• 1 month later...

After seeing this song live a couple weeks ago, I think I finally have formed a solid opinion about this song and why I hate it:

Hating on it is just too fun.

NSC is not a good song. Plain and simple. It's lyrically an abomination, the chorus feels like it's ripped out of a toddler's book, the guitar isn't that good, and the one redeeming factor - the piano outro - wasn't even played live. And yet the song lies on that perfect line between being so cheesy that it's good and being so cheesy that it's painful, which results in it simply being so cheesy that it's funny. When Muse began playing this song at Staples, I rolled my eyes but only for a split second. But I know I wasn't the only one there who spontaneously began making over-the-top hand gestures while holding back my giggles.

The song gets so much hate in general - both from its Twilight association and its general cheese that I listed above - that it's spawned highly entertaining mockery, including parodies (I wrote one myself), puns ("_____ is forever!"), and more tomfoolery. I seriously don't see this being played on the next tour, and most of us are probably thankful it didn't actually end up on an album, but I think I finally understand why it's such a guilty pleasure - because it's so fun to hate. And we hate because we love. And love is forever. :LOL:

I love it, it's such a great parody!

It is a parody isn't it? :unsure:

And who knows, it might be on the next album after all, if Muse have even fewer (new) songs to record than they did with The Resistance.

A "Doiiii Together !!!" remix perhaps? I guess not.

Im just saying it Knights with a Love theme rather than a Sci-Fi theme I dont love or hate it really

I know what you mean. My post wasn't directed at you. I don't know, it's warmth and bitter/sweetness and sillyness all combined. That's why I like it, I think. I think it's underrated.

Archived