Taking aside what people think of the song, why the fuck would you listen to any song that many times in one day!? :stunned:

Because you can? I've listened to this song 126 times since it's come out.. I've listened to Uprising, Time Is Running Out, Plug In Baby, Supermassive Black Hole, MK Ultra, I Belong To You about a bajillion times each in one day. Somedays all I listen to is one song for the entire day.

Some people just have the one-song endurance other people don't have. For me, it's hearing a small bit that sounds awesome and I just keep listening for other small bits that make the song sound great. Like in Uprising, the guitar after "They Will Not Force Us" just sounds like pure awesome.

For Neutron Star Collision, I like the "and Lie, I will never" part because of the way Matt sings it and I love the piano outro because I've been playing it since I've heard them play it at the 2003 Cardiff gig.

Because you can? I've listened to this song 126 times since it's come out.. I've listened to Uprising, Time Is Running Out, Plug In Baby, Supermassive Black Hole, MK Ultra, I Belong To You about a bajillion times each in one day. Somedays all I listen to is one song for the entire day.

Some people just have the one-song endurance other people don't have. For me, it's hearing a small bit that sounds awesome and I just keep listening for other small bits that make the song sound great. Like in Uprising, the guitar after "They Will Not Force Us" just sounds like pure awesome.

For Neutron Star Collision, I like the "and Lie, I will never" part because of the way Matt sings it and I love the piano outro because I've been playing it since I've heard them play it at the 2003 Cardiff gig.

For me it has to be the falsetto in the third chorus of uprising, which most people don't even hear :)

And it's the second and third chorus' on NSC, they're just so damn catchy :p

Sorry if someone already wrote that before, but I noticed, that the Neutron Star Collision refrain sounds like one song (Le Balcon) from the Romeo and Juliet musical.

Or it's just me??:unsure:

I like the track anyway:) It gives me the feeling that something is going to happen, something good of course:D

For me it has to be the falsetto in the third chorus of uprising, which most people don't even hear :)

And it's the second and third chorus' on NSC, they're just so damn catchy :p

yes that falsetto is amazing as well, every time i try to imitate it i fail in the worst way possible :LOL:

yes that falsetto is amazing as well, every time i try to imitate it i fail in the worst way possible :LOL:

You mean singing it ?

I find Glorious, Exo-Politics and MK Ultra pure pain to sing.

Each time i'm working my voice on my own with them it's pain city but I don't care I love them too much to not singing alongside those three masterpieces :happy:

What a brillant piece of art this Neutron Star Collision is , pure musical brillance.

I haven't listened to this song more than 7 times, but it's beginning to grow on me.

When I listen to it, I don't think 'gee these lyrics blow' or 'this is a mash up of several Muse songs', I take it how it is. Which is Matt reflecting on something quite personal to him, and I don't think that he's trying to get more fans. The music nothing different to what we've heard since BH&R, and the guitar in the first chorus is reminisant of Space Dementia (slightly contradicted myself their). The beginning is the one bit I don't like, it just sounds like something out of a crappy lovedrunk musical.

I don't think their next album will be like this, because Matt did say it'll all probably be irrelevant when that time comes. Which he did say it'll be a long time...

I think Muse's next two records will be more of what we've been hearing since 2006. I seriously doubt they're ever going to be electronic no matter what they say, even if they do, it'll be when they leave Warner Bros.

When there Warner Bros. contract is up then I think they'll experiment a lot more, be even braver than they were with The Resistance (french operatic interludes, symphonies, is what I mean by brave). I can seriously see them 'returning to there roots'.

But hey, that could be 10 years until they release a record not under WB.

Or they could to a 'best of' and a new album and that could possibly cover it.

Although a 'Best Of' Muse would suck because it won't even be their best songs.

I also hope they keep the album format. It'll suck if they release a song every now and then, and they release a compilation of the best. I just can't see it working when touring to promote etc etc.

However, to throw away a lot of what I said...

What Muse say and what Muse do are three galaxies apart.

So we could quite easily get the opposite to what he's told us.

You did NOT just say that.

:ohmy:Oh my, wow i feel faint..........no ok ok thats up to you, but WOW...was not expecting that one.:erm:

I'm getting in line behind this one. I feel nauseous. If Dead Star had been mentioned I would've been a goner.

*ahem*

Old Muse Song Collision

Matt was at home,

Standing in his kitchen,

Got drunk out of his mind and wrote

Neutron Star Collision

Matt, please set down the booze,

Your fans now beg of you!

Then we hold each other

and laugh ourselves to tears...

Sounds like old songs,

got mashed together!

I can't lie,

It won't get better!

And Dom, Dom should never

Have left Matt,

Drunk with a blender!

This songs disjointed,

I can't bear to listen,

I tried to like it better,

but something big is missing

Hell,

The drumbeat sounds like knights,

and synths straight from starlight,

Then end verse with a line

Like "droplets in the ooooocean"

A few old songs,

All mashed together,

Don't comprise

A well made endeavor!

Oh Muse,

You should never!

Have released,

NSC (Love Is Forever)

Now I've got one more thing to do,

One last thing to show to you,

I end this verse and go to the last chorus

This song, is almost over,

And as you might guess,

As Certain as ever,

The one last thing,

The song is made of,

Is a piece sounding like Rachmaninov!

(piano bit and assorted ooos and ahhs)

:p

I should've said it before - pure brilliance.

I will *pay* you to Youtube it.

Am going to post what I've just posted on my facebook:)

Oh dear. Oh deary, deary me. It's got me! The cheesey song!

Listened to it in my car (which has got a bangingly good sound system) numerous times this morning and I now love it!

If you aren't someone who takes themselves (or life) too seriously (and I'm truly not) and aren't seeing this song as a personal attack on your musical tastes then it is actually a very fun song (yes, yes, it's supposed to be sad but it makes me smile as it happens :p:p) and I can see this being a great one for singing along to at gigs (with simultaneous cheese-waving, of course!)!

Those who take themselves too seriously won't be able to view it this way though ;)

:D:D @ cheese waviing wonder what would be the best cheese do do this with prob cheese strings or lauging moo moo cow also would be rather fitting

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead-duck

*ahem*

Old Muse Song Collision

Matt was at home,

Standing in his kitchen,

Got drunk out of his mind and wrote

Neutron Star Collision

Matt, please set down the booze,

Your fans now beg of you!

Then we hold each other

and laugh ourselves to tears...