Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

Dude, you’ve gotta start explaining sources when you post this stuff :chuckle: checked ticket sites, reddit, google, twitter and can’t find anything?

Edit: nvm we got ‘em

exactly. i think there would be less complaints if the end-of-set hit parade was disrupted a bit

I think there’s defo potential for that. We’ve seen them switch orders round for staples before. Knights moving mid set in 2013, Starlight and Stockholm doing the same for the Drones tour, Uprising moving towards the end for T2L, Hysteria and PIB flitting between being in the first and second half of the set, Supermassive’s always moved about a bit. Even TIRO was slightly more mid set in 2012.

Edited by Jobby

Dude, you’ve gotta start explaining sources when you post this stuff :chuckle: checked ticket sites, reddit, google, twitter and can’t find anything?

I think there’s defo potential for that. We’ve seen them switch orders round for staples before. Knights moving mid set in 2013, Starlight and Stockholm doing the same for the Drones tour, Uprising moving towards the end for T2L, Hysteria and PIB flitting between being in the first and second half of the set, Supermassive’s always moved about a bit. Even TIRO was slightly more mid set in 2012.

I still think SMBH should always be either around the 2-5 slot or at the very end, maybe if they're actually gonna do stadiums, it could be in the first encore, assuming they're doing double encores again.

E: Yeah, moving Knights to the middle was really nice... but let's not even talk about how they handled closing the gigs with Knights in the middle.

Couldnt care less about what old stuff they play, it's always going to be the usual suspects but they should absolutely play all their new stuff at every show.

It's the only tour it's going to get played, if they don't want to give it an airing then why even bother touring or recording it in the first place?

I still think SMBH should always be either around the 2-5 slot or at the very end, maybe if they're actually gonna do stadiums, it could be in the first encore, assuming they're doing double encores again.

E: Yeah, moving Knights to the middle was really nice... but let's not even talk about how they handled closing the gigs with Knights in the middle.

Didn't the first lot still have Survival closing? That structure seemed to work better.

They did experiment with Map in the second half of the set, not sure how I felt about it though

Good to see stadiums back. They're exciting to follow.

Same, missed the stadiums big time. 6 years next year, way too long. You’d think every hardcore only wants the tiny gigs but they tend to hit a really good balance with the stadium sets imo. Nice and stress-free with the tickets as well :chuckle:

Yes... but the latter had Starlight closing. I'm not gonna complain since we got Agitated and Yes Please though but fuck me, if Starlight ever closes gigs again I might just throw up.

Shoot me but Starlight would work as a closer if was either a) the punchy ‘06 version or b) a slower, spaced out dreamy version.

But yeah, modern Starlight wasn’t the best. Shook up Knights at least though, credit to them for trying something new.

Shoot me but Starlight would work as a closer if was either a) the punchy ‘06 version or b) a slower, spaced out dreamy version.

But yeah, modern Starlight wasn’t the best. Shook up Knights at least though, credit to them for trying something new.

'06 Starlight would be fine, but the current one is fucking awful. Just close with Pressure. I think it would work as a closer and I'm willing to be you would cream your pants if they did that.

Same, missed the stadiums big time. 6 years next year, way too long. You’d think every hardcore only wants the tiny gigs but they tend to hit a really good balance with the stadium sets imo. Nice and stress-free with the tickets as well :chuckle:

Well I just meant seeing what they pull off in the threads since I don't get the luxury of attending those either.

Although gig following has died here too.

Ah I'm glad they're hoping to hit the stadiums again. As Jobby mentioned, the lack of ticket stress is a big win.

Fantastic memories from the UK gigs. It was great knowing you would get one of Bliss/Map, B+H/Dead Star at each gig. Knights in the first third was really refreshing too. Hoping they bring back Invincible this time...not Guiding Light haha.

'06 Starlight would be fine, but the current one is fucking awful. Just close with Pressure. I think it would work as a closer and I'm willing to be you would cream your pants if they did that.

Nah, I loooove Pressure but it’s not a closer :chuckle: if I was to suggest a different closer, I think I’ve said a few times before I’d be up for PIB getting a chance

Ah I'm glad they're hoping to hit the stadiums again. As Jobby mentioned, the lack of ticket stress is a big win.

Fantastic memories from the UK gigs. It was great knowing you would get one of Bliss/Map, B+H/Dead Star at each gig. Knights in the first third was really refreshing too. Hoping they bring back Invincible this time...not Guiding Light haha.

Invincible’s a big one I’m hoping for as well! We do tend to see some returns for the stadiums - Unintended, Blackout, Soldier’s Poem, Dead Star, RBS, TAB etc. - and Invin would fit perfectly with the new stuff (so far) imo. Keeping it relatively sensible, Soldier’s Poem again would be nice as well, maybe S4A or at a streeetch Hoodoo. I’ve kinda got a weird vibe about Exo-Politics as well but that’d be a shock obvs.

If any OoS song is a good closer, it's Bliss. Or well, if the guys want to go wild, Space Dementia could work.

i was thinking space dementia too

i would like city of delusion and hoodoo to come back, but there’s still all of my

favorite songs i haven’t heard live yet after 10+ gigs. i am grateful for the livestreamed by request shows because it is probably the only chance i will get to hear those songs

Nice to see we’re all agreed BH&R is loooooong overdue some comebacks :yesey:

If any OoS song is a good closer, it's Bliss. Or well, if the guys want to go wild, Space Dementia could work.

Oh yeah, Bliss is their best ever closer imo but I just meant something that hasn’t been tried (well, much) before. Sweet christ, if I saw Bliss close I’d die happy.

This has been common opinion basically since The Resistance tour.

The only one that’s ever really been up there with Showbiz/MM/Dead Star/S4A etc. was Assassin though. Hopefully now they’ve all seen some attention, my main men COD/Hoodoo/Invincible and even something a bit left-field like Exo-P can RISE

The only one that’s ever really been up there with Showbiz/MM/Dead Star/S4A etc. was Assassin though. Hopefully now they’ve all seen some attention, my main men COD/Hoodoo/Invincible and even something a bit left-field like Exo-P can RISE

Individual songs sure weren't really up there but if you looked at everyone's "Songs I've seen live" list throughout the Resistance and 2nd Law tours Black Holes was always just the basic Starlight, SMBH, and Knights. Map more common in The Resistance Tour and Take A Bow if you went to the stadiums, but otherwise you were mostly locked in. That was very apparent.

Invincible’s a big one I’m hoping for as well! We do tend to see some returns for the stadiums - Unintended, Blackout, Soldier’s Poem, Dead Star, RBS, TAB etc. - and Invin would fit perfectly with the new stuff (so far) imo. Keeping it relatively sensible, Soldier’s Poem again would be nice as well, maybe S4A or at a streeetch Hoodoo. I’ve kinda got a weird vibe about Exo-Politics as well but that’d be a shock obvs.

I always thought Invincible and S4A would have been perfect for the B-stage in 2013, at least Shepherd's Bush showed the latter isn't completely forgotten. I'd be well up for Exo-Politics and MK Ultra, think they'd fit the Simulation Theiry theme nicely. I'd happily have Follow Me back as well but understand that's a challenging one for Matt.

Edit: we definitely need a BHaR 'not a single' resurgence.

Listen to this interview until the end, tour starts in US in March or April, around summer i. Europe, then South America, maybe Asia!!!!!

https://rockantenne.hamburg/programm/podcasts/whole-lotta-talk/episode-10-muse

the interview is very good me thinks!

Very interesting that Matt wants performers to be a big part of their shows.

Apart from Animals dude and a few acrobats, they've never really gone down that route. No idea how they could achieve that though unless they blended in with the visuals behind the band.