:D:D @ cheese waviing wonder what would be the best cheese do do this with prob cheese strings or lauging moo moo cow also would be rather fitting

I originally thought "Could we get away with throwing mini baby bels at the stage?" and then realized that I actually live in America where frankly someone would assume I'm a terrorist threat and I'd probably end up in jail or sued because I took somebody's eye out with a flying cheesy projectile.

I'm liking the idea of blow up inflatables. I'm sure in my very distant history I remember something about inflatable bananas and Alien Sex Fiend.

Hmmmm . . . inflatable cheese.

I need some opinions about the following lines from the track

"Hail,

The preachers, fake and proud

Their doctrines will be cloud"

Who is he talking about exactly ? Any religion ? Just the christianism ? Is he bashing The Holy Bible with these words ?

Thanks for anyone sharing opinion and enlightening me about these two lines and what could be Bellamy real intention to tell us with them.

P.S : did he marry Gaia or was just living with her ?

I think he's referring to critics of their relationship, and "fans" or people calling him a cheater/etc., who are the loudest and most vocal against them but had no clue about their real life. And how they just seem to disappear back into the woodwork after all is said and done.

^ No, they weren't married.

Quote from Above and Beyond Magazine:

http://www.aboveandbeyondmag.com/2010/05/18/mp3-muse-neutron-star-collision/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=mp3-muse-neutron-star-collision

British band, Muse, is taking part of this project and coming out with an exclusive track entitled Neutron Star Collision that reminds of their previous work Origin of Symmetry, which is in my mind, the real and honest Muse.

:stunned:

:LOL:

What did he say lol?

Just listing the 3 songs that they didn't like - New Born was one. And it's okay, not everybody likes the same thing. My mind just boggled for a moment.

But I gave kudos back for Dead Star so all's well in the realm.

Quote from Above and Beyond Magazine:

http://www.aboveandbeyondmag.com/2010/05/18/mp3-muse-neutron-star-collision/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=mp3-muse-neutron-star-collision

British band, Muse, is taking part of this project and coming out with an exclusive track entitled Neutron Star Collision that reminds of their previous work Origin of Symmetry, which is in my mind, the real and honest Muse.

:stunned:

:LOL:

Sorry, what? :stunned: Where did they see the resemblance with OoS?

I think he's referring to critics of their relationship, and "fans" or people calling him a cheater/etc., who are the loudest and most vocal against them but had no clue about their real life. And how they just seem to disappear back into the woodwork after all is said and done.

Why would they call him a cheater?

+ Love is Forever +

I need some opinions about the following lines from the track

"Hail,

The preachers, fake and proud

Their doctrines will be cloud"

Who is he talking about exactly ? Any religion ? Just the christianism ? Is he bashing The Holy Bible with these words ?

That's what I was wondering too.

+ Love is Forever +

If this had been on The Resistance instead of the "Eclipse" soundtrack, I think there would be less bashing.

heh if it was the lead single for TR like it is for the Eclipse soundtrack, I doubt I would have pre-ordered the album or bought it before listening to at least 3 or 4 other tracks first ;)

As a person who doesn't like the song very much at all, it bothers me a little that this is a single but one of the redeeming aspects of it in my mind, something that makes it tolerable, is that it's a one off on a movie soundtrack and not taking up space on an album. I think it's B-Side quality at best, on the level of Soaked and Who Knows Who.....

When will people stop assuming that the only reason people dislike this song is because of twilight? :noey:

Well with different lyrics and less piano with a bit more powerful bass to contemplate the chorus could be almost close to a Plug In Baby 2.

Anyone read the comments for the post from iTunes on Facebook? Pretty much all negativity towards the song.

I thought it was almost a fact that a big quantity of people inhabiting FaceBook and following bands like Muse tend to complain about it just cause of the Twilight association and for the sole purpose of being edgy and pretentious cunts.

Why would they call him a cheater?

+ Love is Forever +

Because people are assholes. I've seen people write some pretty callous things about Matt and the others outside of the usual "official" channels. It makes this place look like it's filled with rainbows, fluffy kittens and everything nice. :LOL:

Well with different lyrics and less piano with a bit more powerful bass to contemplate the chorus could be almost close to a Plug In Baby 2.

Well, for that matter, with a different singer, some heavier beats, less guitar and a total rewrite it could be Empire State of Mind ;)

When will people stop assuming that the only reason people dislike this song is because of twilight? :noey:

I don't think everyone is making that assumption - it's reasonable to think there could be *less* bashing if it wasn't on the Eclipse soundtrack, no? I can see why some MUSE fans would be unhappy with the association with Twilight. Hell, I'm irritated that Stephenie Meyers has turned vampires into a bunch of sissies who drive flashy cars, but I digress . . .

<diversion tactic>What about a flash mob at the shows with inflatable hammers/dolphins/bananas/[name your inflatable here]?</diversion tactic>

Hmm, if it is I would imagine it as sincere rather than devious and syrupy, though I do get what you mean. But to me it's pure Matt! :happy:

I didn't mean devious in a bad way. Good devious.

And yes I like the sincerity, and genuine feel of the song, which helps convert me from borderline :vomit: to smitten with each listen.

I too am puzzled by the Preacher thing. Maybe the twuth will come out in some interview.

UK people - any chance it will be live on TV at some show? Is there a customary 'debut' show for Muse?

Well, for that matter, with a different singer, some heavier beats, less guitar and a total rewrite it could be Empire State of Mind ;)

If it wasn't so shit it could have been a good song.

How does it even go again? :LOL:

I don't think everyone is making that assumption - it's reasonable to think there could be *less* bashing if it wasn't on the Eclipse soundtrack, no? I can see why some MUSE fans would be unhappy with the association with Twilight. Hell, I'm irritated that Stephenie Meyers has turned vampires into a bunch of sissies who drive flashy cars, but I digress . . .

Not in my opinion, no, because I think it just isn't a good song. All twilight aside there are plenty of reasons to dislike it. I'd say the majority of the backlash/infighting is due to the song itself and it's seeming "love it/hate it" quality and the twilight connection is just a strawman setup by people who like the song and want to dismiss those who don't as simply being "haters" or whatever.

If it was an excellent song that happened to be associated with twilight I think all but the most strident twilight haters would eventually have to come around and say it was good. Take SMBH for instance, for all the complaints I've seen about it becoming the "twilight song" and people not wanting to hear it anymore because of that, most of the time the people admit to having liked the song before or still thinking it's a good song.

Personally, I don't care if other people like the song and I don't care what movie it's associated with, that has no impact at all on my opinion. I do, though, find it annoying when people dismissively assume that those who don't like the song are somehow being dishonest about their reasons for disliking it.

(and yeah, i'd say the same about the people who assume that those who love the song only do so because they worship at the altar of bellamy or whatever)

I like this song, get used to it. You may well speak for the majority but you don't speak for everyone.

We doesn't have to mean you.

I meant the collective of "moaners" and "whiners" that he seems to have tagged us as.

Archived