Where does The 2nd Law rank for you?

Museic07

Where does The 2nd Law rank in YOUR preference list?  

418 members have voted

1. 1. Where does The 2nd Law rank in YOUR preference list?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th

1. Absolution/Origin

2. The 2nd Law

3. Black Holes

4. Showbiz

5. Resistance

At present, anyway.

it's pretty much how I rate them :yesey:

but I think that placing TR last is a bit unfair, it's not bad at all

though there's no way to avoid it really

that's why I restrain from making such lists

it's pretty much how I rate them :yesey:

but I think that placing TR last is a bit unfair, it's not bad at all

though there's no way to avoid it really

that's why I restrain from making such lists

Not saying it's bad but it just feels... average. Apart from Uprising and possibly US/MKU there's very little knockout punches on this one compared to other albums.

I honestly feel The 2nd Law is one of their best albums and could argue it's their best. For me a lot of their albums have too many songs which sound quite similar while personally for me T2L doesn't. Each song stands out from each other and has more experimentation, integrates different genre aspects while keeping the 'Muse' sound, I know this'll be a very unpopular opinion.

I personally couldn't make a list of which album is better then as I enjoy them all, some more then others depending on the day but I feel T2L gets a lot more hate then it deserves. I'd be very frustrated if they just did another Absolution or OoS, as much as I love those albums they've had their time. OoS was over 10 years ago, if they were still trying to write songs like Hyper Music it wouldn't say much for their development as a band or as musicians....there is a high chance I could wake up tomorrow and completely disagree with all this

Archived