Should Chris be given a shot to do lead vocals for an entire song?

ryanbmuff

Should Chris be given a shot to go lead vocals for an entire song?  

587 members have voted

1. 1. Should Chris be given a shot to go lead vocals for an entire song?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not sure how smoking equals a bad singer. This is a failed logic to me. Obviously, you shouldn't, but that doesn't stop countless of singers in the first place.

"Smoking and even exposure to smoke can irritate the lining of the voice box which reduces the quality of the voice, and increases the risk of reflux laryngitis and the need to clear the throat. Smoking also reduces ability to use full voice volume as it can reduce lung function. Heavy smokers often develop swollen vocal cords (Reinke's edema). Smoking also increases the risk of a variety of throat cancers.

Read more at http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/news/smoking_can_seriously_affect_vocal_cords.htm?ktrack=kcplink"

no don't stop smoking, therefore when the wolstensolo album comes out he has a husky voice. it would suit him.

I'm not sure how smoking equals a bad singer. This is a failed logic to me. Obviously, you shouldn't, but that doesn't stop countless of singers in the first place.

Exactly, plus there are worse things they could be doing. Let them smoke as much as they want.

it doesn't equal a bad singer, but eventually your voice will get deeper, usually.

"Smoking and even exposure to smoke can irritate the lining of the voice box which reduces the quality of the voice, and increases the risk of reflux laryngitis and the need to clear the throat. Smoking also reduces ability to use full voice volume as it can reduce lung function. Heavy smokers often develop swollen vocal cords (Reinke's edema). Smoking also increases the risk of a variety of throat cancers.

Read more at http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/news/smoking_can_seriously_affect_vocal_cords.htm?ktrack=kcplink"

Yes, yes, yes, I get all of this. At the same time, I wouldn't go "that singer smokes, so I think he's not singing properly" because that's fucking stupid. They can probably sing better without smoking but whatevs and all that.

it doesn't equal a bad singer, but eventually your voice will get deeper, usually.

+1. Some musicians are better at managing their voices then others and I'm sure once their singing voice gets deeper they try and find ways to adapt it to whatever music they're making.

And deep voices are certainly not a bad thing anyway.

Chris has been smoking for years, so surely any loss of vocal ability can't then be attributed to smoking, unless it's had a cumulative effect on his vocal cords.

Of course it can. You won't damage the voice after a smoke. It's something that happens progressively after regular smoking.

Yes, yes, yes, I get all of this. At the same time, I wouldn't go "that singer smokes, so I think he's not singing properly" because that's fucking stupid. They can probably sing better without smoking but whatevs and all that.

Who's saying that though?

Seemed a lot more like a statement towards certain comments :p

Oh well, I've never actually heard anyone say that. I guess I'm lucky. :happy:

No, was just stating that I certainly wouldn't judge a singer on whether they smoked or not. :p It's just...bizarre. I don't know why anyone would.

I'm glad people don't though, generally. :)

Archived