So the 'rioting' is actually Wall Street trading floor samples according to the booklet. That's so fittingly insane.

How could you guys not tell that? Can't you hear the bell go off before the cheering and applause?

Edit: Ok finished reading the thread and no one on here knows what "the bell" is in investment terms lol. Sorry. I guess I'm the only one thats a finance major on the .mu boards??:$

How could you guys not tell that? Can't you hear the bell go off before the cheering and applause?

Edit: Ok finished reading the thread and no one on here knows what "the bell" is in investment terms lol. Sorry. I guess I'm the only one thats a finance major on the .mu boards??:$

I knew what it was. But then again, I am a self proclaimed dirty capitalist pig.;)

Going back briefly to the discussion on "them" and "us" lyrics I noticed in the booklet that the lyrics don't make a clear distinction. It moves from "you're" to "we're". "We're animals" "we're out of control". It uses bankers or stockbrokers as an example but it's actually a comment on how bad any of us can be given the right conditions. That relates to the lyric in supremacy "embedded spies, brainwashing our children to be mean". It's a comment on society, the system. Well I think particularly on neoliberalism, but that might have not been Matt's intention. He may not have even heard the word, it was new to me when I went to university.

Oh God, how is this song so good? True, the riff at the end could use a bit more power but still...what a tune. For some reason the "Kill yourself" bit really gets me fired up as well (not to sound like a possible psychopath :shifty:). The shouting bankers at the end is an amazing touch, too.

Kill Yourselves lyric is killing this song for me.

I wish it weren't, because the music is fantastic.

I just don't like treating other human beings with families and loved ones and such as though they are disposable, no matter how much you disagree with their politics, etc.

I guess it's my age talking.... I've seen too much pain from losing loved ones to throw words like "kill yourself" around in any context.

Well, that's what right wing politics tends to do, so...

But I agree on the "kill yourself" part, it's too much to throw around in a song.

The most OoS track on the album. It sounded amazing live and very very hard at the end. Will surely get the crowd moshing like crazy once people grow more familiar with it.

I was just gonna post that this is the first track in ages that I feel could've been on OoS/Absolution. :)

Even though I already loved it, it just keeps growing on me with each listen. Amazing. I can't wait for it live.

Archived