Yes they have only just finished playing UK, and yes they have most of the world left to play, but the gig I went to was just that good I already want to re-live it!!!!!

Does anyone know if there are plans for a Resistance Tour DVD a la Absolution DVD?

Highly doubt it, indoor tours rarely are made into DVD's. There should be a DVD for one of the stadium shows though. I doubt they'll do a Wembley DVD, so maybe one of the Euro stadiums in June.

How about a full & uncut DVD of the NIA gig :D ?

Most likely, there will either be a DVD, with the best bits of The Resistance tour, or there will be a another HAARP type DVD, but this time it'll be a DVD of the France show, but I would prefer the saturday Wembley show as I'm going :)

I'd quite like both :)

See what I posted here http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=68597:

Hi,

I just came back from the Madrid gig, and one thing I noticed, there was one of those crane mounted cameras, plus aerial cameras, in adition to the regular ones to show their faces in the screens, etc.

So my question is, there was this too in other gigs? I haven't read anything about it, maybe they want to include part of the Madrid gig in a "TR tour DVD" or something like that?

Cheers.

Just wondering...

Do you think Muse will do a DVD of Wembley in 2010, like they did with HAARP?

I really hope so. It would be an honour to say that I was there.

I watched HAARP last night, and it brought back so many memories of 10/11/09... and it made me even more excited for Wembley (if thats possible).

And it also made me cry:

Matthew Bellamy before Unintended, 'This is an old song. When I wrote it, I never imagined I'd be playing in a stadium'.

Stunning.

Thank the stars that we were blessed with Muse.

Oh look, it's this thread again.

I'd actually prefer it if they didn't bring out a DVD on this tour, it'd prove that they're not purely money-grubbing little buggers and care about their fans. They're not doing a lot at the moment to convince anyone of this because of the way they've dealt with pretty much every aspect of this tour so far, plus the single releases being extremely poor in terms of content.

I don't think it's money-grabbing to release Live DVDs.

However I would prefer if they released a DVD of a gig in a samllish venue this time.

Yeah it is. A live DVD for every tour? And the last two have been shit.

Hullabaloo, that's how you do a Live release well. The Absolution Tour DVD was worse than just recording the performance off the BBC :LOL:

Hullabaloo, that's how you do a Live release well. The Absolution Tour DVD was worse than just recording the performance off the BBC :LOL:

I enjoy watching them. It's a lot better than watching fuzzy clips on Youtube. :)

I usually prefer listening to Muse live than on record anyway.

Absolution was recording it off the telly and then forgetting to change the tape when the best 2 songs were played :LOL:

Hullabaloo was done well because the band had total control over how they wanted it done. Absolution was a struggle because of the influence of the BBC in what could be released on it. HAARP was a record label-controlled release, with rubbish sound mixing, and indifferent visuals thanks to the fact it was mostly in the day when it was recorded. It only really got good after New Born when it got darker, and even then it's only darker on film because cameras don't do dim natural light well.

No, I think they should not release a DVD on this tour, unless they can come up with an innovative release that offers something different than just a gig on DVD.

Muse are on the verge of becoming the Ross Noble of the music world, except Ross Noble could release a DVD of every single show and it'd be totally different every time. Unlike Muse :chuckle:

Oh look, it's this thread again.

I'd actually prefer it if they didn't bring out a DVD on this tour, it'd prove that they're not purely money-grubbing little buggers and care about their fans. They're not doing a lot at the moment to convince anyone of this because of the way they've dealt with pretty much every aspect of this tour so far, plus the single releases being extremely poor in terms of content.

lol agree but not bringing out a DVD isnt the answer when people want one. how about including every song from the gigs and not making you pay extra for bad behind the scenes footage. that would be better than no-dvd.

lol agree but not bringing out a DVD isnt the answer when people want one. how about including every song from the gigs and not making you pay extra for bad behind the scenes footage. that would be better than no-dvd.

Most bands release only one live DVD in their entire career, Muse have done three in four albums. If they do one of this tour it's four in five, meaning that only the showbiz tour gigs weren't recorded for release. It's overkill and dilutes the quality of the releases already made (with Hullabaloo being the only truly good release). If they want to do a DVD they should wait a couple more albums, assuming they haven't split up by then, and then they'll have a fresher input, more new songs, and the chance to do it properly. But Warner will want a DVD release because it's a cash cow, and that's a bad thing.

Most bands release only one live DVD in their entire career, Muse have done three in four albums. If they do one of this tour it's four in five, meaning that only the showbiz tour gigs weren't recorded for release. It's overkill and dilutes the quality of the releases already made (with Hullabaloo being the only truly good release). If they want to do a DVD they should wait a couple more albums, assuming they haven't split up by then, and then they'll have a fresher input, more new songs, and the chance to do it properly. But Warner will want a DVD release because it's a cash cow, and that's a bad thing.

yeah and i find myself wishing there was more, like i do with radiohead. both absolution and haarp could have been great, so surely instead of just stopping them they should increase the quality of the releases? i dont mind it being a cash cow if i enjoy it to be honest, now if they do a greatest hits, that will be a new low.

i would have preferred royal albert hall to haarp though.

yeah and i find myself wishing there was more, like i do with radiohead. both absolution and haarp could have been great, so surely instead of just stopping them they should increase the quality of the releases? i dont mind it being a cash cow if i enjoy it to be honest, now if they do a greatest hits, that will be a new low.

i would have preferred royal albert hall to haarp though.

Radiohead have done plenty of live recordings, but they haven't bowed to pressure and released them for cash. The Scotch Mist show, 93 Feet East, From The Basement (admittedly all done for In Rainbows but without record label constraints they could do what the hell they wanted). Live At The Astoria was only released because Parlophone wanted to rake in a bit of extra cash. I think Radiohead will eventually release a live recording, but not until they are nearing the end of their career, and can do a brilliant spread of greatest hits (and with Radiohead that doesn't mean the singles, it literally could be most of their output). And with Nigel Godrich on twiddling duties, the sound won't be shit like on HAARP.

Radiohead have done plenty of live recordings, but they haven't bowed to pressure and released them for cash. The Scotch Mist show, 93 Feet East, From The Basement (admittedly all done for In Rainbows but without record label constraints they could do what the hell they wanted). Live At The Astoria was only released because Parlophone wanted to rake in a bit of extra cash. I think Radiohead will eventually release a live recording, but not until they are nearing the end of their career, and can do a brilliant spread of greatest hits (and with Radiohead that doesn't mean the singles, it literally could be most of their output). And with Nigel Godrich on twiddling duties, the sound won't be shit like on HAARP.

ive never noticed an issue with HAARPs sound, admittedly it doesnt sound as good as absolution and hulballoo but i thought this was due to the gig itself rather than the dvd. and i meant a proper live gig, i make do with the eurockenees show at the moment.

ive never noticed an issue with HAARPs sound, admittedly it doesnt sound as good as absolution and hulballoo but i thought this was due to the gig itself rather than the dvd. and i meant a proper live gig, i make do with the eurockenees show at the moment.

You can get Radiohead's V and Glasto performances if you know where to look.

Rich Costey mixed out all that was good about HAARP, namely the crowd, and basically polished up the rough edges. Costey can go away, he says he likes bands to sound live on record, but he just makes them sound like he's put a sheen over them.

Archived