See my edit on the previous post.

Dead Star, CE, Bliss, B&H- Needs to be at least one of these EVERY gig. Preferably 2.

They also did Sunburn once or twice in Asia, and the one time in Turin.

Muse should do a lot of things but it's clear that they can't be bothered. Spitting all over your most loyal fanbase is a small price to pay to be able to cater to Twitards and people who have only ever heard The Resistance + Starlight + Supermassive Black Hole.

Muse should do a lot of things but it's clear that they can't be bothered. Spitting all over your most loyal fanbase is a small price to pay to be able to cater to Twitards and people who have only ever heard The Resistance + Starlight + Supermassive Black Hole.

Sunburn? I knew those rumours that one night Wembley would get RbS the other Sunburn came from somewhere...

I hate bitching about their setlists. It is hard for them, but the poll thing proved that this is going beyond extreme. My night at Wembley (10th) voted CE, Bliss, and 3 other notgoingtohappens (Assasin etc). So I was all hyped up that we would get either CE or Bliss. But we didn't.

You know, since they have Blu Rays now, why not just fit everything inside?

YES. I don't have a bluray player. SO NO.

I hate bitching about their setlists. It is hard for them, but the poll thing proved that this is going beyond extreme. My night at Wembley (10th) voted CE, Bliss, and 3 other notgoingtohappens (Assasin etc). So I was all hyped up that we would get either CE or Bliss. But we didn't.

I thought the first Wembley night seemed like the song list for Twishiters :LOL: The setlist for the second looked amazing though, i was at the manchester gig and thought our setlist was awesome! :D

:stunned::stunned::stunned::facepalm::facepalm:

Ohlol. Trollfail :LOL:

:stunned::stunned::stunned::facepalm::facepalm:

Ohlol. Trollfail :LOL:

Trolling? These are facts:

* Example: Lying about not playing Muscle Museum because Matt "lost his pedal."

* Claiming that they wanted every gig to get the same experience, yet playing Citizen Erased, Bliss, Sunburn, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Can't Take My Eyes Off You and Dead Star in Asia.

* Basically admitting that they've known all along what we want but aren't playing it by telling the audience at Wembley 11th that "you're the real fans tonight, we can tell", when that night clearly had a more fan-oriented setlist.

* STILL not playing the New Born intro for whatever messed up reason, which has reduced it to a lame clapalong like Starlight or Guiding Light.

The Resistance tour has been more about the show and the publicity than the actual music. I don't want to believe it either, but given the evidence, what else is there to believe?

Trolling? These are facts:

* Example: Lying about not playing Muscle Museum because Matt "lost his pedal."

* Basically admitting that they've known all along what we want but aren't playing it by telling the audience at Wembley 11th that "you're the real fans tonight, we can tell", when that night clearly had a more fan-oriented setlist.

To be fair, I don't think those points are relevant. We don't actually know he's lying about the pedal, and the second comment was apparently directed to the people at the back. Just saying.

To be fair, I don't think those points are relevant. We don't actually know he's lying about the pedal, and the second comment was apparently directed to the people at the back. Just saying.

You have to admit, both of those things sound oddly suspicious when the tour has already been under heavy fire for the dull setlists and OTT stage designs.

u people whine too much! I cant believe u would be disappointed watching a Muse show just because they didnt play your favorite song. They only have 200 or so to choose form and just 2 hr to play. Obviously they aren't going to play everything we want to hear. Sure we would all love to hear CE (god that would be awesome!) or Bliss, sunburn, and many others, but I for one wholly trust Muse's creative judgement. I'm paying to see Muse, no matter what they play. I'm just excited that they are even stopping in Oklahoma. They've never played here, EVER! So on the 8 th of October while u guys are still bitching about your setlists, Im going to be rocking out to the greatest band in the world! and Im going to enjoy every minute of it!

I appreciate that the first Muse gig is always special, and no matter what they play you'll love every second of it. But you have to see this from my (and others) point of view as well. A little variety to the setlist is NEVER a bad thing for any band. I for one haven't had the chance to see them at their prime, and so I went to see them 7 times this tour. Needless to say, I have appreciated the "rarities" I have seen, but from my point of view they are doing as little as possible for as much exposure as possible.

Really, how hard would it be for them to reserve one, just ONE, slot in their setlist where they rotate some actual rarities? Having Sunburn one night and maybe Space Dementia the other, and then switch that out with something like Dead Star or Muscle Museum? It's not like they've entirely forgotten how to play these songs, they just can't be bothered.

u people whine too much! I cant believe u would be disappointed watching a Muse show just because they didnt play your favorite song. They only have 200 or so to choose form and just 2 hr to play. Obviously they aren't going to play everything we want to hear. Sure we would all love to hear CE (god that would be awesome!) or Bliss, sunburn, and many others, but I for one wholly trust Muse's creative judgement. I'm paying to see Muse, no matter what they play. I'm just excited that they are even stopping in Oklahoma. They've never played here, EVER! So on the 8 th of October while u guys are still bitching about your setlists, Im going to be rocking out to the greatest band in the world! and Im going to enjoy every minute of it!

This is not about people wanting to hear their favorite song. No one is saying anything about not getting to hear their favorite song. And there actually are people out there who have seen Muse more than once, and won't be satisfied with the same thing at every concert. I don't understand this "trusting Muse's creative judgement". Does this mean that we should trust that they know what songs we would enjoy at a concert?

"I cant believe u would be disappointed watching a Muse show just because they didnt play your favorite song" Maybe you should actually read what people are saying before getting into a discussion? There are countless of things that makes the show not even close to as good as it could be, not playing favorite songs is not one of them.

I appreciate that the first Muse gig is always special, and no matter what they play you'll love every second of it. But you have to see this from my (and others) point of view as well. A little variety to the setlist is NEVER a bad thing for any band. I for one haven't had the chance to see them at their prime, and so I went to see them 7 times this tour. Needless to say, I have appreciated the "rarities" I have seen, but from my point of view they are doing as little as possible for as much exposure as possible.

Really, how hard would it be for them to reserve one, just ONE, slot in their setlist where they rotate some actual rarities? Having Sunburn one night and maybe Space Dementia the other, and then switch that out with something like Dead Star or Muscle Museum? It's not like they've entirely forgotten how to play these songs, they just can't be bothered.

I totally agree with this entire post

Muse does very they set list.

can understand why people get frustrated when you don't hear a song you want to hear. i myself have been the same. But i realise that even though it may not be the first for you it may be a first for a hell of alot of people attending these gigs.

This forum i just a small minority of the true extent of the muse fan base. a few hundred maybe request the one song to be played. This few hundred is spread across the world. And theres thousands going to a gig per show. So maybe about 15-20 per show that visit these boards on a regular basis.

Muse have to make sure to that people get a fair setlist throughout the tour. people pruhase ticket for roughly the same price so why should one conert get a different setlist than another?

Muse always change around the setlist even if it is one or two songs.

This board is a minority. Stop moaning and just enjoy the show

Muse does very they set list.

can understand why people get frustrated when you don't hear a song you want to hear. i myself have been the same. But i realise that even though it may not be the first for you it may be a first for a hell of alot of people attending these gigs.

This forum i just a small minority of the true extent of the muse fan base. a few hundred maybe request the one song to be played. This few hundred is spread across the world. And theres thousands going to a gig per show. So maybe about 15-20 per show that visit these boards on a regular basis.

Muse have to make sure to that people get a fair setlist throughout the tour. people pruhase ticket for roughly the same price so why should one conert get a different setlist than another?

Muse always change around the setlist even if it is one or two songs.

This board is a minority. Stop moaning and just enjoy the show

And this is one of the issues I have with the way they've handled the tour (besides the pathetic cop-out that was the setlist polls).

"A fair setlist throughout the tour" shouldn't mean "everyone will get the same setlist except the fans in Asia, because we will play a bunch of rarities completely out of the blue there for no fucking reason other than to piss everyone else off". As I said in a previous post: if they could just reserve ONE slot in their setlist where they rotate a bunch of oldies with eachother, then a lot of whining would be effectively silenced.

Muse are very capable of playing their older (and frankly, better) songs. It's just a matter of them stepping up and actually playing like the best live band in the world should.

And this is one of the issues I have with the way they've handled the tour (besides the pathetic cop-out that was the setlist polls).

"A fair setlist throughout the tour" shouldn't mean "everyone will get the same setlist except the fans in Asia, because we will play a bunch of rarities completely out of the blue there for no fucking reason other than to piss everyone else off". As I said in a previous post: if they could just reserve ONE slot in their setlist where they rotate a bunch of oldies with eachother, then a lot of whining would be effectively silenced.

Muse are very capable of playing their older (and frankly, better) songs. It's just a matter of them stepping up and actually playing like the best live band in the world should.

I totally agree with that. I’ve said for a long time that Muse don’t listen to the fans, and it really get on my nerves. They put out a pole then completely ignore the outcome. One hope of mine is that if they release another pole for a gig (one off gig) and actually play the selected songs. LISTEN TO THE FANS MUSE!!! Totally unfair that different countries get treated differently.

I totally agree with that. I’ve said for a long time that Muse don’t listen to the fans, and it really get on my nerves. They put out a pole then completely ignore the outcome. One hope of mine is that if they release another pole for a gig (one off gig) and actually play the selected songs. LISTEN TO THE FANS MUSE!!! Totally unfair that different countries get treated differently.

Totally agree with you. Ideally a Muse setlist should look like this:

8 slots reserved for the hits

5 reserved for new album tracks

the rest: rotation of songs that fans want to hear. Rarities, deep album cuts, whatever.

Seriously, why play Feeling Good? No one is coming to hear you play that. There ARE however people that want Citizen Erased (for example).

Seriously, why play Feeling Good? No one is coming to hear you play that. There ARE however people that want Citizen Erased (for example).

I think you are out of touch.

Listening to 80000 singing FG as one along with Matt at Wembley on 11 Sept 2010 was breathtaking and out of this world!

It's a new dawn

It's a new day

It's a new life

For me

And I'm feeling good

And we had Citizen Erased! Greeted with the same enthusiasm as all the other songs!

Totally agree with you. Ideally a Muse setlist should look like this:

8 slots reserved for the hits

5 reserved for new album tracks

the rest: rotation of songs that fans want to hear. Rarities, deep album cuts, whatever.

I agree with that ofc, except the last part. Feeling Good is a crowd favorite.

Every Muse gig I've been to where Feeling Good has been played, its got the biggest cheer of the night. It's a crowd favourite. During RBS at Wembley, most people were chatting.

I can see why they play songs like Feeling Good, it's obvious. But there's not really an excuse for not slipping ONE fan favourite into the setlist every time. Most fans could accept a greatest hits setlist if they got to hear just one rare song.

I rekon it's going to be a double DVD. One will be a full american gig (they still need to kiss the ass of the american a little bit...) And the second one will be a mix between San Siro, Stade de france and Wembley.

Cheers

I would be shocked if they released an American DVD if it was a Double DVD. They've given us the full Seattle gig so I couldn't see them releasing a US DVD.

If anything, the DVD will probably be short cuts of random gigs and fly-on-the-wall stuff and will hit about 52minutes with nothing else on it.

And probably no blu-ray release..

Keep your expectations low people :happy:

Archived