I hope the mixing is better this time around with Rich, BHaR and Absolution are just too muddy sounding to me. But as the band’s music started to sound better, the creative control got more and more questionable...

I think the band still definitely has the capacity to produce good music, even pop. Nothing wrong with a good pop song. I’d rather have them make something they enjoy than recreate an older sound, as long as it’s actually a successful experiment

I hope the mixing is better this time around with Rich, BHaR and Absolution are just too muddy sounding to me. But as the band’s music started to sound better, the creative control got more and more questionable...

I think the band still definitely has the capacity to produce good music, even pop. Nothing wrong with a good pop song. I’d rather have them make something they enjoy than recreate an older sound, as long as it’s actually a successful experiment

Rich Costey also mixed Panic Station on T2L, which he did in accord with the brightier, crispier production they aimed to for the album. I also don't think BH&R is so muddy, especially when compared with Absolution, which it is indeed.

We also shouldn't forget the creative process was all of their doing in TR and T2L.

Rich Costey also mixed Panic Station on T2L, which he did in accord with the brightier, crispier production they aimed to for the album. I also don't think BH&R is so muddy, especially when compared with Absolution, which it is indeed.

We also shouldn't forget the creative process was all of their doing in TR and T2L.

Oh I wasn’t aware he worked that much on Panic Station, that gives me hope. I know he’s been involved in the past few albums but I didn’t know to what extent. I think BHaR was definitely a step up, I’ll agree with that.

And for the creative stuff, yeah the wide range of styles on TR and T2L might be owed to lack of third party input, but then again it seems like Drones had too much of that input.

Like you just said I was wondering if we’d hear a snippet. I remember getting that snippet for DD at some point

Aside from an improvement in lyrics, which is almost certainly never going to happen, I hope any backing instrumentation on TC doesn't sound like it was done on fucking GarageBand. Those 3rd verse strings and extra drums on DD really are atrocious.

So much of this. That puzzles me, to this day. Also less than a year later, that bass sounds is so...blergh. I guess it was already very 2012 when it came out.

Edited by s3ker

Well they just posted a video on twitter but with no audio so no snippet yet...

Wow... Still something, though.

I'm starting to get slightly more hyped after this. What if the video is centered around the figure emitting bolts as they disrupt a techno rave party, or something like that?

(It gives me some Highlander vibes, too).

EDIT: Besides, just to speculate a little, this may really be a sort of Fury II in terms of heaviness (and not style). I envision it to feature a big, groundshaking RATM-like riff. Or it could be à la Panic Station...

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

Every new piece of promo just makes me sigh tbh.

Prepped for another ‘models do a thing, occasionally cut back to Muse who may or may not be playing dress-up’ shtick. Just hope the song surprises me, never felt this pessimistic about a release though ngl.

Just hope the song surprises me, never felt this pessimistic about a release though

Feel the same here, it's like the opposite of my excitement before The Resistance came out. You're only as good as your last release, I guess? I won't judge it until the end of the week anyway, but my hopes aren't high and it's quite sad to genuinely not be excited.

Wow... Still something, though.

I'm starting to get slightly more hyped after this. What if the video is centered around the figure emitting bolts as they disrupt a techno rave party, or something like that?

(It gives me some Highlander vibes, too).

EDIT: Besides, just to speculate a little, this may really be a sort of Fury II in terms of heaviness (and not style). I envision it to feature a big, groundshaking RATM-like riff. Or it could be à la Panic Station...

RATM meets Panic Station, now we're talking, lol.