Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

muse have, and always will, create divisive songs.

[most?] are good-to-great; some are poor-to-downright-shit.

most songs attempt to be 'fan-serving' in some respect; that means that certain fans will be elated with new material, while others will respond by emitting steaming farts...or the like.

roles can/will be reversed for all future material that's released.

if you're on this board, the chances are rather high that, as a muse fan, you have (generally) agreed to accept the facts/terms above.

long story short: have a can of air freshener handy, and use it liberally -- as needed.

This would all be fine if 90% of their shit material hadn't been released in the last 5 years. But it has.

"Dead Inside" for me is "Panic Station Part Two"

And I'm fine with that.

I feel like Panic Station is catchier, but Dead Inside isn't that bad.

It's the same shock value that Madness, UD, and SMBH gave us on first listen. None of those are really bad songs (though SMBH is easily the best out of all four).

It's like JJ pointed out though, this is the opening track that's supposed to send the main character into a dark spiral, so presumably the rest could very well be straight rock. No need to shit your pants just yet, you noobs.

Yay you agreed with me. I guess it's safe to say now after all that since "Dead Inside [WON'T] be next" on the tracklisting, it'll benefit us all. Track is by no means bad, but it'll be interesting seeing what Mercy sounds like since it's a bridge to Reapers, and I'm still super excited about the mysterious second half of the album given what we now know about The Globalist.

I can't really see this song being anything other than an opener honestly.

If the album is mainly straight up rock, I don't see a song like this working anywhere else. It feels a bit like Supremacy to me in terms of buildup with Panic Station's "funk" in the main portions.

I feel like Panic Station is catchier, but Dead Inside isn't that bad.

It's the same shock value that Madness, UD, and SMBH gave us on first listen. None of those are really bad songs (though SMBH is easily the best out of all four).

SMBH is WAY better than this!