Where does The 2nd Law rank for you?

Museic07

Where does The 2nd Law rank in YOUR preference list?  

418 members have voted

1. 1. Where does The 2nd Law rank in YOUR preference list?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th

in my opinion, the 2nd law album is one of my favorites most of all the songs Supremacy, Madness, Panic Station and liquid state. But i do feel that there are other albums that, in my estimation, are slightly better. However, i will never stop loving them!!

Somewhere between 3rd and 5th for me. Absolution is my #1, Origin is #2, Showbiz is last. T2L and BH&R are about even, but I also can't decide where to place The Resistance. I'm honestly surprised how many people don't like that album. For me, it's pretty decent all the way through, whereas T2L and BH&R have higher highs and lower lows, so it's hard to decide.

Somewhere between 3rd and 5th for me. Absolution is my #1, Origin is #2, Showbiz is last. T2L and BH&R are about even, but I also can't decide where to place The Resistance. I'm honestly surprised how many people don't like that album. For me, it's pretty decent all the way through, whereas T2L and BH&R have higher highs and lower lows, so it's hard to decide.

What are these lows on BHAR you speak of?

What are these lows on BHAR you speak of?

Mainly Take a Bow, Soldier's Poem, and Hoodoo. Not that those are bad songs (and I know some people love them and are probably gonna give me crap), they're just some of my least favorites and I tend to skip them to get to the really good songs on the album.

Aside from Absolution, the Resistance is the easiest album for me to listen to all the way through without skipping any songs, even though most of them are just pretty good and not standout hits.

Mainly Take a Bow, Soldier's Poem, and Hoodoo. Not that those are bad songs (and I know some people love them and are probably gonna give me crap), they're just some of my least favorites and I tend to skip them to get to the really good songs on the album.

The first time I listened to them I didn't like one of these songs. They were just too...unusual I guess... for me.

Give the songs one or two years. They'll will grow in you.

To me...

1st Origin - only 1 weak song for me (Screenager). 9 High points: New Born, Bliss, Space Dementia, Hyper Music, Plug in Baby, Citizen Erased, Micro Cuts, Darkshines, Megalomania.

2nd Showbiz - only 1 weak song as well (Overdue). 8 High Points: Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Cave, Showbiz, Uno, Sober, Escape, Hate This.

3rd Absolution - only 1 weak song (Sing for Absolution). 5 High Points: Apocalypse Please, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, Butterflies, TSP.

4th Black Holes - 2 weak songs (starlight - simply awful - and soldier's poem). 5 High points: Take a Bow, Map of the Problematique, Assassin, Hoodoo, Knights of Cydonia.

5th The Resistance - 2 weak songs (Guiding light - please shoot me - and resistance). 5 High Points: USOE, MK ultra, Exo 1, Exo 2, Exo 3.

6th The 2nd Law - 4 very very weak songs (Madness, Follow me - worse muse song ever -, big freeze and explorers). 4 High Points: Supremacy, Panic Station, Survival, Liquid State.

To me...

1st Origin - only 1 weak song for me (Screenager). 9 High points: New Born, Bliss, Space Dementia, Hyper Music, Plug in Baby, Citizen Erased, Micro Cuts, Darkshines, Megalomania.

2nd Showbiz - only 1 weak song as well (Overdue). 8 High Points: Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Cave, Showbiz, Uno, Sober, Escape, Hate This.

3rd Absolution - only 1 weak song (Sing for Absolution). 5 High Points: Apocalypse Please, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, Butterflies, TSP.

4th Black Holes - 2 weak songs (starlight - simply awful - and soldier's poem). 5 High points: Take a Bow, Map of the Problematique, Assassin, Hoodoo, Knights of Cydonia.

5th The Resistance - 2 weak songs (Guiding light - please shoot me - and resistance). 5 High Points: USOE, MK ultra, Exo 1, Exo 2, Exo 3.

6th The 2nd Law - 4 very very weak songs (Madness, Follow me - worse muse song ever -, big freeze and explorers). 4 High Points: Supremacy, Panic Station, Survival, Liquid State.

I agree with almost all of this until it gets to the The 2nd Law.

The 2nd Law - 1 weak song (Explorers). 4 High Points: Animals, Madness, Save Me, Isolated System

My order would be

OoS

Showbiz

Absolution

T2L

BHaR

TR

Archived