I'm hot and cold on it, I guess. It's absolutely not a bad song, but I have a hard time knowing if I'd like it as much as I did if it wasn't for the nostalgia at the end. Otherwise, it's a pretty long build up, especially with how repetitious that solo is.

Nostalgia at the end?

Ah. Some actual news.

Still not clear on if these pre-album releases will be on the album or not, but I'm guessing whatever Matt had to say about that will be the opposite of what ends up happening anyway.

As for Thought Contagion... well... good to hear Muse are finally taking on the topic of mind-control and government propaganda... :rolleyes:

Now that I think about it, we shouldn't rule out the possibility that the new single being called Thought Contagion may turn out to be a mere coincidence. You never know. For example, when I first read of Big Freeze following the reveal of T2L tracklist, I imagined somewhat of a heavy song talking about the heat death of universe in the most litteral fashion conceivable; instead it was a poppish song using only few cosmological metaphors to describe a rocky relationship with a hint of hope and future brightness.

Now that I think about it, we shouldn't rule out the possibility that the new single being called Thought Contagion may turn out to be a mere coincidence. You never know.

A coincidence, as opposed to...? What’s there to read into the title? :chuckle:

A coincidence, as opposed to...? What’s there to read into the title? :chuckle:

There's a book with the same title which talks about dank memes and such, and how they spread out in society by media.

Sounds like something Matt could read in his free time and conceive hamfisted lyrics about. That's why I'm trying to persuade myself that it might be a coincidence now.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

I suppose I should clarify that, despite all the evidence provided by Dig Down, I don't exactly think they've "run out of ideas" and I think it's ludicrous to assume that all artists eventually do, and spend the remainder of the careers churning out repetitious garbage.

I'm just super irked by this "pull out a "hardcore" favorite song, and say we wrote a sequel to it" thing by now.

It's dangling a carrot to fans that they then don't give two shits about when they go on tour. It's frankly a bit confusing. And the song in question is likely to cause as much disappointment as The Globalist, simply because of the comparison.

I'm just super irked by this "pull out a "hardcore" favorite song, and say we wrote a sequel to it" thing by now.

It's dangling a carrot to fans that they then don't give two shits about when they go on tour. It's frankly a bit confusing. And the song in question is likely to cause as much disappointment as The Globalist, simply because of the comparison.

This. But I'm sure that when he twitted it's going to be Fury 2 he was just jokingly referring to the heaviness of the track, and perhaps not to its style.