You make references to a religion on a pop song writtten for a fucked up teen movie francise craze

No, not off base at all.

?? The lyrics are literally,

Hail, The preachers, fake and proud

Their doctrines will be cloud

Then they'll dissipate

Like snowflakes in an ocean

That IS directly aimed at the church... :wtf:

If it is aimed at the chruch it's a bit of a strange one to give to the Twilight soundtrack considering those books are basically a series of "sex before marriage is bad! Abortion is bad!" etc.

Exactly! Maybe it was done on purpose.

If it is aimed at the chruch it's a bit of a strange one to give to the Twilight soundtrack considering those books are basically a series of "sex before marriage is bad! Abortion is bad!" etc.

Are they? I thought they were more directed at the morality against eating people.

Are they? I thought they were more directed at the morality against eating people.

:LOL:

The thing is, Matt wrote it. :LOL: So anti-church or not, what they're given is what they get. I don't think anybody in the Twilight franchise is complaining over a new single.

Edward can't have sex with Bella because he'll "lose control" = they have no choice but to abstain. But suddenly they decide to have sex when they get married in the fourth book.

Bella is pregnant with a hell spawn baby that kicks her so hard it breaks her ribs yet she doesn't seem bothered by the fact it might kill her and it even manages to "tell" her it doesn't mean to cause her pain. Which to me is essentially the author saying it doesn't matter if the mother dies, at least she didn't have an abortion.

And there's probably other stuff I've missed but yeah, there's actual real critical readings of the series that say it's the author pushing her mormon beliefs onto teenagers.

On it's own it's kind of weird and smarmy (though at the same time disturbingly catchy and rather loveable) but as a Twilight song it's fucking perfect isn't it? It's all melodrama and cheese just like the books. If this had been released as a single off an album I would've despaired but as a Twilight single it works.

Edit: I really do hope they don't get a song on the fourth film because that book? Is off the charts of weird.

On it's own it's kind of weird and smarmy (though at the same time disturbingly catchy and rather loveable) but as a Twilight song it's fucking perfect isn't it? It's all melodrama and cheese just like the books. If this had been released as a single off an album I would've despaired but as a Twilight single it works.

^^ This completely!!!

So because it was written for the twilight soundtrack the lyrics can't possibly have any deeper meaning? Disagree.

Was written by Matt about his breakup :p

A Crying Shame felt like another abortion to my ears. Never mind using a swear word after all these years, it was just a poor pop rock-style song, imo.

And if you think a Crying Shame was bad for using one swear word

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpzgr1FLyDw

or my personal favourite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv_ko47ThDk

A Crying Shame felt like another abortion to my ears. Never mind using a swear word after all these years, it was just a poor pop rock-style song, imo.

:facepalm:

People complaining about B-Sides.

The very same songs they didn't consider good enough putting them in an album. Yet, they were nice enough to put them along with a single release just in case someone might like it.

Matt sounds like a Disney prince in this song... Haven't figured out if that is good or bad yet but I'm going to give it a few more good listens before I decide

:LOL:

I have yet to hear this song on anything, radio/TV/etc...

I still like it though.

Archived