Guest Smit
I'm getting in line behind this one. I feel nauseous. If Dead Star had been mentioned I would've been a goner.

What did he say lol?

Those alternative lyrics are just HILARIOUS.. I have just song them along with NSC and it works perfectly..

... someone HAS GOT TO record the alternative Musers Version and You Tube it... stoke of genius..

Will probably be in the top 20. Don't thank the Muse fans though, I expect that was mainly Twilighters...not really a surprise.

There could be general appeal as well. Sometimes songs just capture the public imagination but the singles charts are I think usually mainly dictated by tweenagers so in that context the Twilight affect may be apparent.

But the other factor in it's favour is that it hasn't already been on an album and won't be featuring on a Muse album in the future, so it's likely that Muse fans who aren't interested in the other artists or don't want an album associated with Twilight, will be buying the single. Usually I expect many Muse fans will wait for an album rather than rushing out and buying the single, which is also why following singles from albums don't do so well as Muse fans already have the tracks.

In fact if its only in the top 20 under those conditions I don't think it will have done that well though obviously that also depends on how much radio play it's getting.

It's already started.

Now I have to listen to posts and comments about Muse being dead and being sellouts.

Poor you. Your posts are getting somewhat tiresome. We think the song is shit, get used to it.

:LOL:

Those alternative lyrics are just HILARIOUS.. I have just song them along with NSC and it works perfectly..

... someone HAS GOT TO record the alternative Musers Version and You Tube it... stoke of genius..

I'll do it later today :)

It’s alright. Not horrible / worst ever -- that honor goes to GL & Prague & miscellaneous ancient songs -- but not what it could’ve been. First of all, the musical structure reminds me way too much of Queen’s “Don’t Stop me Now”. Let’s see – piano slow dramatic intro, fast middle w/ cheesy guitar solo, piano outro with soft wailing. Except DSMN is an awesome song! – always puts a smile on my face.

Back to NSC. Ahem, I do believe I was the first (of many) to call out the pre- Ruled by Secrecy interlude as being part of this song. I dunno, Matt played that bit a little too well to be a coincidence.

I do like the sentiment of the song – I’m a sucker for weepy romance when done right (with maximum drama). It has the same idea as Soaked but in reverse. I’m pretty sure I’m the only one on this board who *loves* the intro – lyrics & all. But then it goes all pop-rock. It’s like they were trying so hard to give it the signature Muse touch when it doesn’t fit the song. Jeez, it’s got everything but the kitchen sink in there – galloping drums, synth arpeggios, exaggerated pronunciation (doooiiieee), cheesy guitar solo.

It should have remained an emotional ballad IMO – which means it probably should not have been under the Muse name at all – maybe sold away ala Adam Lambert, or released on a Matt solo record (blasphemy on many counts, I know). And I could do with a more interesting chorus than just rhyming forever/together/never/forever.

But then, I adore the piano outro. Strange that it gives me a vivid image of watching old home movies after a breakup. Very nice.

I see the conversation moving on to charts. Call me crazy, but after the initial Twihard push, I don’t think this will do very well. The song just sounds so old-fashioned (see Queen comparison above), though this is not a bad thing for me. I heard it on Sirius Alt Nation, and it seemed out of place.

I think it will chart well first week and then who knows. I can see a lot of muse fans and other rock fans who buy muse singles hating it and not buying but it'll appeal to a different audience which could boost sales or not be enough to prop it up. Will certainly be interesting. Supermassive got to 4 but that wasn't as much of a change from the old muse sound as this is

lol @ the "Fresh Dombread" tag, just noticed that one :chuckle:

I think it will chart well first week and then who knows. I can see a lot of muse fans and other rock fans who buy muse singles hating it and not buying but it'll appeal to a different audience which could boost sales or not be enough to prop it up. Will certainly be interesting. Supermassive got to 4 but that wasn't as much of a change from the old muse sound as this is

it's also a better song *ahem* :p

The song bothered me at first, but now it seems to be growing on me, just today I found myself singing the chorus. It is not the best song ever but it also isn't the worst song ever, I believe if it wasn't on/or released with eclipse that there would be less hatred towards it.

it's cheesy lyrics and all but every band needs that one cheesy song and this might be Muse's. So I don't know at first listen I hated it but now it's growing on me-it's not terrible.

But then, I adore the piano outro. Strange that it gives me a vivid image of watching old home movies after a breakup. Very nice.

Yeah, like I said, I think on the other thread or here not sure, the whole end section of the song actually now (from the beginning of the guitar solo) makes me think of looking at an old photo album, so funny you should feel that kind of thing too. It has a bitter/sweet feeling of inevitability about it like you feel when you're looking back at the past, the good times as well.

As for the intro, I'm a bit like :facepalm::chuckle: but I like it, it's kind of cute, and the halo bit as well is rather awkward but in an enjoyable way.:happy: I wonder if there are any other love songs which include the words Neutron Star Collision.:D

Yeah, like I said, I think on the other thread or here not sure, the whole end section of the song actually now (from the beginning of the guitar solo) makes me think of looking at an old photo album, so funny you should feel that kind of thing too. It has a bitter/sweet feeling of inevitability about it like you feel when you're looking back at the past, the good times as well.

As for the intro, I'm a bit like :facepalm::chuckle: but I like it, it's kind of cute, and the halo bit as well is rather awkward but in an enjoyable way.:happy:

oh, these are exactly my thoughts:happy:

It’s alright. Not horrible / worst ever -- that honor goes to GL & Prague & miscellaneous ancient songs -- but not what it could’ve been. First of all, the musical structure reminds me way too much of Queen’s “Don’t Stop me Now”. Let’s see – piano slow dramatic intro, fast middle w/ cheesy guitar solo, piano outro with soft wailing. Except DSMN is an awesome song! – always puts a smile on my face.

I like your post. (And thanks for turning me onto DSMN - what a fun song. But I am a bigger fan of Matt's voice by far.) But yeah, good comparison.

Maybe this song is not to grab money or fans, but a devious but syrupy ploy to get his girl back? In some March interview (if it's not a hoax I was reading) Matt said he'll try anything to get his ex back!

I like your post. (And thanks for turning me onto DSMN - what a fun song. But I am a bigger fan of Matt's voice by far.) But yeah, good comparison.

Maybe this song is not to grab money or fans, but a devious but syrupy ploy to get his girl back? In some March interview (if it's not a hoax I was reading) Matt said he'll try anything to get his ex back!

Hmm, if it is I would imagine it as sincere rather than devious and syrupy, though I do get what you mean. But to me it's pure Matt! :happy:

If this had been on The Resistance instead of the "Eclipse" soundtrack, I think there would be less bashing.

I hate to say it, but I might agree with you.

I kinda feel like Matt may need therapy after this thread. Hell, *I* may need therapy after this thread. I'm flipping like a live fish on a hot frying pan - I now have no clue whether I like it or not anymore!

I need some opinions about the following lines from the track

"Hail,

The preachers, fake and proud

Their doctrines will be cloud"

Who is he talking about exactly ? Any religion ? Just the christianism ? Is he bashing The Holy Bible with these words ?

Thanks for anyone sharing opinion and enlightening me about these two lines and what could be Bellamy real intention to tell us with them.

P.S : did he marry Gaia or was just living with her ?

Archived