Seems to be a general aesthetic for this album, given its similarity to the Dig Down art from last year.

Least that's the theory. Bit hard to reconcile with a heavier track if this is what Thought Contagion turns out to be.

Yeah, that graphic style makes me think of a SMBH 2 (which wouldn't be bad at all, though) rather than a Fury 2.

my birthday is feb 9th so I hope they will release the new song by that time

yes, my wish came true, although it's only the artwork

Feb 15th is like New year eve in lunar calendar, the day after valentine day, I'm so excited :LOL: will Chris sing, or the song about Chris?

will Chris sing, or the song about Chris?

Massively doubt it, since he’s seemed totally turned off by that since his contributions on T2L. I’d imagine it’s just that he’s either the main focus of the video, or that each band member will get their own ‘poster’ art.

I like the artwork but I feel like it doesn't go with the name "Thought Contagion". Seems like too heavy of a name for artwork like that. On the bottom left of the poster, it says Drake Corp. I googled that name and nothing came up but someone told me the Dig Down video was directed by a Lance Drake so maybe we'll get a music video with the same director?

I’ve got a really bad feeling about this song after seeing that very Dig Down/Madness feeling artwork.

I’m imagining a song that sounds like a cross between Madness/Dig Down/Panic Station.

I feel like the band is way too fruit salad nowadays and all their idiotic costume wearing and too much time around Jarrad Leto on that woeful summer amphitheater American tour they did has made them want to make bouncy in your face positive pop music with electronic influences.

Perhaps Drones was a bit like what Linkin Park did with Hunting Party; a heavier album to make the “Do Origin Part Two” crowd happy and now it’s back to the pop crap e.g One More Light.

I’ve got a really bad feeling about this song after seeing that very Dig Down/Madness feeling artwork.

I’m imagining a song that sounds like a cross between Madness/Dig Down/Panic Station.

I feel like the band is way too fruit salad nowadays and all their idiotic costume wearing and too much time around Jarrad Leto on that woeful summer amphitheater American tour they did has made them want to make bouncy in your face positive pop music with electronic influences.

Perhaps Drones was a bit like what Linkin Park did with Hunting Party; a heavier album to make the “Do Origin Part Two” crowd happy and now it’s back to the pop crap e.g One More Light.

To be honest, I think you're taking things a little too much out of proportion. I get that DD might have upset you, but objectively speaking their "bouncy pop songs" can still be counted on the fingers of one lone hand (not that DD itself is exaxtly a "bouncy pop song", either).

Also, honestly, if they were to go more poppish across a whole album, who really cares as long as it's going to be good and not meek like DD? Do you want them to churn out heavy styled songs and therefore paradoxically play it safier, even if they don't feel like it, perhaps obtaining "just" an accaptable (like many old fans seem to consider) album like Drones?

I don't care if Matt wears kitschy Gucci bombers (although I have to confess some of his nowaday attitude annoys me a little at times), as long as he makes serious attempts to write quality music, it doesn't matter which genre or style.

EDIT: Oh, and also: that "pop crap" on OML at least came from the band's very heart, and unfortunately it showed for poor Chester Bennington's fate, among other factors.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider