If it results in City Of Delusion coming back, I'm all for it.

I'd take an album of Aftermaths if it resulted in COD coming back, but we all know it ain't happening :chuckle: Well, the latter at least...

I'm honestly surprised some people have actually ended up lending credence to this acoustic talk. We all know it's smoke with absolutely no fire. It's either Matt just chatting shit or he's going through a phase that'll be over well before the next album comes out. Even ignoring the band's ridiculous history of not following through with pre-album talk, there's 0% chance a band that pretty much bases their entire act on bombastic stage productions is putting out even half an album of acoustic stuff :chuckle: Not to mention how self-conscious they are about crowd reactions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey-hey, I'm back in this forum to find that it's just as optimistic as ever!

Honestly, I wouldn't mind more acoustic guitars being used in a new album. When Matt or Chris have pulled out the acoustic in the past, it has resulted in some pretty good tracks. Remember Soldier's Poem? Or City of Delusion? Or Hoodoo? Or, oh, here's a good one, Unintended? Yeah, those are all pretty beloved songs from what I understand, so I see no reason why the new album would suck apart from a bunch of pessimists hating on something just because it isn't Origin of Symmetry.

Give it a chance, guys. You may wind up liking it. :)

Honestly, I wouldn't mind more acoustic guitars being used in a new album. When Matt or Chris have pulled out the acoustic in the past, it has resulted in some pretty good tracks. Remember Soldier's Poem? Or City of Delusion? Or Hoodoo? Or, oh, here's a good one, Unintended? Yeah, those are all pretty beloved songs from what I understand, so I see no reason why the new album would suck apart from a bunch of pessimists hating on something just because it isn't Origin of Symmetry.

Out of the nine posters so far in this thread, four were positive and like...one and a half were negative. Then we had Jobby who was simply saying there's no reason to take this stuff seriously, and the rest of the posts were just random talk.

Maybe, if you do some reflecting you might find that it's you who perceive everything as pessimistic. Maybe you're not such a happy spaceman after all.

And didn't you whine about how people weren't accepting of others opinions (before fleeing the scene when you realised you fucked up) just a little while ago? Did you just mean opinions that you agree with? (Well, we all already know you did)

I wouldn't call City of Delusion or Hoodoo acoustic songs. Using an acoustic guitar as one of

many insturement doesn't make heavily produced tracks acoustic.

I think Muse's only songs that can currently qualify as acoustic are Soldiers Poem, Unintended and Map of your head. If more of that excites you then fair enough, but personally I don't think Matt has a strong enough lyrical ability or is able to resist his tendency to write cheesy melodies, which is why this rumour doesn't sound amazing.

I dunno, automatically hating on something before it's even released, had any previews, or is entirely confirmed? Don't you think that may be going a bit too far? Or maybe I'm the one who is just too optimistic for this board--I am TheHappySpaceman, after all.

Welcome to the board.

I wouldn't call City of Delusion or Hoodoo acoustic songs. Using an acoustic guitar as one of

many insturement doesn't make heavily produced tracks acoustic.

Does Hoodoo even have acoustic guitar? Only prominent one I can think of is a clean/slightly overdriven electric.

iirc the studio version has acoustic arpeggios during the verse (when the drums come in)

Listening to the instrumental version and I can still only hear the clean electric.

There might be an acoustic accompanying it but if there is it's pretty buried.

when has this ever made sense ever

like, ever

I think I missed the part where Soldier's Poem was a beloved song, too.

I'm not riled up about an acoustic album. Pretty neutral on that account. (Probably because it's at least the third contradictory thing Matt said the album would be like already.)

But, I think it's more than fair to be pessimistic about something if it's firmly in a genre that you usually find intolerable, no? Otherwise you're getting too close to that "I'll love it because it's Muse" mindset.

If Matt raps, for instance... well, I don't even like listening to GOOD rappers.