Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

I must say the transition from Dead Inside to Psycho works very good.

But still

You know the feeling you get when you go to a date with someone you really like, with a lot of expectations and then you both say goodbye and she didn't even look at you, she just left and you were expecting a first kiss?

Well that's kinda what i feel with this song.

I really envy those who can enjoy it :(

I swear there is still this mindset of songs have to fit into certain catagory of "rock" "pop" "jazz" "metal", etc, as if they are not allowed to go dive into the other pools.

For me I've grown to learn music as one big pond, there's great and there's crap, but the genre doesn't define it, you'll never let yourself explore or enjoy other ideas if you still to those tags.

If I hadn't I doubt very much my live band history would include Hot Chip, Post Modern Jukebox, Agnes Obel, Rammstein, NIN, I would still just be listening to Indie (Feeder/Electric Six).

Edited by Green Mamba

People are actually enjoying the second half more than the first? Even with that boring guitar? :(

It's like they just tried to replicate what made Madness good, but it feels so forced. If they had explored the weirdy, dirty, saturated guitar riff a bit more and worked that into an outro I would've probably loved it.

Well, not what I was expecting, that can be a good thing but not in this case. I was going with it at the first verse and the ace guitar after that (where did that go for the rest of the song?!) but it just limped on and fizzled out.

Immediate thoughts were that it's just Undisclosed Desires meets Guiding Light. And U2. And Queen. Which we've had all too often before. Personally, I'm fed up of that stuff. I'm not gonna get all dramatic and say the album will be a disaster now but after the momentum of this tour and all the kicking ass going on, it's just a major... buzzkill.

They are so much better than this. It's frustrating

It's like they just tried to replicate what made Madness good, but it feels so forced. If they had explored the weirdy, dirty, saturated guitar riff a bit more and worked that into an outro I would've probably loved it.

no, I think this is how madness should've made me feel. I really like it now :happy: (dead inside I mean)

Well, not what I was expecting, that can be a good thing but not in this case. I was going with it at the first verse and the ace guitar after that (where did that go for the rest of the song?!) but it just limped on and fizzled out.

Immediate thoughts were that it's just Undisclosed Desires meets Guiding Light. And U2. And Queen. Which we've had all too often before. Personally, I'm fed up of that stuff. I'm not gonna get all dramatic and say the album will be a disaster now but after the momentum of this tour and all the kicking ass going on, it's just a major... buzzkill.

They are so much better than this. It's frustrating

Thats the crucial point for me :(

I agree so much with you that it's illegal.

Psycho follows on from it quite well actually having listened to them both together - lyrically speaking. Just got to wait for the rest now in June see how it all fits together.

Might be a track that works better and feels better when it is put in context with the rest of the album