I like the Knights of Cydonia video. It seems to play as both parody and homage of sci-fi and western movies, and seems to be knowingly daft along the way, which works for me. Though my favourite vid is probably Time is Running Out or maybe even Sing for Absolution.

For the Drones stuff, it was hit and miss. For instance, I liked the now de-listed Mercy lyrics video more than the actual one. Reapers and Handler had good ones. Revolt's was just a bit much.

This week for a announcement! I can feel it in my bones :D

First post since the Drones album speculation. Lots of familiar names still here!

I want to believe you, but pretty much every other time I've thought to myself, "they just HAVE to say something about new music soon," it's been another month at least before anything of the sort. Why should now be any different?

I gotta say though, I'll be disappointed in them if they don't put out LP8 this year. I really don't want to see their normal 3-year gap expand to a 4-year one...not unless they start making as consistently great albums as Tool.

I want to believe you, but pretty much every other time I've thought to myself, "they just HAVE to say something about new music soon," it's been another month at least before anything of the sort. Why should now be any different?

I gotta say though, I'll be disappointed in them if they don't put out LP8 this year. I really don't want to see their normal 3-year gap expand to a 4-year one...not unless they start making as consistently great albums as Tool.

Really? How many times has that happened in regards to Muse? They talk about new music constantly.

Not to mention that they recorded a music video just yesterday. It's not like they're hiding out somewhere without means of communication.

Consistently great albums died when we got Resistance and 2nd Law. Drones was a bit of a mess but an improvement on the previous two.

They are too old and mellow and fruit salad nowadays to write that weird, dark and glorious music that came out of the OOS or Absolution eras.

Matt seems more concerned with dress ups and parties. New album will probably have auto tune and Matt will probably rap 😂

Resistance 7/10

Eh? Each to their own, I suppose. I actually don't mind T2L to be honest. I might go:

The Resistance: 5/10

The 2nd Law: 6.5/10

Drones: 6/10

Dig Down might get 2/10 if I'm feeling generous. :chuckle:

If they're only just doing a video then I don't think we'll have anything for a few weeks yet.

Although that's assuming the video and the song get a simultaneous release... did that happen with Dig Down?

Yes. They hyped the video roughly a week (or even more) before its release with the teasers, revealing the title just a few days in advance.

Besides, it has been reported that between the shooting of DD video and its release only twenty days had passed. So we might get Thought Contagion within the second week of February as well.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

Anything above a 5 for T2L is extreeemely generous

I enjoyed some of the lyric videos for Drones. Reapers, Defector and Dead Inside were all pretty good.

Don’t even remember any apart from Mercy tbh

If they're only just doing a video then I don't think we'll have anything for a few weeks yet.

Although that's assuming the video and the song get a simultaneous release... did that happen with Dig Down?

Yeah, imagine it’ll be the same with this. Muse vids tend to have a pretty quick turnaround though tmk so I’d expect some teases either next week or the week after.

Here’s to another window of bombarding Matt with request tweets while he’s active

Lets see...

Apocalypse Please was going to have strings

Blackout has strings

Butterflies & Hurricanes have strings

Although most of the songs in BH&R would sound good with strings, I don't think any of them have strings

I Belong To You has strings

Exogenesis Symphony has strings (because it's a symphony of course)

Supremacy has strings

Liquid State has strings

I'm too lazy to got through every song to find strings in them because most of them have very faint strings, I didn't know I Belong To You had strings

so...lot's of strings

strings are good

don't hate on strings

Lets see...

Apocalypse Please was going to have strings

Blackout has strings

Butterflies & Hurricanes have strings

Although most of the songs in BH&R would sound good with strings, I don't think any of them have strings

I Belong To You has strings

Exogenesis Symphony has strings (because it's a symphony of course)

Supremacy has strings

Liquid State has strings

I'm too lazy to got through every song to find strings in them because most of them have very faint strings, I didn't know I Belong To You had strings

so...lot's of strings

strings are good

don't hate on strings

Citizen Erased was also intended to have strings in it.

Megalomania, Take A Bow, City Of Delusion, Hoodoo, United States Of Eurasia, MK Ultra, Prelude, Follow Me, Explorer, Unsustainable, Isolated System, Psycho, Defector, Aftermath and The Globalist all have real strings.

Liquid State doesn't, and IBTY has strings taken from Vienna Symphony Audio Library.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider