FINALLY!!! I remember what the solo reminds me of. Empty Walls by Serj Tankian

The only logical explanation is that Serj must've discovered a time machine, travelled to a future in which the album had already been released and lifted it, bringing the knowledge back in time with him so that he could record that song...like I said, the only logical explanation.

FINALLY!!! I remember what the solo reminds me of. Empty Walls by Serj Tankian

What part of that song? I found nothing that sounded like Animals. Maybe you were talking about the riff at the beginning but as someone who plays guitar just no. Its not even notes in the same pattern or timing. Not to mention not even similar notes.

What part of that song? I found nothing that sounded like Animals. Maybe you were talking about the riff at the beginning but as someone who plays guitar just no. Its not even notes in the same pattern or timing. Not to mention not even similar notes.

I find the fast singing pre-chorus part a bit similar to the Animals solo. Not much, but I can see why someone would find a similarity.

Actually, hearing it again, I'm seeing it even more.

I gotta say, I'm a little surprised by some of the reactions to the lyrics here. I personally love how venomous Matt allowed himself to become in this song. It's not the first time his lyrics have called for violence (e.g. Unnatural Selection, Assassin), and why shouldn't he be allowed to put certain thoughts or emotions into a song? At the end of the day, these songs are all artistic expressions, not actual representations of his real-life beliefs to be taken literally. If you disagreed with his politics, then that's a different matter, but the "kill yourself" lyric shouldn't be called out on being too violent or disregarding the value human life or whatever. Well, not unless we're going to stop listening to Apocalypse Please because we can't support actually calling for the end of the world...

I have absolutely no problem with the lyrics. These corporations and wall street investment bankers have profited from the rape and pillaging of countries, taking away people's homes, their belongings and gambling everyone's money and giving so little back. If there's anyone that deserves to be told to kill themselves, it's them.

As if no one else play guitar? Yeah ok buddy. I respect your opinion that you don't agree, but I myself play guitar and believe it sounds a bit similar.

Anyways...honestly didn't care too much for this song at first, but now, WOW! Awesome.

Firstly, yes that "I play guitar" response is bullshit, but more importantly, even though it's not strong I can see why someone would find similarities.

I have absolutely no problem with the lyrics. These corporations and wall street investment bankers have profited from the rape and pillaging of countries, taking away people's homes, their belongings and gambling everyone's money and giving so little back. If there's anyone that deserves to be told to kill themselves, it's them.

Love the song. I only take offense to the lyrics with it coming from Bellamy (net worth $12 million). Not to mention he is with Kate Hudson ($38 million).

Just saying.

Love the song. I only take offense to the lyrics with it coming from Bellamy (net worth $12 million). Not to mention he is with Kate Hudson ($38 million).

Just saying.

I have no problem with Matt being wealthy, whether I enjoyed the album or not, he works hard in terms of touring and writing and releasing music and he certainly deserves his fortune...

Just saying.

The song isn't about wealth alone though. Money is involved obviously, but it's about stitching people over. Not giving a shit about anyone as long as you can make your millions.

Archived