A full, uncut concert. It's all I ask for. So long as it isn't Teignmouth, Glastonbury or Seattle (these are already available). Preferably:

Turin (end of europe tour rarities)

Wembley night 2 (best set in a long while)

Birmingham (mainly because I was their)

o2 arena night 2 (fairly good set)

Failing that, a setlist that contains some form of rare song, providing it doesn't get cut (Cave, CE, Bliss, MK, RbS, TaB, CTMEOY)

A full, uncut concert. It's all I ask for. So long as it isn't Teignmouth, Glastonbury or Seattle (these are already available). Preferably:

Failing that, a setlist that contains some form of rare song, providing it doesn't get cut (Cave, CE, Bliss, MK, RbS, TaB, CTMEOY)

pro shots of CE, Bliss, MK, RBS exist on this tour

TaB can be seen throughout pro vids from BHAR.. much rather have footage from a collection of gigs as opposed to a gig with one rare song that's likely to get cut

• 1 month later...
But HAARP was so disappointing :(. The sound mix was appauling and the tracklist curtailed some of the highlights like Bliss and Sing For Absolution.

Agreed, it didn't help it was an average performance on a set that had blatantly been thrown together at the last minute for a stadium gig with no real thought or theme put into it.

Oh yeah I'm also hoping for some backstage lolz. They always entertain!

You mean all 13 minutes of the behind the scenes they last provided.

Agreed, even anything from the states I'd be happy with, one of the special gigs, IE MSG or Staples Centre (with the first gig for the first 3 songs lol).

If it was to be a tour documentary, it wouldn't be a bad idea to break up the set accross the european dates leading to perhaps some stadium footage, I really don't know how you would do it and still have a good flow to it.

Only, every single gig of the entire tour.

They did not provide enough camera angles for a DVD unless they didn't want any typical swinging crane shots, you had fixed camera around the stage and the 2 main cameras on the tracks at the front. These were to provide footage to the towers for video mixing.

The only arena gig that had a crane shot to my knowledge was Madrid and that was for the Resistance Video.

the sound lets the haarp down the most. it's the most shitty sounding live dvd i've ever seen/heard.

compared to what?

On my 5.1 surround set up there's tons of bass. The sound is all just really compressed and fizzy, there's no punch or definition to any of it. It's all too processed and smooth.

what about the stereo track?

It sounds good on my set-up :)

compared to what?

what about the stereo track?

It sounds good on my set-up :)

compared to Hullabaloo and the Absolution Tour DVD for a start. Radiohead's Live From The Astoria DVD, Jeff Buckley's Live DVD, Pink Floyd's Delicate Sound Of Thunder... The list could go on. The HAARP audio sounds flat and lifeless and it lets the video down. Listen to Stockholm Syndromes guitar tone in the opening riff on that compared to the Earl's Court recording on the Absolution DVD.

Yes the live sound has changed between tours, but if definitely didn't sound that dull on the night!

I hope the whole Muse on bikes riding past the queue at Rod Laver on the 14th makes it onto the Tour Doco if it goes ahead. Kirk told us to go back to the line because something was about to happen, and that we'd thank him for it if we did. He had his pro camera with him and recorded the whole thing, along with us. I just want to see myself on the DVD :LOL:

as long as its a good take it'll be ok. let me tell ya all tis: nijmegen sounded great, maybe something like that. as long as its not in some sort of stadion, like wembley, becouse most time that sound sux since there is a chanec for echo's and stuff. maybe they'll do glastonbury, where the streets have no name sounds aesome the the edge.

(plz, dont mind me for late posts):p

I honestly don't have any problems with HAARP. I love watching that DVD. I've watched it on a 30 foot screen with 5.1 surround fiber optic audio. Still good. No problems with audio. Though I am pissed at the lack of CoD, Sunburn, and Bliss.

+1

Why would they do Glastonbury when the full concert has already been released--and in HD, no less? Makes no sense at all.

Also, spell check is your friend.

where can I buy this release?

Archived