile.

The latest announcement still says "More North American dates will be announced soon." I can't imagine that they'd drag their massive stage production over to do Toronto, Montreal and Quebec without doing some other US dates at the same time, especially with a month's gap between those shows and their return to Europe, plus still more time in earlier January. I would think this announcement pretty much confirms there will be other US stuff around that time.

Why on earth it's taking them so long to announce more dates, I have no idea. Would it really be that difficult to just announce the rest of them all at once, especially when they've already announced all these gigs for later in the year??

As we've been discussing here before, Toronto could be pretty miserable or it could be just fine, all depends on the year and the kind of winter it is. You really couldn't say for sure until about a week before...

I still want to believe there's more US, but without knowing for sure, and the dates being released sporadically, it's really fucking frustrating, and I'm getting pissed off.

i already passed on LA because "more NA dates soon" but now I'm afraid if I pass on Toronto I'm SOL.

And the possibilities on what the hold up is is a concern. For all we know, they're getting turned down by venues or insurance. Maybe Portland said yes, and NYC said no.

Some info before making expensive decisions would be nice, because there's really no way they're going to do a smaller stage US tour.

Im checking it and they didn't even sold out GA and there are lots of spots at the 2nd tier, it's half empty :LOL:

You need to look at that map better.

The GA tickets are $219 because Ticketmaster lists scalped tickets right on their website now

GA is sold out as is all the first tier except some back seat at the arrow points.

There are tons of resale tickets for huge amounts of money, and shitty seats left.

Yeah in my mind the timing read as a brief tour in Dec/Jan with some more shows in late summer/autumn. Albeit probably not as many as they were on the last two tours. All speculation though. I'd imagine there will be Seattle, Chicago, Detroit, Boston and New York at least to come, but not sure where else.

For some reason I thought Canadian Thanksgiving had something to do with the late release of dates there. Doesn't explain the long wait for US dates though.

Realistically, I can see NYC, Chicago, Boston, and Philly getting shows and that's probably about it. Maybe one of Detroit, Denver, Dallas, or Atlanta too. Not really feeling optimstic about many more, at least until summer/fall if they come back for another round.

I could possibly fly to NYC, but aren't they usually as hard to get as LA?

I'd rather go to Toronto than Detroit or Chicago, even if it would cost 4x as much, so I'm still stressing.

I don't see them dragging that huge stage back to the U.S. in summer. At all.

Seems something is delaying announcements. Look how late that Dec Canadian one is, and it coincides with the west coast tour.