Should Chris be given a shot to do lead vocals for an entire song?

ryanbmuff

Should Chris be given a shot to go lead vocals for an entire song?  

587 members have voted

1. 1. Should Chris be given a shot to go lead vocals for an entire song?

• Yes
    • No

Also at the end of TaB he really is terrible now, can't hit the notes with his chest voice at all and he just slips into Falsetto.

But I'm up for Chris to sing a song, maybe a B Side and not a song on an album though. Or maybe share the chorus of a song with Matt, I think that would be really cool.

He had problems with that song even in 2006 though :p

:erm: That wasn't his best TaB moment was it? :LOL::facepalm:.

I'd love to actually hear Chris's voice in the foreground; you can't ever really hear him as well cos he's backing Matt, who's always overpowering, lol. I know Chris said he'd be up for it, and Matt was keen to let Chris take the helm, but I still can't picture him being confident/ comfortable enough to do that and be lead vocalist if it came to them performing.

I know he's not exactly shy what with them playing in front of hundreds of thousands of fans all the time, but there's a huge difference with being the frontman and the backing - hence the names! At the very least, he should attempt this on a b-side. That way they can justify not performing it (sort of).

:erm: That wasn't his best TaB moment was it? :LOL::facepalm:.

I'd love to actually hear Chris's voice in the foreground; you can't ever really hear him as well cos he's backing Matt, who's always overpowering, lol. I know Chris said he'd be up for it, and Matt was keen to let Chris take the helm, but I still can't picture him being confident/ comfortable enough to do that and be lead vocalist if it came to them performing.

I know he's not exactly shy what with them playing in front of hundreds of thousands of fans all the time, but there's a huge difference with being the frontman and the backing - hence the names! At the very least, he should attempt this on a b-side. That way they can justify not performing it (sort of).

I think they manage not to play their A-sides pretty well too :awesome:

I'd definetly like to hear more of Chris anyway. If they fancy changing things they could make his backing vocals much more prominent. Having two prominent voices could in the right song sound epic, even if one is technically a better singer than the other.

As for carrying a whole song, I'm not sure. I keep thinking of when Weezer did it, and how that was mostly crap.

of course. it couldn't be the guy just doesn't fancy singing, that doesn't make any sense.

:p

Of course not! And I'm sure, Matt wants to play drums but Dom doesn't allow him to get behind the drum kit. But then Dom would rather be a bassist but .... yeah, you know...it's a vicious circle.:rolleyes:

I'd definetly like to hear more of Chris anyway. If they fancy changing things they could make his backing vocals much more prominent. Having two prominent voices could in the right song sound epic, even if one is technically a better singer than the other.

I actually think this is a really good idea!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

OK, so now that Chris has his songs and seems a lot more involved on stage I think it would be cool if they had him take over vocals for a song that Matt doesn't want to sing. For example they could play The Small Print with Chris singing the whole thing so Matt doesn't have to concentrate on singing and playing guitar at the same time.

OK, so now that Chris has his songs and seems a lot more involved on stage I think it would be cool if they had him take over vocals for a song that Matt doesn't want to sing. For example they could play The Small Print with Chris singing the whole thing so Matt doesn't have to concentrate on singing and playing guitar at the same time.

This.

I think Hyper Music at R&L sounded great with Chris singing the chorus, wonder how the whole song will go.

No.

Archived