Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

Listen to this interview until the end, tour starts in US in March or April, around summer i. Europe, then South America, maybe Asia!!!!!

https://rockantenne.hamburg/programm/podcasts/whole-lotta-talk/episode-10-muse

the interview is very good me thinks!

That is a really interesting interview actually, especially the bit where Matt talks about finding BH&R and T2L hard.

Really good interview.

Regarding future shows, I understand their reasons for not wanting to just rely on 'a big screen showing spaceships flying around' but at the same time I think all the theatrics (like with what we saw T2L stadium tour) have a tendency to detract from the music. Sounds like they're wanting to go all in this time though...I hope they can find the right balance.

I hope this time they don't miss Poland in arena tour. Festivals are okay, but it's not the same feeling. Still, we got two gigs, one with Assassin and CE, it's more than some countries got, but it was T2L Tour gig that made me speechless with its' stage and visuals. Even that I wasn't a fan of Drones 360 stage idea I wanted to see it by myself. Wish they announce it in later part, but pls without actors, acrobats or something like that.

So Festivals in Addition to the cities with presale opportunity?

Werchter in belgium, Lollapalooza Berlin?

could be an option to Berlin but i guess they will do an Arena Tour in the Mercedes Benz Arena cause of the Stage setting etc. Festival would be only possible for Album Promo tour

Based on these cities I'm going to have a wild/educated guess at some of the exact locations.

Lisbon and Madrid will serve as NOS Alive and Mad Cool, they tend to share headliners.

Nijmegen is most definitely Goffertpark, just like the 2009 show.

Riga I can see being Positivus Festival

Rome, a return to Stadio Olimpico (with San Siro in Milan)

UK dates: Olympic Stadium, Old Trafford Cricket Ground, Ashton Gate

Olympic Stadium in Moscow

Paris possibly a return to the Stade de France

As for the rest I'm not entirely sure. What do you guys think?

‘Headline show’ = the band’s own headline show, not a festival headline show. They’ll do festivals summer 2020.

But why not announcing all cities at the same time?

I can see them playing arena (USA) and stadium (EU) shows at the cities mentioned in the list (there you'll have a presale, if you buy the album).

But no show in Belgium? No show in Austria? No show in Denmark? Finland? Poland?

So I guess, they will add some festivals, but there will be no Presale opportunity.

- Belgium: Rock Werchter

- Austria: Novarock

- Denmark: Roskilde

- Germany: Hurricane/Southside

- Spain: Bilbao BBK / Bencassim

- Finland: Provinssirock

- Poland: Open'er

Hugely excited to see Bristol on the list. Not my hometown anymore but the closest ‘big’ stadium to their hometown of Teignmouth and only an hours drive for me. Pretty sure it,ll be Ashton Gate as that’s where Take That are due to play in May so it’s becoming a regular gig venue for the Southwest UK. I might try and do two venues this time as I do love a big stadium 🏟 :D

If they're not coming to Finland I'll fucking riot. The last time they were here was in 2016 and that was a Drones arena tour so you can probably already figure out it ranks on the last place in the 4 times I've seen them. Like, I don't get it. Matt and Dom especially have said in the past they love to do gigs in Finland so uuhh?

E: Might go to Riga tho, it's not too far and Latvia is much cheaper than Finland so I might be able to see Muse AND grab some cheap booze on the way back :p