Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

The fact Matt’s suggested they resort to a gofundme for a Drones DVD kinda smells like they’re done with that format to me.

Also if they play Blockades at even one of these last 5 gigs, I will literally take it as a personal slight and offer Matt out.

Re:showbiz in mexico -- There is no reason for them to not play that song regularly -- literally everyone begs them for it constantly.  Good for the Mexican fans, but it's a shitty thing for them to keep doing.

Edited by hyena17

2 hours ago, Claudia O said:

they wanna know how many would buy it? Maybe a record company decision? More money with cinema ticket-sales? 🤔

Honestly god knows, it’s bizarre imo. I think Live At Rome sold pretty poorly, wonder if that’s contributed to Matt thinking literally 11 people on planet earth buy DVDs.

41 minutes ago, hyena17 said:

Re:showbiz in mexico -- There is no reason for them to not play that song regularly -- literally everyone begs them for it constantly.  Good for the Mexican fans, but it's a shitty thing for them to keep doing.

Tbf they did say they were gonna do it a fair while ago, sometime around when the gigs were announced iirc. Most places also don’t really give it a good enough reaction to warrant doing it regularly.

On 10/4/2019 at 9:40 PM, Claudia O said:

I think it is straining for Matt to sing it, and they think the casuals won‘t know the songs? 

Shitty for whom? 

He looked like he was struggling in Mexico. The final falsetto was good but he sounded pretty gassed on the chest notes. 

So, as you've probably read, Showbiz was a crowd request in Mexico. Fans were shouting "Showbiz! Showbiz!" between songs until Matt said "ok ok, we'll give it, we'll give it, but we haven't played it for eight months so we'll give it a go".

Bliss was supposed to be played instead.

Lovely send off from Matt:

”Performing on stage isn’t just being in the now, it’s also my childhood dream visualised into reality and my life flashing before my eyes in old age, all transcending time and converging into the present moment, to the most important thing, to connect with you, you wonderful people. I’m so lucky to have shared so much with so many.”

❤️

So that’s it I guess...into the lonely void of silence while we wait for the next LP build up. Aside from that Global Citizen gig (which I’ll try and get to), wonder if they’ll maybe do stuff like Fuji Rock and Grass Is Greener to catch up with Japan and Australia as well.

2 hours ago, That Little Animal said:

Oh shit, the tour is over?

Now what?

My thoughts since Knights finished on the 15th of September 😂

Feel sadder about leaving this era than the others I’ve been around for, ludicrously strict sets aside. I like that we’ve not had any real hints for their next direction yet though, would love it to stay that way right up until the first single.

Edited by Jobby