Where does The 2nd Law rank for you?

Museic07

Where does The 2nd Law rank in YOUR preference list?  

418 members have voted

1. 1. Where does The 2nd Law rank in YOUR preference list?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th

And then it has IBTY and UD, both of which are better than the other TR songs you mentioned.
Aye. I Belong to You is my favourite thing off The Resistance, actually. Mon Coeur S'ouvre a ta Voix is just so beautifully composed. <3

I think my order would be this:

1. Absolution

2. Black Holes & Revelations

3. The 2nd Law

4. Showbiz

5. The Resistance

6. Origin of Symmetry

Yeah, Origin is at the bottom for me. While none of the songs are bad, in fact every single one of them is quite good, none of them stood out for me, which is less than I can say for The Resistance.

The 2nd Law got third place here because I found it extraordinarily varied and creative. Not a single song on the album resembles anything before or after it. The reason it isn't higher though is because of its inconsistency; some songs like Madness, Animals and Panic Station were fucking awesome in every way imaginable, but some others were just incredibly unmemorable.

How does Exogenesis add cohesiveness in any way?

and Exogenesis was something that Matt had been working on for years, even before BH&R. To say that it's filler proves nothing but your own incompetence and ignorance.

Only like 3 songs on the album actually fit into the theme of the album and so Exogenesis ties the album to the theme of The Resistance. Ah, ad hominem...(aka, I have no argument and don't understand what a "filler track" is)

Only like 3 songs on the album actually fit into the theme of the album and so Exogenesis ties the album to the theme of The Resistance. Ah, ad hominem...(aka, I have no argument and don't understand what a "filler track" is)

Filler track is essentially what it sounds like. It's a song the band adds to fill up space on the album in between the ones they really put a lot of effort into. They can be good or bad, but the point is they don't really add much to the album. Guiding Light I'd say is most likely the big filler track on The Resistance as the flow and theme would pretty much not change if it were removed.

At least that's what I consider filler.

I'd actually say the only track that feels like filler on The 2nd Law is Big Freeze, but that might be just cause they don't give it live attention. Everything else seems to have had a lot of effort. But then the fact the album has no flow might make it harder to distinguish what fits and what doesn't.

1. A filler track is only there to fill up the space so that they can be done with the album and get it out.

2. Exogenesis was worked on for over 5 years, was almost the ONLY song they talked about going into the recording process, and was one of the biggest album hypes during the recording.

There is no way that you can understand these two FACTS and still see Exogenesis as a filler. They're basically opposites.

EDIT: Also, sometimes I feel like the latin words for fallacies were simply made popular by guys thinking they had a better chance at getting away with arguments that had no factual basis. I've only ever seen them be used by people who either just learned the words 'ad hominem' in school, or just need something clever to take the eyes off the illogical points in their arguments.

Aye. I Belong to You is my favourite thing off The Resistance, actually. Mon Coeur S'ouvre a ta Voix is just so beautifully composed. <3

I don't care for the Mon Coeur S'ouvre a ta Voix part, honestly. If I want to listen to classical music, I won't put on a Muse album. 90% of the time I listen to the "no french" edit (that omits it) I found on Muselive.

I don't care for the Mon Coeur S'ouvre a ta Voix part, honestly. If I want to listen to classical music, I won't put on a Muse album. 90% of the time I listen to the "no french" edit (that omits it) I found on Muselive.

The French bit was the best part of seeing it live though.

• 5 weeks later...

1. Oos

2. Showbiz

3. Abso

4. Bhar

5. Tr

6. T2l

so many people voting showbiz as their least favorite? Wtf, is this some kind of running gag, or are here really so many people who got to know muse 1/2 year ago and hate their » strange old sound« ?

I mean sunburn, mm, cave, showbiz, uni, htaily...come on..

For me t2l has got to be at the bottom, it's just not possible to take this album seriously. Matt singing in an absurdly pretentious way. production just way to clean and over the top. boring drumwork + cheesy lyrics. 2 average songs from chris. Some disgusting pop with madness and especially follow me to make sure to win as many new » fans« as possible. after listening to explorers or big freeze I'm getting so angry that I have to listen to new born, futurism, ss a couple of times to keep my anger under control.

In the end there's one decent song with animals and that's it. :-(

so many people voting showbiz as their least favorite? Wtf, is this some kind of running gag, or are here really so many people who got to know muse 1/2 year ago and hate their » strange old sound« ?

Bar Falling Down and Uno, you just named pretty much the only good songs on Showbiz and even then, Unintended's quite average. Granted, it's not my least favourite album like it is for some people (it's my 2nd least favourite), but it's got more bad/average songs on it than any of the other albums.

1. Oos

2. Showbiz

3. Abso

4. Bhar

5. Tr

6. T2l

For me t2l has got to be at the bottom, it's just not possible to take this album seriously. Matt singing in an absurdly pretentious way. production just way to clean and over the top. boring drumwork + cheesy lyrics. 2 average songs from chris. Some disgusting pop with madness and especially follow me to make sure to win as many new » fans« as possible. after listening to explorers or big freeze I'm getting so angry that I have to listen to new born, futurism, ss a couple of times to keep my anger under control.

In the end there's one decent song with animals and that's it. :-(

For Fabri and Kueller.

That is not another my troll account.

No this is no fake account. I just like to know what people dislike so much about showbiz. It may have 1-2 average songs but the rest is surely fantastic and hasn't that been the sound we got to know and love muse?

seriously, t2l is just a little bit of everything to kinda please everyone, but in the end it's nothing at all. It's just impossible to take songs like supremacy for real when there songs like explorers on the same record, which could be straight out of a disney soundtrack.

No this is no fake account. I just like to know what people dislike so much about showbiz. It may have 1-2 average songs but the rest is surely fantastic and hasn't that been the sound we got to know and love muse?

I think the majority of people who dislike Showbiz (myself included) got to know and love Muse through the sound of their later albums (basically Absolution onwards) and probably later went back and discovered OOS and Showbiz. And there aren't exactly 1-2 average songs. Fillip, Unintended, Escape, Sober and Overdue are not that great in my opinion and I know I'm not the only one who thinks that.

On the other hand, Sunburn, Muscle Museum and Showbiz are some of the greatest songs Muse have created, but they're not enough to make the album as a whole better than Absolution or BHAR in my opinion.

seriously, t2l is just a little bit of everything to kinda please everyone, but in the end it's nothing at all. It's just impossible to take songs like supremacy for real when there songs like explorers on the same record, which could be straight out of a disney soundtrack.

No, it was nothing against you. There are some points I agree with you. But I think Madness is a pop song done right. Panic Station is good, too.

I personally think Survival only works, because of Matt's"pretentious". Supremacy is is a great tune, too.

But I agree that Matt's"pretentious" is way too much in songs like Explorers, Big Freeze and Follow.

He needs to find the right balance again.

Yeah, Chris song could be better.

And I'm not keen on the album closer either.

Archived