The children :chuckle:

I've loved Muse for who knows how long. TOADA and New Born were the only songs that never really 'clicked' for me. Hell, even GL managed to click for me after a few months :LOL:

But ya, those are the two songs by them I don't like. I'm weird like that, haha.

Wait, there are muse songs you don't like?! :pope:

You are so not a True Muse Fan :rolleyes:

Now get back to Banter and stop trying to infiltrate TrueFanZone and start beef with your trickery and tomfoolery :phu:

Wait, there are muse songs you don't like?! :pope:

You are so not a True Muse Fan :rolleyes:

Now get back to Banter and stop trying to infiltrate TrueFanZone and start beef with your trickery and tomfoolery :phu:

You silly Main Musers :rolleyes:

You all need to stop forcing yourself to like this song. It's the worst song in the history of ever. If they play this live I think I will die from the horribleness. God help us all if they play this live....

You silly Main Musers :rolleyes:

You all need to stop forcing yourself to like this song. It's the worst song in the history of ever. If they play this live I think I will die from the horribleness. God help us all if they play this live....

this song is beautiful! It's like matt singing with the voice of an angel over music played by cherubs! I believe the lyrics were written by god himself! :awesome:

this song is beautiful! It's like matt singing with the voice of an angel over music played by cherubs! I believe the lyrics were written by god himself! :awesome:

No No No the lyrics are obviously terrible because they were not written by Thom Yorke. :rolleyes:

This song is beautifully horrible. I never knew that Muse could write a song that sucked so badly. They need to write another OoS or Absolution, which are obivously their best albums. NSC needs moar apocalypse.

No No No the lyrics are obviously terrible because they were not written by Thom Yorke. :rolleyes:

It's sung by him though, isn't it? :unsure:

EDIT:

This song is beautifully horrible. I never knew that Muse could write a song that sucked so badly. They need to write another OoS or Absolution, which are obivously their best albums. NSC needs moar apocalypse.

Well, that ones actually true :awesome::D

Absolution <3

This. I don't mind the song so much, it's busy enough for my liking, but Muse. Can't. Write. Happy. Songs. It's upbeat and Muse can usually manage 'epic' without being 'happy,' per se. Not that I only like my music dark either, or think that Muse's catalogue is entirely dark, but this is just... OTT?

The song is #25 in the U.S. iTunes Singles chart.

It's also the #1 song on Muse's page.

Not a bad start for the song in the States...

I was just going to post that:D

I noticed it was 33 earlier today and decided to check up on it. I'm not to surprised though, along with Muse fans there are probably a few Twilighters buying the single.

I don't like the band anymore but I'm still here. Why? Because I got used to coming to this place and talking about things other than the band, the non-Muse section of the board is very good, it's active enough to sustain a proper conversation but small enough to feel like a community. I've met good people through this board and even my girlfriend, so why the fuck would I leave just because the original reason for me joining has gone?

For some people the change in musical direction of the band has turned them off, but they cling to the hope that the band does something that excites them, so it's a disappoint to them when a band that was important to them doesn't live up to expectations. Personally, my tastes have changed and the band that I loved when I was 14 is one I can't stand at 25, I've not even heard the lastest album in full, but if people like it, fair play to them. The one thing I can't stand is the view of some people that the band can do no wrong and everything they have produced is perfect.

yeah I know about the non-muse bit. Thats fair enough I was referring mainly to the Muse section. Dont start getting offended by that comment.

I think its a very small minority who think the band can do no wrong. I think alot of people just dont see the point in extended negativity (myself included) on a forum level. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism but some things I read make me hope the band seldom check this forum.

yeah I know about the non-muse bit. Thats fair enough I was referring mainly to the Muse section. Dont start getting offended by that comment.

I think its a very small minority who think the band can do no wrong. I think alot of people just dont see the point in extended negativity (myself included) on a forum level. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism but some things I read make me hope the band seldom check this forum.

I think they'd be more concerned about the creepy threads than people on the internet criticising their music to be honest.

I wish people would stop worrying so much over one song, as if this song was their one chance to prove themselves or whatever. Matt wrote this at a personal time. It is very personal to him. He just needed to get it all out of his system. I seriously doubt that this will indicate what they do in the future.

That said, I like the song and after knowing the meaning of it I can forgive its cheesyness, and I actually fell lots of emotion in it - it makes me feel sad :(

I agree. Although I don't see the cheesiness of it. But it does make me feel melancholy.

I really like the song.

im new here. so does anyone actually like it?

I dooooooooooooo! :awesome:

This is what I said yesterday...

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?p=7899438#post7899438

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?p=7899510#post7899510

Maybe they should start selling these in the .mu store and at gigs. I'd totally rock a cheese hat.

08WI_1_CheeseHeads.JPG

I wish those were available here! :(

Is that so? Well, then you don't reserve the rights to call yourself a Muse fan. ;)

You're really funny! What gives you the right to dictate the above?! Bless :happy:

I think its a very small minority who think the band can do no wrong.

Oh they can definitely do 'wrong' in my opinion! Guiding Shite! Far worse than this new song, in my opinion. At least this one could be great fun live! :D That can't be said about GS!

Archived