Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

If you signed up with the no purchase thing, you should have got an email confirming you’re included. I got one the day it was announced saying I’ll be getting my code on Tuesday.

Edit: I also got a confirmation email for registering back when I first signed up for it back in August

Sorry, what do you mean by "the no purchase thing"? Are you saying you don't need to preorder anything from the store to get early access?

Really liked these performances, even if Pressure needs a bit more polishing. TDS sounded quite powerful and SH more direct and natural than the studio version; the chest-voiced pre-chorus was suprising but not bad at all, this might be a good way to bring some variety in the song itself by alternating between head voice and chest voice

Edit: Matt playing the Stockholm-ish post-chorus guitar part was amazing and so powerful but the transition into the second verse could be smoother

Edited by Zepp

Yeah I found those links through Reddit shortly after posting. They're both not their finest performances but I'd like to see a better mix for Something Human also.

The part Matt sings in the pre-chorus is the main harmony in the studio track btw. It was in the acoustic version he chose to sing the backup instead. But I still prefer it.

I honestly didn't think he would do it at all. imo it really doesn't add anything to it as a live song, in fact it just starts the whole song off on a sour note, literally!

I hope he stops doing it completely before he starts doing it in falsetto.

Confirmed on Jools Holland the 2019 tour’ll be less focused on technology so less can go wrong but will have a “large cast” for dance routines and “theatrical stuff”.

"Less can go wrong" and "large cast for dance routines"... although tbf I swear this idea has been considered for a while. Seem to recall something like it being suggested for the Resistance arena tour among the many other ideas that were binned.

Still, sounds like Muse: The Touring Musical... could be interesting. And fascinating to see if they try to bring it with them to any festivals.

You reckon he'll eventually stop attempting it and just go for the falsetto?

Probably.

Edited by forevermusic

I thought the TDS belts sounded alright at Reeperbahn fest, on Jools Holland it was almost as if he forgot about them until the last second and rushed into it. I’d be up for him keeping them around until he starts to struggle with them consistently.

As for the dancers, I’m open to it. Just depends how it’s handled. If it’s organised right on the stage, it could be a cool supplement to some of the poppier stuff imo. Obvs if they’re all over the shop and blocking the view of the band that’s not so great. Prefer it to technology going wrong all over the shop, that’s miles more distracting imo.