Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

I was assuming that Europe is getting a different production with it being outdoor stadiums, thereby meaning we got all new kinks instead. :chuckle:

That is interesting, actually. Seems like this would have been the perfect time to do smaller gigs in the US, so they could do a bit more of an extensive tour, if the productions are going to be different.

Based on these cities I'm going to have a wild/educated guess at some of the exact locations.

Lisbon and Madrid will serve as NOS Alive and Mad Cool, they tend to share headliners.

Nijmegen is most definitely Goffertpark, just like the 2009 show.

Riga I can see being Positivus Festival

Rome, a return to Stadio Olimpico (with San Siro in Milan)

UK dates: Olympic Stadium, Old Trafford Cricket Ground, Ashton Gate

Olympic Stadium in Moscow

Paris possibly a return to the Stade de France

As for the rest I'm not entirely sure. What do you guys think?

Koln has to be the Rhein-Energie I’d imagine

Well it's going to be easy to buy tickets for that Germany show :LOL:

I'm surprised they picked Lisbon again after they just played RIR this year, i thought it was going to be Porto like in 2013. Anyway it's not going to be NOS Alive but Estadio da Luz instead (Ed Sheeran is playing there too). As for Madrid it's going to be Wanda Metropolitano and not Mad Cool simply because they can make a sold out there with their own stadium show.

Don't think they can sell out stadiums in Denmark,Sweden,Norway,Finland,Scotland or Ireland.

Edited by White Heat

But why not announcing all cities at the same time?

I can see them playing arena (USA) and stadium (EU) shows at the cities mentioned in the list (there you'll have a presale, if you buy the album).

But no show in Belgium? No show in Austria? No show in Denmark? Finland? Poland?

So I guess, they will add some festivals, but there will be no Presale opportunity.

- Belgium: Rock Werchter

- Austria: Novarock

- Denmark: Roskilde

- Germany: Hurricane/Southside

- Spain: Bilbao BBK / Bencassim

- Finland: Provinssirock

- Poland: Open'er

More locations to be added. This is just the first announcement. There will be more. When you announce a ‘headline’ tour, you don’t refer to fests. That’s a norm. ‘Headline’ shows = those with your own full production.

But why not announcing all cities at the same time?

I can see them playing arena (USA) and stadium (EU) shows at the cities mentioned in the list (there you'll have a presale, if you buy the album).

But no show in Belgium? No show in Austria? No show in Denmark? Finland? Poland?

So I guess, they will add some festivals, but there will be no Presale opportunity.

- Belgium: Rock Werchter

- Austria: Novarock

- Denmark: Roskilde

- Germany: Hurricane/Southside

- Spain: Bilbao BBK / Bencassim

- Finland: Provinssirock

- Poland: Open'er

Original Drones Tour announcement only had UK, Portugal, Spain, Italy, and Czech Republic and the same "stay tuned for more cities" statement.

The announcement was during the 2015 festival tour but IIRC at the time of the announcement, Germany was the only (European) country with a pending drones festival show - So there didn't seem to be an apparent pattern to which countries were included and which weren't.

I'll see! Maybe if other people are around I can get some further enjoyment. Otherwise though after the last tour I do think I'm done in general with US arena shows.

Me too. I was not all that impressed after the amphitheater tour. Just can't justify the expense and travel

I was ok with the amphitheatre show. Butterflies, Stockholm, and Take A Bow, and generally a pretty fun performance. But that was also local and cheap.

The arenas though were so dull. The crowds are so dull now no matter where I go. And then there's Matt's constant comments against the fans here. Like, if all you acknowledge are the ones that show up just for Madness then might as well let you have just that.

Well it's going to be easy to buy tickets for that Germany show :LOL:

I'm surprised they picked Lisbon again after they just played RIR this year, i thought it was going to be Porto like in 2013. Anyway it's not going to be NOS Alive but Estadio da Luz instead (Ed Sheeran is playing there too). As for Madrid it's going to be Wanda Metropolitano and not Mad Cool simply because they can make a sold out there with their own stadium show.

Don't think they can sell out stadiums in Denmark,Sweden,Norway,Finland,Scotland or Ireland.

Metallica are playing the Mad Cool Festival site in Valdebebas in May so could be there on a similar arrangement. Would Muse be the first band to play a gig at the Wanda Metroplitano if it is there?

Given they played stadiums in Norway and Finland on the last tour, I'm surprised there's nothing for those territories. I also thought there'd be enough Irish fans to justify an Aviva Stadium booking (maybe not Croke Park, although I assume that's more to it only having 3 gigs a year).

If they're not coming to Finland I'll fucking riot. The last time they were here was in 2016 and that was a Drones arena tour so you can probably already figure out it ranks on the last place in the 4 times I've seen them. Like, I don't get it. Matt and Dom especially have said in the past they love to do gigs in Finland so uuhh?

E: Might go to Riga tho, it's not too far and Latvia is much cheaper than Finland so I might be able to see Muse AND grab some cheap booze on the way back :p

What don’t you get? All the dates haven’t been added yet. 2016 wasn’t exactly long ago btw.

Metallica are playing the Mad Cool Festival site in Valdebebas in May so could be there on a similar arrangement. Would Muse be the first band to play a gig at the Wanda Metroplitano if it is there?

Given they played stadiums in Norway and Finland on the last tour, I'm surprised there's nothing for those territories. I also thought there'd be enough Irish fans to justify an Aviva Stadium booking (maybe not Croke Park, although I assume that's more to it only having 3 gigs a year).

Iron Maiden, GNR and Bruno Mars already played the Wanda Metropolitano while Ed Sheeran is booked for next year, it's more likely to be there than the Mad Cool site imo.

When they played Finland in 2013 it was half empty, and in Norway they had booked the Ullevaal Stadion but had to change it to Telenor Arena probably due to low sales.

I didn't say they aren't coming I said "if they don't". Also yes it is a long time considering they sell out every gig they've done here, they have a massive fan base in relation to the small population.
I know you didn't, but you also said "Like, I don't get it. Matt and Dom especially have said in the past they love to do gigs in Finland so uuhh?" This whole sentence is assuming that they won't come. Not all dates have been released. There is no reason to start talking about how much they like Finland etc.

And they sell out in a lot of places in the world that they visit a lot less than Finland.

I'm so happy that Muse is coming back to Nijmegen, I just ordered the cd even though I don't have a cd player(had already preordered it on iTunes, and the cd is going to a friend).

I'm just now hoping that they'll ask De Staat as a support act, since they are a previous support act AND from Nijmegen!

I didn't say they aren't coming I said "if they don't". Also yes it is a long time considering they sell out every gig they've done here, they have a massive fan base in relation to the small population.

Since when is 2 years a long time to have not played somewhere? That's the opposite of a long time, that's less than one whole album cycle.