Should Chris be given a shot to do lead vocals for an entire song?

ryanbmuff

Should Chris be given a shot to go lead vocals for an entire song?  

587 members have voted

1. 1. Should Chris be given a shot to go lead vocals for an entire song?

• Yes
    • No

No. I've never really seen/heard anything that gives me the impression of him having an "amazing voice." :unsure:

Nah, he may not have an 'amazing' voice, but I love his harmonising with Matt, particularly on tracks like Soldier's Poem, Escape and when they play acoustic stuff (SFA). I'd just like to see if he's got a strong enough 'lead vocalist' voice. I think he's prob better as backing because of the harmonising, though. N'aw Chris needs sum <3, he rules :happy: lol.

having Chris go at it in one song,showing of more of what seems to be a really nice,strong voice anyway. -while Bells would have to resort to prancing around like a happy schoolboy,doing some crazy, epic riffage in the background,and Dom goes mental on the drums?

YES please! :D

that would be way cool :)

I'd just like to see if he's got a strong enough 'lead vocalist' voice. I think he's prob better as backing because of the harmonising, though. N'aw Chris needs sum <3, he rules :happy: lol.

agreed:happy:

though he doesen't need some <3, he deserves it! :D

There should be a new song, akin to live performances of TSP, in which Matt and Chris sing alternate lines. And it would be awesome.

Alternating lines would be a bit too much...

One and only one untainted perfect song with all of Chris's vocal, and produced primarily by Chris with the writing and drum patterns based around Chris's production... or something like that.

I WANT IT RIGHT NOW!!!

:eek:

Alternating lines would be a bit too much...

One and only one untainted perfect song with all of Chris's vocal, and produced primarily by Chris with the writing and drum patterns based around Chris's production... or something like that.

I WANT IT RIGHT NOW!!!

:eek:

that sounds like one helluva sexy track!

i want it now, too!!!

Someone mentioned earlier about sharing the vocals. The 60's band Cream did a bit of that with success. I'm not sure about the original recording of White Room, but it sounds like bassist, Jack Bruce, does the whole song. But in their reunion performance at the RAH in 2005, Bruce does the first couple of stanzas, and Eric Clapton does the refrain. Then after the guitar/bass/drum solo bit, Clapton comes back with the stanza and Bruce does the refrain. It's not swapping every other line, but sections of the song. It worked really well for them.

(Love to see Muse do White Room...but I guess that's another thread. :D )

I can't see why not. And didn't someone say that Matt said he should write the song too.

I'm not sure whether Chris wants to though.

It was so lucky that Matt has such a good voice as he never intended to be a singer did he?

It comes over that he ends up doing stuff others won't rather than he choses to do it. I don't quite understand why so much has been left to Matt over the years really but then I imagine him finding it difficult to take a back seat totally.:chuckle:

• 4 months later...

I love Chris and he's got an amazing voice. People are scared of change and sometimes change is for the good. I'm not saying Chris should take all the lead vocals, but he should have something like TSP at Rock Am Ring or something more. I love his voice and his backup vocals and it makes me mad when it's live and I can't hear anything but Matt's voice. I don't hate Matt but he's not everything.

Anyways............I personally think Chris should get a lot more vocal time, even if it is a whole song. It won't matter to me. It's still gonna be Muse. I'm gonna like the song anyways. XD

I think a lot of it is that, since Matt writes the songs and also the lyrics/tune, he's generally the one singing (not to mention his entire vibe is something spectacular), but Chris has a great voice (much better than a lot of other lead singers out there :erm:) and it would be epic if he worked a bit more with the vocals :D

Putting an emphasis on the harmonizations and vocals could take muse to a whole new awesome place! :awesome:

It makes me excited/curious but I'm not sure how it would work :D

I think a lot of people are overrating his voice. Yes he does backing vocals good and his voice sounds very nice, but I think a whole song would be really boring with that voice, it doesn't really have anything special about it.

I think a lot of people are overrating his voice. Yes he does backing vocals good and his voice sounds very nice, but I think a whole song would be really boring with that voice, it doesn't really have anything special about it.

My intuition says this too.

Archived