Where does The 2nd Law rank for you?

Museic07

Where does The 2nd Law rank in YOUR preference list?  

418 members have voted

1. 1. Where does The 2nd Law rank in YOUR preference list?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th

OoS=Absolution>BH&R=T2L>Showbiz>TR

Yes.

OOS=Absolution>BH&R=T2L>Showbiz>TR.

TR comes last because I don't like most of the songs. Some I really love, but the rest... still, as an album, it works really well, way more than black holes, t2l and, of course, showbiz.

Well isn't this nice. We should hang out sometime.

1) OoS

2) Showbiz

(Hullabaloo goes here if it is counted as an album)

3) Absolution

4) T2L

5) TR

6) BHaR

Call me old-fashioned... fortunately it looks like the dip was reached at BHaR.

edit: now that I think of it... 4<=>5 are difficult due to Exogenesis... but if I look back I only still listen to TR for IBTY and Exo. BHaR only for TaB and sometimes Invincible (even though at the time I thought KoC was going to have a lasting impact on me like Citizen Erased had). On T2L, I have the feeling I might go back to it for more than two songs, hence it goes 4th. The top three all have much more than two permanent residents on my "favourites" playlist.

I guess, as an Album, I'm not overly impressed by it, so it ranks pretty low for me, The Resistance & BH&R & OoS are way better for that as far as I'm concerned.

But I adore Panic Station. It was worth buying it just for that. And Animals and Supremacy are pretty good.

I'd say that's one of the most common orders in this thread.

Well, I hadn't read the rest of this thread, but my comment was referring to the fact that many Musers do not like TR, so I thought that maybe putting showbiz at the bottom behind TR would be seen as blasphemy. :p

Nice to know I'm not alone though :LOL:

:LOL: It's my proudest achievement as a Muser :cool: I may have mentioned it quite a few times :chuckle:

If I were you I'd have "I'VE SEEN FUCKING SHOWBIZ LIVE" in my sig :LOL:

So so so so jealous :'(

On topic, my first thoughts are still valid, T2L didn't move from the 2nd best Muse album for me. This order might change, maybe if T2L loses its novelty I might swap it with Abso.

OoS > T2L ≥ Absolution > BH&R > Showbiz > TR

I gauge how much I enjoy an album by the number of times/years I revisit it without tiring of it. Showbiz gets played regularly - I love it. I don't get how it is being rated so low as it is a class album, although not every track is killer.

Perhaps I'm just speaking from the perspective of shallower music fans than the ones on this forum but, in my experience, if an artist has released a few albums of relatively similar quality (ie. no MASSIVELY better or terrible ones), what edges people's favourite is what one they listened to first. :rolleyes:

Don't know why, maybe they identify with it more, or it's the one that made them love an artist first before they went to the other albums with preconceptions, thinking "OMG it's the new album from band X..."

As their fanbase has grown massively since Showbiz, many people won't have heard Showbiz first, perhaps going back to it as an afterthought, hence it not being many people's favourite. A theory? :$

Archived