Should Chris be given a shot to do lead vocals for an entire song?

ryanbmuff

Should Chris be given a shot to go lead vocals for an entire song?  

587 members have voted

1. 1. Should Chris be given a shot to go lead vocals for an entire song?

• Yes
    • No

• 2 weeks later...
Hell yes they should. :D Coldplay let their drummer sing a pretty song even. Muse should totally do it!

I think my head would implode from the awesomeness though. I'd be hesitant to actually listen... But saying that, I love the sound of his voice. TSP on the Absolution Tour DVD was :eek::D:chris:.

Couldn't be bothered to read the entire thread, but I think it would be sick to have Chris sing lead on part of a song like, say, the verse parts, and then have Matt sing the choruses, with them alternating like that. what do you all think?

Am I the only one who thinks Chris doesn't have that great a voice?

It's fine for backing vocals but why would they want Chris to sing lead when they have Matt, whose voice is infinitely better?

Because he doesn't do it usually. If he would have been a lead singer, no one would have cared. But now that he isn't, it's very cool if he would sing A WHOLE SONG.

His voice is very mediocre, but I like the tone in the higher parts.

Because he doesn't do it usually. If he would have been a lead singer, no one would have cared. But now that he isn't, it's very cool if he would sing A WHOLE SONG.

His voice is very mediocre, but I like the tone in the higher parts.

Yeah, that's the word. Mediocre.

Anyway, if he really wanted to sing lead he would have done it by now.

Perhaps for a b-side but I wouldn't want him to do lead vocals for a whole song on an album, it just wouldn't sound right for me.

As has already been said, he's a good at harmonized vocals but I can't see him having the voice or the charisma to pull off a lead vocals role.

why would they want Chris to sing lead when they have Matt, whose voice is infinitely better?

Because Chris can scream and belt out beastly high notes Matt could only dream of?

That's the direction Muse needs to go in. Less mixed voice, radio-friendly crap and more screaming.

Dead Star:

"Ye-eee-ah" is A-Bb-A

"Fighting yourself" is A

Not above Matt's vocal range, but above his abilities? Definitely, Matt could only scrape notes that high live. Chris can probably go a lot further, too. A singer will usually tense up near their limits, but Chris is nice and relaxed.

Dead Star:

"Ye-eee-ah" is A-Bb-A

"Fighting yourself" is A

Not above Matt's vocal range, but above his abilities? Definitely, Matt could only scrape notes that high live. Chris can probably go a lot further, too. A singer will usually tense up near their limits, but Chris is nice and relaxed.

+1

Matt does a lot more falsetto now, I have noticed. Like in the live of CoD, when "I WILL AVEEEENGE" sounds terrible shit. I reckon Chris could do it. :D.

Maybe I am a little biassed tho.

+1

Matt does a lot more falsetto now, I have noticed. Like in the live of CoD, when "I WILL AVEEEENGE" sounds terrible shit. I reckon Chris could do it. :D.

Maybe I am a little biassed tho.

More falsetto now compared to what?

I can't think of any specific examples, but notes he used to sing with chest voice, but now he falsetto's.

The only songs I can think of where he uses falsetto instead of chest/mix is AP, CoD, S4A, FG and RBS, and all of those has been sung like that since they were released basically. I think Feeling Good was the only song where he did the chest part on a regular basis for a longer period, the rest have pretty much always been falsetto live.

The only songs I can think of where he uses falsetto instead of chest/mix is AP, CoD, S4A, FG and RBS, and all of those has been sung like that since they were released basically. I think Feeling Good was the only song where he did the chest part on a regular basis for a longer period, the rest have pretty much always been falsetto live.

Also at the end of TaB he really is terrible now, can't hit the notes with his chest voice at all and he just slips into Falsetto.

But I'm up for Chris to sing a song, maybe a B Side and not a song on an album though. Or maybe share the chorus of a song with Matt, I think that would be really cool.

Archived