People keep mentioning one venue, one of the only things we really know is that it'd most likely be select songs from many venues.

Hopefully featuring arenas, festivals and stadiums.

Just because they're recording and planning to use shots from many different gigs doesn't mean we still won't get a concert DVD, just like Hullabaloo but maybe with more all around the world-shots.

People keep mentioning one venue, one of the only things we really know is that it'd most likely be select songs from many venues.

Hopefully featuring arenas, festivals and stadiums.

It will definitely be a mix of the biggest and best gigs of the tour. We've known that for a while. :)

There was a lot of chat about it back at the turn of the year; we've not heard much since.

Muse (and Warner) aren't stupid, they know Muse have, rightly or wrongly, a reputation as the world's best live band and a DVD cycle that compliments their album release cycle guarentees both parties buckets of dosh for relatively little effort. Also, it acts as a useful stop gap between albums.

Above all, it'll sell like mad.

Why in the name of Warner would they release another Wembley one? But to be honest, that wouldn't be unlike modern muse, same cat, different pyjamas and all. There has not been anything very ''special'' about concerts up to now, even the stadiums, so if they are going to pull something off, it'll be at wembley, but hey...hiring an orchestra to play 3 songs where a full orchestra isn't even used is a bit pointless, they'd probably have a stripped down orchestra IE strings for show, rest as backing track and have something like them all on big risers or whatever.

sounds muse like.

And they said they'll probably do a longer set with more variety next year! :happy:

Sorry to pick the comment from a long time ago, I'd agreed back then but now, not so. They're still playing 21 full songs + riffs, as they did at Wembley 07 and still doing this tour.

As for before Christmas, that would be awesome but I think its unlikely. There's usually more talk of it nowish as we're only 3 months away. I predict March - June 2011.

Why in the name of Warner would they release another Wembley one? But to be honest, that wouldn't be unlike modern muse, same cat, different pyjamas and all. There has not been anything very ''special'' about concerts up to now, even the stadiums, so if they are going to pull something off, it'll be at wembley, but hey...hiring an orchestra to play 3 songs where a full orchestra isn't even used is a bit pointless, they'd probably have a stripped down orchestra IE strings for show, rest as backing track and have something like them all on big risers or whatever.

sounds muse like.

:wtf:

Sorry to pick the comment from a long time ago, I'd agreed back then but now, not so. They're still playing 21 full songs + riffs, as they did at Wembley 07 and still doing this tour.

As for before Christmas, that would be awesome but I think its unlikely. There's usually more talk of it nowish as we're only 3 months away. I predict March - June 2011.

i really hope it isn't the Wembley one, as it would be daft to do another, i hope its maybe a Hullaballoo styley one, or i hope for the LCCC concert.

Noooo i hope it isn't after xmas :( I cant wait that long i dont think :LOL:

things Id like to see;

Uprising w/riff, preferably not a TV performance

MK Ultra - Birmingham

Helsinki Jam - Helsinki

Where The Streets Have No Name - Glasto

Back in Black - San Siro

Ruled By Secrecy - Has this been played twice? If so, the one that isnt Seattle.

Exogenesis 1 - one with the UFO present

I Belong to You - One of the French stadiums

House of the Rising Sun + Tiro - anywhere

Dead Cuts - One of the Japanese Performances

anything else would be a bonus.

things Id like to see;

Uprising w/riff, preferably not a TV performance

MK Ultra - Birmingham

Helsinki Jam - Helsinki

Where The Streets Have No Name - Glasto

Back in Black - San Siro

Ruled By Secrecy - Has this been played twice? If so, the one that isnt Seattle.

Exogenesis 1 - one with the UFO present

I Belong to You - One of the French stadiums

House of the Rising Sun + Tiro - anywhere

Dead Cuts - One of the Japanese Performances

anything else would be a bonus.

:wtf:

You mean Dead Star? :LOL:

I really don't understand why you are whining about having a DVD coming out???

If you don't want one & there is a realease at the end just don"t buy it :eek:

There are people (and I'm among them) who would love to have a Resistance Tour DVD & so we would have something better than a few Youtube vids mostly of average quality in sound or visuals (sometimes both) to look at:rolleyes:

And I don"t think there would be a new Wembley DVD, why do the same thing twice in a row??? All gigs from this leg of the tour have been recorded, so they'll probably do something with this anyway!

i agree, i'm among them too, i don't care if it'd be a new wembley dvd again or it'd be a bad release, i'm going to buy it for sure, but i prefer the resistance tour

I would've thought DVD releases are firstly so everyone can see them from home, people who don't get to see MUSE for that tour can then see them, anyone can see them playing at different parts of the world and adding Wembley to that would be fine, it'd be nice to have Teignmouth added to it as well.

MUSE are just having fun now, being more laid back, I think they're allowed to put their feet up now at least for a bit :)

Archived