Should Chris be given a shot to do lead vocals for an entire song?

ryanbmuff

Should Chris be given a shot to go lead vocals for an entire song?  

587 members have voted

1. 1. Should Chris be given a shot to go lead vocals for an entire song?

• Yes
    • No

You know, a lot of you are coming across as very scared of change.

LOTS of bands have let someone else sing at some point. Are those bands somehow inferior because they let someone other than their lead vocalist sing? The music was still obviously them so losing Matt's voice for ONE song won't hurt. I mean, are the instrumentals lesser songs because Matt isn't singing? Nope.

Green Day have done it, on Homecoming the song was in 5 sections and the drummer and bassist sang one each. Maybe Muse could do something like that. Except obviously Muse's would be a lot better than Green Day's.

Not if they let Dom sing they wouldn't

Dom does sing on SMBH but then his voice is distorted using the effects so you arent really hearing Dom singing.

I would'nt let Chris take lead vocals because he is not long gave up smoking and it does seem if he does struggle to hold a note. Thats my opininion on it.

It would be good to see Morgan take lead vocals for a section of a song as he does backing vocals in quite a few songs.

Dom does sing on SMBH but then his voice is distorted using the effects so you arent really hearing Dom singing.

I would'nt let Chris take lead vocals because he is not long gave up smoking and it does seem if he does struggle to hold a note. Thats my opininion on it.

It would be good to see Morgan take lead vocals for a section of a song as he does backing vocals in quite a few songs.

First off, Chris can hold notes for a long time. Have you heard Apocalypse Please, or Soldier's Poem live? Morgan doesn't do as many backing vocals as Chris, and since Morgan is an extra for the live shows and isn't in the studio, that'd never happen.

Dom's voice goes through a vocoder.

No, I don't think he should, and its not because I'm "afraid of change" :rolleyes: I just don't think Chris is a good vocalist.

Oh here we go, people reading the comment incorrectly.

It's fair enough if you think Chris can't sing but the people saying you can't let him sing because Muse = Matt's vocals are the ones I don't understand, seeing as there are several bands who you can identify by their lead vocalist yet they've given another singer a shot at some point...

Three of my favourite bands have tried it. It didn't work for the Jimmy Hendrix Experience, it really didn't work for The Cooper Temple Clause (Waiting Game *shudders*), and it didn't really work that well for the Delays when used too extensively.

Still, I also really like The Beatles, Kasabian, and Pure Reason Revolution, and it works for them at least. I just can't see Chris pulling it off for an entire song though. Maybe if he just did a verse or a chorus, like SMBH for instance, or the shared chorus in TSP it would work though. But then he'd just be doing what he's already done. Hmmmm...

Three of my favourite bands have tried it. It didn't work for the Jimmy Hendrix Experience, it really didn't work for The Cooper Temple Clause (Waiting Game *shudders*), and it didn't really work that well for the Delays when used too extensively.

Still, I also really like The Beatles, Kasabian, and Pure Reason Revolution, and it works for them at least. I just can't see Chris pulling it off for an entire song though. Maybe if he just did a verse or a chorus, like SMBH for instance, or the shared chorus in TSP it would work though. But then he'd just be doing what he's already done. Hmmmm...

Which songs did Dan sing on in TCTC? I can't remember.

Franz Ferdinand let Nick sing sometimes, granted I think they really shouldn't :LOL: - plus Paul did a bside in German.

And we've already mentioned Queen I think?

I swear Matt and Chris did do a shared TSP chorus live in 2003/4.

Which songs did Dan sing on in TCTC? I can't remember.

Franz Ferdinand let Nick sing sometimes, granted I think they really shouldn't :LOL: - plus Paul did a bside in German.

And we've already mentioned Queen I think?

I swear Matt and Chris did do a shared TSP chorus live in 2003/4.

Pretty much all of that mostly horrendous third album. :'(

I haven't heard the German b side! :LOL:

I prefer not to. :p

They did. Infact they do in the earls court performance of it in the Absolution dvd.

Pretty much all of that mostly horrendous third album. :'(

I haven't heard the German b side! :LOL:

I prefer not to. :p

They did. Infact they do in the earls court performance of it in the Absolution dvd.

Ok that explains it, I decided on seeing them live around the time that most of the new material sucked so kind of lost touch before the third album :LOL: - and I didn't like the single that came after Damage either.

It's Tell Her Tonight (Paul Sings) if you're curious enough to track it down.

Ahh yeah, I thuoght I wasn't imagining all those times on the Absolution tour when Chris sang cos it was so obvious as Matt has that effect on his mic that made him sound a lot quieter than Chris :LOL:

More prominent backing vocals, the live TSP of 2004 with Chris doing lots of backing was awesome. Maybe if they had some heavy effects on his voice to start with, we haven't really head enough of him sing yet to tell if he could pull it off. If he can then why not, it could give their songs a bit more depth.

Archived