average at best, supermassive's ok I guess? Panic Station tries a little too hard and ends up kinda cringey imo

I forgot KOC, too. And Mercy, to an extent.

Oh, whatever... For TC I'll just wait for the audio only release on Spotify or Deezer.

The idea of cyberpunks fighting with an elder lady and a man in a hazmat suit is quite ridicolous on its own.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

KoC is awful :vomit:.

Bliss is the only truly good Muse video. Gave me the feels.

Oh, yeah, that too. :)

I always thought KOC is meant to be over-the-top and ridiculous, though.

:LOL:

Imagine if you tune out the song and cut all the parts featuring the band playing, and then tell me if it isn't a well put together video.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

Imagine if you tune out the song and cut all the parts featuring the band playing, and then tell me if it isn't a well put together video.

Oh man I gotta rethink my opinions on so many Hollywood movies now. I mean, at least they're well put together.

tbh Muse have never really made good videos anyway so is anyone even bothered

They made good videos when they worked with good directors. They haven't done that in a long time.

KoC is awful :vomit:.

Bliss is the only truly good Muse video. Gave me the feels.

Bliss is a good example of them working with a good director. And honestly, so is KoC. It's fucking terrible, but that's also intentional, and as spoof's go I think it's well done.

Is Bliss really a good video? Matt flailing about on an iffy green screen while Dom and Chris pose dramatically in too much makeup? :chuckle:

Knights is pretty great and memorable, one of the more iconic alt rock videos of that decade imo. Invincible has some nice aesthetics. PIB’s okay, dodgy CGI but memorable and captures the song’s energy and weirdness of the lyrics. Supermassive has some pretty memorable visuals w/ the owl people and band masks (+ Matt looks admittedly amazing). T.I.R.O.’s well-shot I guess, and Mercy’s lyric video had a cool style. That’s about as far as it stretches for me.

Edited by Jobby

Is Bliss really a good video? Matt flailing about on an iffy green screen while Dom and Chris pose dramatically in too much makeup? :chuckle:

Yeah. Interesting visuals, good cinematography and pacing. It's not like music videos need a narrative to be good. (As an aside, it's really not an iffy green screen. Looks pretty great for the early 2000's).

Edited by bumpypotato

Yeah for being a music video made in 2001 it looks very realistic. I mean sure you can obviously tell that the surroundings are cgi, but Matt falling is more realistic than I've seen in a lot of big hollywood productions (seriously, why is falling such a hard thing in general to portray?).

But yeah Bliss is probably my favourite Muse video.

Hysterias video is easily my favourite and trumps all the others imo. I think Drones's videos and lyric videos have all been except bar Revolt. Dead Inside is gorgeous and compelling.

But hysteria, with its Memento call backs and that is just excellent.