Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

Last tour was ok, but I don't know how excited I'd have been if it wasn't for BH and it wasn't at Red Rocks.

Drones arena tour was absolutely terrible.

I simply can't justify the expense and hassle when I know I'm going to be bored at least half the gig.

Really? I was amazed by the 2 shows of the Drones Tour I went to (Paris and London). How is it possible to be bored at a Muse show, even if there are slow songs? I was in the seating area both times, (the row just above the VIP area, opposite Dom, in London! The ideal place, with nobody who bothered me!!) I stood and sang all the concert long.

Really? I was amazed by the 2 shows of the Drones Tour I went to (Paris and London). How is it possible to be bored at a Muse show, even if there are slow songs? I was in the seating area both times, (the row just above the VIP area, opposite Dom, in London! The ideal place, with nobody who bothered me!!) I stood and sang all the concert long.

O2 Arena 2009 night 1 was absolutely dire. The band weren't into it and neither were the crowd

I'm sure there are people with less-than-great experiences from those two cities but we were speaking more in an American context. The crowds are always dead and the 360 stage dispersed the biggest fans that usually at least clumped together at the front, and the band felt really static. Shows lacked some energy too (that's my setlist complaint) but it was amplified by the audience and mood.

You can look up some videos from the Philadelphia gig in particular, if you're so inclined, but the band was so painfully un-into the gig that Matt in particular almost seemed half asleep, or pissed off to be there.

Between that, and the 360 stage meaning I was staring across the band into the also bored expressions of the fans on the other side, it was one of the worst concert vibes I've experienced in my entire life, even during the songs they played that I really, really liked.

Setlist, stage, vibe and overall energy were an improvement at Red Rocks... but it still often felt like the band just didn't want to be there. Matt came out for Uprising on the encore, and proceeded to stare at his feet at the edge of the stage the entire time, for instance.

That's kind of how I felt about the amphitheater show I saw. I mean the crowd was ok but most of them were there for 30stm. But the band, all of them not just Matt, were pretty bored. It was nice to see Take a Bow for the first time but it didn't make up for the lackluster performance. I promised myself I wouldn't get sucked into spending $ and traveling and taking time off work for another American Muse gig again.

Did 30stm even play because I only ever saw Jared Leto alone.

I did expect the crowd to be dead at the amphitheater but for the cost it was nice to just see some Muse. There was one person in front of me who was really getting into it, the only person around me to do so. I thanked him personally after the show. It made things just a little better.

You can look up some videos from the Philadelphia gig in particular, if you're so inclined, but the band was so painfully un-into the gig that Matt in particular almost seemed half asleep, or pissed off to be there.

Between that, and the 360 stage meaning I was staring across the band into the also bored expressions of the fans on the other side, it was one of the worst concert vibes I've experienced in my entire life, even during the songs they played that I really, really liked.

Setlist, stage, vibe and overall energy were an improvement at Red Rocks... but it still often felt like the band just didn't want to be there. Matt came out for Uprising on the encore, and proceeded to stare at his feet at the edge of the stage the entire time, for instance.

matt always stares at his feet in uprising now and red rocks was great energy from the band.

When I saw them during the amphitheater tour it was by far the worst Muse show I'd seen. Partially the horrible setlist, partially being way too quiet where I was. But went to Bonnaroo and got a great spot, and that may have been my favorite time seeing them. The sound was ridiculous for being outdoors. The sound and visuals were on another level from everything that came before it. What stood out was how into it Dom was the whole show. I've noticed he usually doesn't look near as into it as he did during T2L and prior, so that was cool to see.

I thought about this because I've said I'm interested in the idea of seeing a Muse show outside the UK, or maybe outside London at least, and as one has never been to the United States, the idea of going for the NYC show did momentarily appeal as a trigger to go to a city I've always wanted to go have a poke around. Plus a friend who has family in America saw the second Drones tour show in Los Angeles and said it was still great.

But the certain reputation their American shows enjoy means if I'm going to try something else, maybe not there.

I thought about this because I've said I'm interested in the idea of seeing a Muse show outside the UK, or maybe outside London at least, and as one has never been to the United States, the idea of going for the NYC show did momentarily appeal as a trigger to go to a city I've always wanted to go have a poke around. Plus a friend who has family in America saw the second Drones tour show in Los Angeles and said it was still great.

But the certain reputation their American shows enjoy means if I'm going to try something else, maybe not there.

you’re better off in LA than NYC. new york crowds are very disengaged and rude.

After they played "Hungry Like the Wolf" at Taratata, I'm assuming this is just a reference to all the werewolf imagery and/or the 80s aesthetic of Simulation Theory. Still, I'm curious (read: hopeful) if 80s covers are going to be a regular thing in the coming tour. Because if there's even the slightest chance of hearing Muse do their darnedest at "Power of Love", "Take On Me" or, lest my imagination get the best of me, Queen or Rush, I'm here for it.

you’re better off in LA than NYC. new york crowds are very disengaged and rude.

It's wild how people come away with different experiences. I've seen shows in NYC and LA both on the last 2 tours and I always felt like the NYC crowds were better. LA seemed a lot more laid back but you had the advantage of not having to queue as early.

I really think it's just luck of the draw. One of my favorite gigs here was in Orlando on the T2L tour. The crowd, although not sold out, was super into it and the band put on a great performance and seemed to be having a great time.

But I do agree that the setup for Drones just sucked the life out of the crowd. And that's not just a US-thing. I really hope that the production for the arena part of this next tour has a setup similar to T2L -- just a normal straight stage with a catwalk.

After they played "Hungry Like the Wolf" at Taratata, I'm assuming this is just a reference to all the werewolf imagery and/or the 80s aesthetic of Simulation Theory. Still, I'm curious (read: hopeful) if 80s covers are going to be a regular thing in the coming tour. Because if there's even the slightest chance of hearing Muse do their darnedest at "Power of Love", "Take On Me" or, lest my imagination get the best of me, Queen or Rush, I'm here for it.

Nah it’s just something they do on Taratata (not sure if other artists do as well). Popcorn back in ‘09, SOTT in ‘12 and Hungry Like The Wolf this time. There’s a chance they might play it one or two more times but I doubt any more than that.

Nah it’s just something they do on Taratata (not sure if other artists do as well). Popcorn back in ‘09, SOTT in ‘12 and Hungry Like The Wolf this time. There’s a chance they might play it one or two more times but I doubt any more than that.

Well ain't that just the way. Shame on me for thinking Muse was on to something, am I right Muse message boards! ;)

i must be getting very lazy...or simply too crunched for time...to read through the bulk of the two main threads on tour discussion.

will someone please briefly describe (as in...a few phrases; sentences; bullet points -- brevity is key) what sort of specific production info (i.e. beyond the 'never been done before...' rambling) that has been discussed/leaked/whatever by reputable sources regarding either the arena and/or euro stadium tour?

i have a source who usually discloses that sort of info to me ahead of time, but that source is currently in a far away land...and, apparently, is refusing to check whatsapp on a consistent basis.

gracias in advance.