Where does The 2nd Law rank for you?

Museic07

Where does The 2nd Law rank in YOUR preference list?  

418 members have voted

1. 1. Where does The 2nd Law rank in YOUR preference list?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th

If you put a gun to my head right now having barely processed it I'd have to say The 2nd Law, The Resistance and Showbiz are the bottom three, in that order. I can never decide the order of the top 3, but I have to stress that I think T2L is closer to the top 3 in quality than it is to the bottom 2 even if it ultimately doesn't reach it.

Its fighting with BH&R for the #3 spot, but I don't see it getting any higher than that. But I will wait a few weeks to vote.

I agree, I think BH&R edged it because there are better overall tracks, but The 2nd Law gives it a run for its money in terms of the quality of the songs i.e Animals and Follow Me - tracks like Soldiers Poem, Hoodoo, Exo-politics bring down the average of quality for BH&R, but then again, for me, Panic Station is just horrendous, and some would argue Survival is just as bad, which drags down the average into 4th place for me.

I agree, I think BH&R edged it because there are better overall tracks, but The 2nd Law gives it a run for its money in terms of the quality of the songs i.e Animals and Follow Me - tracks like Soldiers Poem, Hoodoo, Exo-politics bring down the average of quality for BH&R, but then again, for me, Panic Station is just horrendous, and some would argue Survival is just as bad, which drags down the average into 4th place for me.

:(

Probably second. Muse haven't made a strictly cohesive album since 2004, so I don't see why we should expect that now to be honest. I'm sure they did an interview with the BBC where they said they wouldn't make any more "albums" and just make a load of music after BHAR, so looking at it as a collection of songs, with a very loose theme, it's pretty damn great. There's quite a high level of quality running through it, and Supremacy, Panic Station, Follow Me, Animals, Unsustainable and Isolated System is some of their best work (in my opinion of course)

Abso & Origin are the best 2 albums without a doubt.

BHAR edges just ahead of T2L and Showbiz.

For me it's the best of Showbiz (Sunburn, MM, Cave, Showbiz, Unintened, HTAILY)

v.s best of T2L (Supremecy, Animals, Madness, Panic Station, Survival, Unsustainable)

to see which comes out on top.

The Resistance is last.

Not sure yet myself, it's got a great solid base for me with some epic tunage that has already broken my top 20 list of songs. And every song seems to have something I adore about it, which is only really the case with Abso and a bit sorta with TR. It could end up anywhere from 1st to 3rd over time when it all settles down.

Archived