Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

The Globalist being a ten min prog monster was the best possible thing I could've heard after hearing yet another Muse pop song. Also, thank fuck they released Psycho first. If this'd been first my hype for the new album wouldve dropped to 0/10

It's a solid track. What I think is promising that nobody mentioned is that this track is supposed to be the beginning of the protagonist's dark descent. If this is the least "dark" of any of the tracks and considering Psycho being what it is and being second, I think it's a far better sign that we got the pop track first rather than as some random surprise that breaks up the flow of the album later. Especially since all things still point to the album getting darker as it goes on.

I can dig it. In fact I'm very glad this happened! If they had done another hard rock song for the lead single it would've been too predictable, and we all know Muse will stop at nothing to keep from being predictable. Now I'm excited cause this album is gonna be a wild ride, not to mention a full on concept album for once, which I love. Also, where are people getting this stuff about The Globalist being a ten minute prog rock epic?

What were people expecting? This was always going to be a radio-friendly pop song. They were hardly going to release a 7-string monster as a lead single.

Yeah, but there's quite a range in between they could've gone for.

After hearing Psycho, Reapers, and now this, I'm pretty worried about the drumming.

Guess I'll save it for when I get home then.

You guys are scaring me :(

I quite like it so far, for what it's worth. That might just be because I didn't have concrete expectations for this song- the rhythm work's a bit weak and the lyrics are rather pants.

Edit: the bridge isn't really taking off either.

I can dig it. In fact I'm very glad this happened! If they had done another hard rock song for the lead single it would've been too predictable, and we all know Muse will stop at nothing to keep from being predictable. Now I'm excited cause this album is gonna be a wild ride, not to mention a full on concept album for once, which I love. Also, where are people getting this stuff about The Globalist being a ten minute prog rock epic?

Matt confirmed it on Radio 1. He said it's the sequel to Citizen Erased

It's a solid track. What I think is promising that nobody mentioned is that this track is supposed to be the beginning of the protagonist's dark descent. If this is the least "dark" of any of the tracks and considering Psycho being what it is and being second, I think it's a far better sign that we got the pop track first rather than as some random surprise that breaks up the flow of the album later. Especially since all things still point to the album getting darker as it goes on.

This did not occur to me at all.

Very true.

A heavy song definitely wouldn't be fitting the "story"

I didn't hate Madness on the first listen or so as much as I hate this. The second half is decent, like Madness. I don't understand Muse, it's like they bake a really nice cake and then just shit on the top of it.

You might want to copyright this line. It's perfect, and I will definitely be using it.

If you can imagine Bono's vocals over it, it's too U2. So basically all songs by everyone.

wrong.

this is more of a nod to 80s new wave sounds than U2. good try, though.

the breakdown is structurally miming "madness" which is significant as i would argue that it is the counterpart to "madness." he escapes it quickly, which i think is a nice little homage to the past, to himself. he leaves the structure and returns straight to dancey darkness.

i love the choppy riff in the second verse. this song is fucking doing it for me.

i am dead inside.