Hate it when ignorant folk think talented rich people can't stand up for "middle" or "lower" class folk.

Bullshit.

There's a difference between a musician and Paris Hilton

I hate it when stupid people with the reading comprehension of a fence misconstrue what I say.

a) Talent has nothing to do with it

b) Class has nothing to do with it

I simply find it a bit rich that an A-list millionaire musician who leads a life vastly different to the norm, refers to himself and listeners as 'us', specifically in this context, which is financial. It is unlikely the banking crisis has affected him/Muse at all.

As a loose parallel, imagine a politician singing Uprising/KoC or the Pope singing Megalomania.

It's a lyrical theme he uses all the time, using 'us' to include the listener and create a sense of belonging to something bigger.

I do like the song though!

Sorry. :p

I just didn't see you much in Main Muse.

I was unsure, so I wrote "a bit" :phu:

"Us all" is a stronger statement than "yourself".

I guess, it represents the opinion of the majority of people.

Well there's been nothing muse-related to talk about since the last album! I do not care about their trousers, for example.

It's more inclusive/rousing but less withering/dismissive, I think it's about level in strength but that's my opinion. Anyway, I still think he could have written a song about the financial crisis without getting all us/we/TEAM MUSE about it

Guest bellamylookalike

I keep seeing people say about a Paranoid Android comparison to this song in various places.

I don't see it :s

Gonna listen to both now.

I've never taken Matt completely serious about these things. Especially back during his conspiracy phase it was pretty obvious he wasn't fully behind what he was talking about, but I was fine with that.

Still, even though he has certainly benefited from capitalism it doesn't mean he can't be against the ones who exemplify the worst of it. They can be a bit corporate about their decisions as a big band but no where near the level of corruption and greed mentioned in Animals. There's plenty of rich people who feel the same way too.

I'm another one who cannot understand the Radiohead comparisons with this song. :erm: I just can't see Radiohead when the bass is so strong, the vocals so plummy and the guitar so explicitly bluesy. To me this is just an excellent Absolution-era Muse track with little hints of their so underrated bluesy work like Darkshines and Hoodoo.

Also, I think the ending is perfect. Far more effective than some big riff for me. There's an element of class there.

I'm another one who cannot understand the Radiohead comparisons with this song. :erm: I just can't see Radiohead when the bass is so strong, the vocals so plummy and the guitar so explicitly bluesy. To me this is just an excellent Absolution-era Muse track with little hints of their so underrated bluesy work like Darkshines and Hoodoo.

Also, I think the ending is perfect. Far more effective than some big riff for me. There's an element of class there.

For some weird reason, I hear Radiohead more than ever in this song after reading this post.:LOL:

Archived